Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:55   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Indica has already started coming down from the peak and indigo seems like it cannot go beyond 7.5k.
Figo TDCi seems to be pulling them away.
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:14   #47
BHPian

Folks a further split up. Does anyone have a further breakdown of Maruti's sales in June 2010 ?

And would be great if someone can post Hyundai's sales figures too. Shall include them in the breakup.
Attached Thumbnails
June 2010 Sales Figures-5a46639c2871ee13.jpg  

Last edited by autoenthusiast : 2nd July 2010 at 13:16.
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Maruti's detailed segment wise sales for June. Apparently they had shut the plant for a week. Source: Company Website
Is there a break-up of SX4 and Dzire sales?
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Is there a break-up of SX4 and Dzire sales?
Nope. However, based on previous months' proportion, SX4 should be around 1100-1200.
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Any idea how many dealerships do maruti/tata/hyundai/GM have in India VS ford. That would give a better idea regarding the success of figo.
Here are some approx figures.

Maruti:800
GM:200
Ford: 160
Hyundai:300
Tata: 300
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I am surprised as to how people think FIAT's after sales is not upto the mark. In one of polls here , 71% of the people voted for either "Meets expectation" , "Exceeds expectation" or "Excellent and Outstanding", out of 250 votes. This at par with Hyundai under 70% , and 68% for Maruti. I think it is just negative publicity . I think people just overlook defects from other manufacturers and latch on to something from FIAT.
Even the HT-Mars Customer Satisfaction Survey rates high points to FIAT. Both Linea and Punto rank in the overall Top 10. In fact Linea ranks overall Top 3. Here's the existing thread on this.
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I am surprised as to how people think FIAT's after sales is not upto the mark. In one of polls here , 71% of the people voted for either "Meets expectation" , "Exceeds expectation" or "Excellent and Outstanding", out of 250 votes. This at par with Hyundai under 70% , and 68% for Maruti. I think it is just negative publicity . I think people just overlook defects from other manufacturers and latch on to something from FIAT.
On a lighter vein, may be the Fiat owners expectation of Fiat A** has gone so low that Fiat is 'meeting & exceeding expectations ' of not-so-good A**.

Sorry for that!!
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:53   #53
BHPian

Statistics on Fiat India: Sales of Fiat cars in India
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Surprising to see that there are still buyers for U-Va. I never liked the car. In the crowded hatchback market its good numbers for U-VA. Dont know who are these people who buy U-VA over cars like Figo, Rits, Punto, Wagon -r etc. Any idea what is good in U-VA?
I own an UVA....and would tell you a few things why.

a) very high on reliability, Better than the entire segment (Look at JD power rank for last 3-4 years)

b) High on space, Never feel like i am driving a Hatch, its a sedan experience. Thoguh have problem on the flipside, when my other Hatch-driving friends take the car and put it to dent because of not able to gauge the width of the car in heavy traffic.

c) Very comfortable ride.

I think the reason 'a' is recognised by a few customers if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpripr View Post
M&M reported an increase of 19.84 per cent in total sales to 27,562 units in the month of June. The company had sold 22,999 units in the corresponding month of 2009.

In the domestic market, sales of the company jumped by 16.50 per cent last month to 26,243 units against 22,526 units in the same month last year, it added.
Whoa... Looks like M&M with its domestic sales of 26,243 in june is fast approaching Hyundai's total of 27,000+. If only they could put a car, they can easily surpass the Hyundai as the third biggest Domestic Brand-plate in the country after Maruti and Tata.

Kudos to Team Mahindra. Put the Reva as M&M brand plate in market you can beat Hyundai easily now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Overall quality it will beat the Maruti's, the Hyundai's and the Tata's of India anytime in this segment.

Own it to believe it.
Very aptly put.

Don't want to say much but let me just tell it for your benefit folks. After having run for over a year the total cost i have to put including the servicing etc is just about 2,500 for 3 free services. (1100+300+1100). Not to mention no complaint on mileage or rattling etc.

And i completely agree on the reliability you just mentioned gaurav.

Its Honda Splendor equivalent of a car for me.
"Fill it" --"Shut it" --- "Forget it"

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd July 2010 at 21:08. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:54   #55
BHPian

I remember there being an Excal sheet in the threads for the previous months. I searched but was not able to find it . Can someone update and post that? WOuld be nice to see all the figures together.
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:43   #56
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
One has to come out of the Box of Maruti to get a different feeling.
I loved that statement.
have a friend of mine who broght a U-VA for being tired of seeing so many swifts on road. I bought a Getz Prime for the same reason. Needless to say we both are having a rattle (and trouble) free life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Sales of the Logan sedan from Mahindra Renault Pvt Ltd went up by 12.38 per cent to 563 units during the month, compared to 501 units in the same month a year ago.
60 units more, Looks like Meru is expanding their fleet ?

Last edited by ~~h : 2nd July 2010 at 19:48. Reason: none
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Always been a GM sceptic, but impressed with the numbers they have pulled in June, Good going. They need to work on the Tavera, a decent reskin and repositioning it pricewise should do the trick.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Always been a GM sceptic, but impressed with the numbers they have pulled in June, Good going.
GM sure has surprised me. In a month where Maruti and Hyundai shrank from their last month numbers, Ford just about retained last month sales and Tata and M&M increased their sales marginally, Chevrolet sales were amazingly good.

One Look at "Beat" numbers and it tells me, May sales were sure affected by new WagonR Launch and continued Momentum of Figo.
I think Best gauge of relative success of these 3 new cars would be the Festival months of August and September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
They need to work on the Tavera, a decent reskin and repositioning it pricewise should do the trick.
For Tavera I would rather suggest for a Re-skin, No re-positioning and get a younger low priced cousin in the market. That would work like M&M Strategy, where Bolero still is the cash-cow, despite having upmarket Scorpio and newbie Xylo in portfolio.
Old 4th July 2010, 07:21   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
TATA has to wake up right now and think about the next version of indica and indigo. Indica has already started coming down from the peak and indigo seems like it cannot go beyond 7.5k.

If TATA does not come up with upgrades in a 6 month timeframe, they are going to loose a lot of marketshare to new entrants like figo, beat and new swift.

Feel the Vista is being run over by the Figo. Vista looks way to similar to the Indica V2 and (the earlier version) and even though it is a VFM struggles when put up against the Figo.

I think Figo/Swift (new) is the only real competitor Beat for me is an average car (if at all in this segment) and will loose numbers soon.

However, i think TATA should be thrilled with the Indigo range 7,500 odd is a decent number for this segment,specially since the Indigo (cs xl etc) used to clock around 2k+ and the Manza has taken the average sales to above 7k+.

Also, would love to see Maruti respond with newer launches.Dzire 3-4 years +, Swift 4-5 years + Sx4 (cosmetic change apart) 4+, and where is the Sx4 diesel?? Is it being kept away or is it just a rumor by Maruti fan boys?

I hope they dont go the Hyundai way and upgrade the bumpers and call it a new version.(verna). It is not a new version it is a new bumper(!) i hope the market punishes Hyundai,surely it must be some B-school pass outs idea of capturing the loosing market share
Old 4th July 2010, 10:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Would expect Civic numbers to go up with the new launch of the variant,and some advertising and promotion for the model.
Also good to see the Beat and Spark back in the 3000 mark after the lower sales last month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks