Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat India small car to take on Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Let them get their "service act" together first and then the vehicles will fly.
Lot has been said about this, but what I still did not follow was, how was the Tata decision made?

I understand that going solo will dip their profits even more for some time, till there network becomes stable. But then they need to make a start somewhere and at some point in time. Adding new products wont help. That investment should go onto the network. Just look at the Linea sales. It really pains to see such a wonderful product selling few hundreds, where it should be doing few thousands.
There really isnt that much of an issue with the service at all. Its not Maruti, but its not the FIAT of old times either. Its more than good enough. Ask the present customers to get a real idea. The service is mostly a perception issue.

As for the Tata decision, let me put it this way, if it was not for the Tata partnership, I doubt they would still be here, after almost 2 and half years of averaging probably a 1200-1400 cars a month.
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:57   #47
BHPian

Re: Fiat India small car to take on Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
As for the Tata decision, let me put it this way, if it was not for the Tata partnership, I doubt they would still be here, after almost 2 and half years of averaging probably a 1200-1400 cars a month.
I bet they would have sold at-least double of that number, if they had been alone. Just 20 dealerships in metros is all that was needed, instead of the current 200 which sell in single digits.
What has happened is FIAT has lost that 'premium brand' image, by choosing their current partner.
Even in the white goods industry in India lots of MNC brands like Kenstar, Electrolux, etc have lost their reputation by choosing the wrong Indian partners.

Tell me how many average consumers would have considered a 3 cylinder VW Polo a premium car, if it was sold from a Maruti showroom?

Last edited by Daewood : 3rd August 2011 at 16:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks