Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 14:35   #211
BHPian

Just Called up Concorde in Hyderabad. They are expecting the cars only by this month end or by first week of August. They have no confirmation on prices - as said by the lady on the phone.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:10   #212
BHPian

what i feel is that FIAT India should seriously consider their pricing strategy. Increasing the price of the VGT by 20k over FGT will definitely cannibalize the GP FGT. I think they should discontinue the dynamic FGT, bring down the price of Emotion and Emotion Pk by 20-25k, and keep the VGT priced about 30-35k above the emotion pk FGT. which will mean that the price of a VGT will not go up more than 15-20K than the current FGT EP prices. And still there will be a healthy difference between the 2 variants to keep the customers incoming for the EP FGT too.

If at all FIAT is thinking of introducing the "PUNTO SPORT", it should do that before diwali, as the longer they take, the lesser life cycle for the product remains.
pricing ofcourse shouldn't be more than 7 lacs ex-showroom. IF and only IF they want to sell some decent numbers and get some profits. After all the cars WILL come back for service right??
More Volumes = More profits in a longer run.

Price difference between the Punto VGT and Punto sport ideally shouldn't be more than than 50k, because other than the sunroof, it's only basic cosmetic changes.
Old 7th July 2010, 19:12   #213
Senior - BHPian

The more I see it, the more I am liking it. Bye Bye I20.

Pics from carwale
Attached Thumbnails
Punto Sport to launch-2514.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2515.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2516.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2517.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2518.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2519.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2520.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2521.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2522.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2523.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2524.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2526.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2527.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2528.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2529.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2530.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2531.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2532.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2533.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th July 2010, 19:14   #214
Senior - BHPian

some more shots from carwale
Attached Thumbnails
Punto Sport to launch-2534.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2535.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2536.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2537.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2538.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2539.jpg  

Punto Sport to launch-2540.jpg  

Old 7th July 2010, 19:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

Wow! The interior quality atleast in the pictures looks to be much improved.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:35   #216
Senior - BHPian

Carwale have done a great job with the photos, the Punto looks gorgeous. The interior fit seems to be improved as well.
Old 7th July 2010, 21:02   #217
BHPian

Asked the Concorde Motors in Cochin. They told the TD car is on transit. It will be available from next week onwards in Cochin. They also told me the prices will be out after two days.

I don't think there is any change in the interiors, quality and fit and finish for example in the below pic you can see the slight right offset placement of the HU. And the gaps are clearly visible.

Punto Sport to launch-383085d1278510064puntosportlaunch2531.jpg
Old 7th July 2010, 21:16   #218
BHPian

Guys this car is not the Punto sports we saw in Pragati maidan for Sure, this may be with VGT engine, but do you all remember Punto Sports had a different Alloy and was with a Sunroof, so Fiat may bring Punto 90HP 1st then a sports model to follow after the sales numbers go up
Old 7th July 2010, 21:25   #219
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys this car is not the Punto sports we saw in Pragati maidan for Sure, this may be with VGT engine, but do you all remember Punto Sports had a different Alloy and was with a Sunroof, so Fiat may bring Punto 90HP 1st then a sports model to follow after the sales numbers go up
You are right. I had posted yesterday after my conversation with the Fiat sales rep at Prerana Motors. They are launching Punto 90 HP now and the Punto Sport in a few weeks, with 16 inch alloys, low profile tyres, sporty interiors (leather optional) and a sun roof.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:13   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
You are right. I had posted yesterday after my conversation with the Fiat sales rep at Prerana Motors. They are launching Punto 90 HP now and the Punto Sport in a few weeks, with 16 inch alloys, low profile tyres, sporty interiors (leather optional) and a sun roof.
Is this confirmed? Boy, is that great news or what! Fiat needs all the "aura" (other than the Indica Vista's) it can around the Punto brand, I think the Sport might just do it.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:27   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Punto Sport to launch-acswitch.jpg
^^ This is the Punto 90hp pic which sid posted couple of days ago. Note the AC button.

Punto Sport to launch-photo162.jpg
^^ This is my car's AC button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@SID: Did you notice the AC button in the car is damaged? Any Comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
AC button is not damaged, I pressed it but forgotten to turn it off. The car was undergoing PDI, so some wiring can be seen under the steering. But, I hope that this car rocks. I plan to rive it soon once it is ready.
@Sid: This is not a mechanical switch, its an electronic button, even if you forget to switch it off it won't stay that way. The point is Punto still has major fit and finish issues.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:44   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Sid: This is not a mechanical switch, its an electronic button, even if you forget to switch it off it won't stay that way. The point is Punto still has major fit and finish issues.
No offence, but I would rather go with Sid who has been in the car than judge from pics. Also, remember Sid used to own a Punto MJD E+. So I would assume that he knows how the button workds.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:02   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
No offence, but I would rather go with Sid who has been in the car than judge from pics. Also, remember Sid used to own a Punto MJD E+. So I would assume that he knows how the button workds.
Sir, i have driven a Punto more than 23k kms. Even i know how the button works? Please let sid talk for himself.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:20   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, i have driven a Punto more than 23k kms. Even i know how the button works? Please let sid talk for himself.
Well, Sid who was in the car in the pic and who owned a MJD Punto E+ has spoken and confirmed that the button was not broken. And still you have judged from the pic that it is broken. All I am saying is don't judge from the pic.

Last edited by StarrySky : 7th July 2010 at 23:34.
Old 8th July 2010, 02:31   #225
BHPian

peace guys!!

can anyone confirm the news of punto sport's launch??

sid buddy can you help us out here??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks