Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 16:17   #271
Senior - BHPian

I expected Fiat to launch 1.4 Turbo Petrol as the Sport version, but this one is surprising, if it is true. I doubt it however, because I had read that the new gearbox for 1.6 is not yet ready, and Fiat India was unwilling to launch GP/Linea with the old gearbox.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:19   #272
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No T-Jet at this time. 90 BHP Punto confirmed for launch this friday.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:49   #273
BHPian

Well i watching The car and bike show on NDTV yesterday and he mentioned that the Punto 1.6 will be launched in couple of weeks.Is it true?
Old 12th July 2010, 16:58   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No T-Jet at this time. 90 BHP Punto confirmed for launch this friday.
Nice to finally get a confirmed date. GTO, is team-bhp invited for a test drive ?. Can't wait to read the t-bhp review.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:20   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Well i watching The car and bike show on NDTV yesterday and he mentioned that the Punto 1.6 will be launched in couple of weeks.Is it true?
i think that was a mistake. May be he mixed up Polo 1.6 launch with Punto. May be Polo 1.6 would be launched soon. Like GTO said and confirmed by some dealers in Bangalore, Punto 90bhp should is expected to launch mid of this month.
Eagerly waiting for as usual "best in class" TD report from GTO
Old 12th July 2010, 18:30   #276
Senior - BHPian

With Fiat's multitude of variants and names and engine,this thread has seen a lot of confusion.Nice to see some confirmation coming through.I wonder if Fiat might use this opportunity to reduce the FGT engine prices,although thats unlikely.
Old 12th July 2010, 19:36   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
He meant 1.6 instead of 1.3 VGT punto ! I sent him a tweet on this, and he replied that it was a slip of tongue and went unnoticed by the producers!
Old 12th July 2010, 20:11   #278
BHPian

Punto 90 hp driven

So today got a call from garrison motor ludhiana
'sir you had expressed interest in punto '
i said 'yes but in 90 hp'
'sir the car is here can i send the car for a testdrive'

i was bit surprised at there keeping a tab of my test drive i did 1 year ago .so gave them the time for a test drive.the salesguy came at time.so there it was standing there a bosanova white fiat punto 90 hp .liked the 90hp written in the back .i was not much enamoured by the chrome door handles the body coloured were much better.

nothing much to say about the looks of the car as they are same .the red stitching is seen only if you look for it.now for the test drive.did a nice 5km of test .the engine is better insulated the sound was much less than what was in a punto which i drove 1year back .the turbo lag is less .pickup has also improved .the nvh increase as the rpm rise from 2500.but even then they are less than what was earlier.couldnt test the 0-100 pickup as it was raining in ludhiana and there was much traffic..but cruising at 1800 rpm in 5th gear at 100 km is its forte..the panel gaps still there .the ill fitting glove box still there.

but the biggest disappointment was the rubbish quality of the speakers of punto .they had distortion even at volume 15. and emotionpk audio is also difficult to upgrade . .the sales guy told me he has already 2 bookings and the cars will be delivered on 17 july .both cars were bosa nova white..

its a nice addition to the fiat range .the car was run only 270 km and i was quite silent i can see how good its performance will be after 5k km.
the price and any offer that is coming with the car were still not known to the salesguy .

no pics as it was raining
Old 12th July 2010, 20:16   #279
BHPian

Initial report by a T-BHPian.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hp-driven.html
Old 12th July 2010, 20:20   #280
Senior - BHPian

So you are first team-bhpian to drive the 90 hp Punto. Could you notice any increse in performance and what about the price, any idea.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:47   #281
Team-BHP Support

Im sorry but im gonna have to take your comparison with the 75hp Punto with a pinch of salt since 1 year is way too long to remember how a car behaves.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:52   #282
BHPian

well yes the performance difference is there but marginal but what was major difference was the decrease is nvh and the less turbo lag

@akshay you quite right .i am also planning to test drive the 75 hp punto and compare it with properly .what i have just written
is what i felt on the td of punto 90 hp ,it is not a comparo

Last edited by rupinder : 12th July 2010 at 20:55.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:20   #283
Senior - BHPian

Rupindar, did you get the idea of what the difference between the emotion pack and the 90bhp would be OTR?

I understand you did not have chance of performing 1-100 but did you feel any difference in the revving sound when idol? Was it sounding great.

Other than the upholstery was there any difference in the interiors between the emotion pack and this one.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:27   #284
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the first impressions. Do share the comparison with the FGT version as and when you get the time to go for a test-drive.

What I really found surprising, a pleasant one at that, is that the dealership recalled your preference for a 90Bhp model. At the very least, the sales team for that dealership is fantastic!
Old 13th July 2010, 00:07   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Rupindar, did you get the idea of what the difference between the emotion pack and the 90bhp would be OTR?

I understand you did not have chance of performing 1-100 but did you feel any difference in the revving sound when idol? Was it sounding great.

Other than the upholstery was there any difference in the interiors between the emotion pack and this one.
the sales guy was saying a difference of 30-35 k between two but i think t-bhpians have a better knowledge of the price then these sales guys .they are clueless untill they are told the price at the training.

no difference in interior apart from upholstery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Thanks for sharing the first impressions. Do share the comparison with the FGT version as and when you get the time to go for a test-drive.

What I really found surprising, a pleasant one at that, is that the dealership recalled your preference for a 90Bhp model. At the very least, the sales team for that dealership is fantastic!
what i also liked was that it was a proper test drive vehicle and the speedo was no disconnected
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks