Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2005, 02:16   #1
BHPian

wats Octavia vRS ?

I read in a magazine that there is another Skoda Octavia called VRS which has 235 bhp@5700rpm and does 0-100 in just 7.5secs.

Is it a new version which Skoda has launched in the market???

or its the same car we call Octavia RS but i don’t think so coz that one is suppose to be around 150 bhp.
Old 4th November 2005, 02:24   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hhmm..looks like the vrs ur talking about is pete's..look around for a thread on the 235bhp rs and ul find some info on it..btw it belongs to a tbhpian called turbondia..
Old 5th November 2005, 11:51   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Mawandia
I read in a magazine that there is another Skoda Octavia called VRS which has 235 bhp@5700rpm and does 0-100 in just 7.5secs.

Is it a new version which Skoda has launched in the market???

or its the same car we call Octavia RS but i don’t think so coz that one is suppose to be around 150 bhp.
Skoda Octavia RS and Skoda Octavia vRS are the same. If I'm not mistaken, the v was added as Ford had a problem with Skoda using the RS name as Ford was already using it. While RS stands for "Rally Sport", there are many theories for what the v stands for... Some say it stands for "victory", some say it stands for "Vrchlabi" (where the Octavia 4X4 and RS are built) and some even say it stands for "very" RS/ "very rapid Skoda" (Umm.. In my first post ever on here, I used the RS for "ridiculous seats" LOL). When I asked the two Skoda dealers here, one said it was taken from some sports club name, but he didn't know the name and the other is yet to respond.

As far as the Skoda Octavia RS you have mentioned goes, people are modifying their Skoda Octavia RS in many ways not only in India, but wherever the Skoda Octavia RS is sold.
Old 5th November 2005, 12:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Vikas the octavia RS and vRS are the same which comes as 150bhp stock. The 235bhp one you read about in the magazine is Pete's tuned with a Phase II remap and exhaust and air intake (the same stuff we offer here which i told you about) The article was a coverage on that car.

Arush
Old 5th November 2005, 14:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

so 235 bhp is the same power output as the Audi TT quattro version tuned out of the same 1.8T engine ..
damn your guys are actually making the RS go quicker than the Audi TT in india..
RESPECT !
Old 5th November 2005, 15:35   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The Audi TT produces 225 BHP and the RS stands for rally sport according to Skoda RS ads. I haven't asked the dealers here because last time i spoke to them there was a new Skoda OCTAVIA Superb on sale. I guess the V stands for version. Version Rally Sport.
The Octavia belongs to T-BHP member Turboindia who is selling Pete's kits here in India for CRDi engines, Turbo diesel and Turbo petrol engines.
Also,
His vehicle came shod with 17" alloys no Goodyear Eagle F1 GSd3 along with the stuff Arush Mentioned.
Old 5th November 2005, 17:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

I too went through the article in ACI and that RS is just too good, 235 BHP from 1.8L engine. Great job turboindia.
Old 5th November 2005, 21:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

I know what VW's VR6 stands for but VRs....wonder what it is.
Old 5th November 2005, 23:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

There is an ad in ACI(Oct,05) abt a 230bhp Octavia on sale in Mumbai. It says its got a supersprint exhaust, and sumtin elz

Most Viewed