Team-BHP - Great surprises in july edition - ACI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Great surprises in july edition - ACI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/84301-great-surprises-july-edition-aci.html)

If you guys are reading this, then i would like to thank the moderators for allowing this thread discussion to go on.

The sole reason that made me write this thread was only because there was quite a lot of revelations which i thought would be great to collate in one thread, hope i got it right.

Let us start with the small segment.

Honda is planning to launch its Small car codenamed : 2CV at an attractive price tag of 4.5 lakhs. To be launched at mid - 2011, Honda guys are looking at this segment really seriously and I am sure will turn up the heat with its repo of bringing in brilliant cars with great A.S.S. swift will have a competition finally. Great move

The same segment will also see the entry of a new Chevy U-va, through the SAIL hatchback also in the same segment with a price tag of 4-5 lakhs. even as the looks are promising, I dont know how far this car will go as GM has never done good in this segment earlier through Opel with the same name and Chevy Sail.

Entry level sedans will have the competition from again chevrolet by bringing in SAIL in sedan version recently launched in China. I will not discuss any further as It is already being discussed in another thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ail-india.html

Corolla bringing a different look Corolla in its diesel variant to be priced 75k- 1.25 lacs higher than the current segment - HONDA, pls bring in Diesel, would love to drive a Diesel Civic. But till then, I think Corolla will sell well, but not a direct competition to Chevy Cruze as it has a different segment catering, which will still shy away from Corolla Diesel- Those who love to floor the pedal at the drop of hat and zoom away. :D

The same segment will also see VW new Jetta - 2010 on Indian roads in mid -2011. The pricing will be the key for them, as a 2.0 diesel, will create a ripple in the segment.

Then, one news that made me look at an entirely new and upcoming segment in India. Mitsu's entry in the Compact SUV segment against Skoda Yeti. Named RVR or mini outlander, with the same killer looks as Outlander, it will surely make Skoda guys sweat even before they launch
Yeti. estimated to be priced at approx. 15 lakhs. GOD am I waiting for this

Then the mention of car which every Car enthusiast was screaming out of their lungs from the past 2-3 years. Mitsubishi EVOX, But wait when you hear the estimated price tag - whopping 50 lakhs:Shockked:. Here, I would ask the seniors a question: Does it makes sense for Mistubishi to launch a 2-3 years old car in India with such an exorbant price tag? and Will it create a ripple or EVO will die a bad death ?

This one which i am now discribing is not any article, but an advertisement that caught my eye. Renault looking for dealers accross india and guess which car was advertised there: Renault Fluence. God is surely gonna listen to all of us petro heads' prayers in one year from now.

Apart from these, there were already known reports of Vento launch, New Swift, Punto multijet and Indigo e-CS (fuel efficient veriosn with ARAI rating of 23 kmpl)

Thats all my friends, hope you liked the article and thanks again to moderators for it to go on.

^^ I don't find it very surprising as all of the news have been already discussed in appropriate threads.

23 kmpl for indigo ? Is that the petrol
or diesel one?

@DECite, that would be for the diesel version

What's is exactly new in these? We all know about all of these already, and there are separate thread for each of those.

Guys, my only motive in writing this thread was that not every BHPian, looks at all the segment threads, so I thought that one comprehensive latest entrants might be good.

But, if the seniors really feel its not worth, Mods, kindly close the thread.

dhall_gagan

Nice effort. But I don't know if you have noticed. When ACI has nothing else to publish, they let their imagination fly high and give launch dates for so many models. Not even a fraction of them see the light of the day. You gotta see their 'New Cars for 20XX' editions! That's the funniest of all.

With due respect to their scoops, this prediction business has gone too far to be taken seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 1952686)
dhall_gagan

Nice effort. But I don't know if you have noticed. When ACI has nothing else to publish, they let their imagination fly high and give launch dates for so many models. Not even a fraction of them see the light of the day. You gotta see their 'New Cars for 20XX' editions! That's the funniest of all.

With due respect to their scoops, this prediction business has gone too far to be taken seriously.

the new cars for 20xx stuff is almost similar done by many magazines... and i can tell that the GM chinese stuff which is being posted, can be considered as hearing it RIGHT FROM THE HORSES' MOUTH. Wont say anything more than that.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...digo-cs-5.html
most of this is old news :P
above thread has info on the 23 KMPL ( Arai certified) indigo

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhall_gagan (Post 1952560)
This one which i am now discribing is not any article, but an advertisement that caught my eye. Renault looking for dealers accross india and guess which car was advertised there: Renault Fluence. God is surely gonna listen to all of us petro heads' prayers in one year from now.

Renault has been advertising for the same since quite some time now. Even today's TOI had an advert.

Ok, this might not be a scoop, but this one is the one that caught my attention. The Kiirus ECU remap which makes the 75 BHP Punto much more powerful! It's faster to a stock car by nearly 2.6 seconds. It costs 19500 excluding taxes, small amount to convert the Punto into a Hot hatch! Only thing that's not mentioned is the dip in mileage of the fuel efficient Multijet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 1952797)
Ok, this might not be a scoop, but this one is the one that caught my attention. The Kiirus ECU remap which makes the 75 BHP Punto much more powerful! It's faster to a stock car by nearly 2.6 seconds. It costs 19500 excluding taxes, small amount to convert the Punto into a Hot hatch! Only thing that's not mentioned is the dip in mileage of the fuel efficient Multijet.

Please do not forget according to ACI the Kiirus remapped car smokes excessively, which is very harmful for the turbo and other parts leading to premature failures making the reliability a suspect just the Pete's tuning box.

The complications of excessive smoking and disadvantages are discussed Here, a thread dedicated to Punto and Linea tuning. Do not miss out the explanations by fellow member CPH.

When I heard surprises in ACI for July edition, I was hoping that they had reduced the number of Ad pages. Too bad! I am disappointed!! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWind (Post 1952971)
When I heard surprises in ACI for July edition, I was hoping that they had reduced the number of Ad pages. Too bad! I am disappointed!! :Frustrati

Me too!! I was hoping that there is something really new but all the things mentioned here are already in discussion.