Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

I bet, just drive your car from Khanpur, Ambedkar Nagar to Moolchand Crossing around 9am. You will feel the reality. Public money wasted wisely, but named it BRT (Be Right There-always in jam)
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I bet, just drive your car from Khanpur, Ambedkar Nagar to Moolchand Crossing around 9am. You will feel the reality. Public money wasted wisely, but named it BRT (Be Right There-always in jam)
I don't know if its different now, but the road challenge among me and my colleagues was to drive a 2wheeler from Ashram to Kilokri. People who've gone through the stretch would know precisely why the survey came to such a conclusion.

Moolchand has arguably claimed more lives than any genocide/epidemic ever had. So much for public transport.
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Being a Delhite I am not at all surprised. We are the worst behaved people on roads.
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hehe. Knowing Delhiites, they would be furious at being fifth in the list and not first.
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Why haven't they studied Mumbai or Kolkata. both these cities too face similar problems.
Coz Commonwealth is not coming there .
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:34   #21
BHPian

Delhi is not that bad , am sure there are other cities in India which will be worse than Delhi.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:53   #22
BHPian

In my opinion Delhi (New Delhi atleast) is light years ahead of cities like Hyderabad, Bangalore & Chennai. South Indian city traffic is a nightmare.

I was impressed the last time i visited Delhi. They probably have the largest lanes & their traffic is hardly ever standstill.

BTW Bangalore has by far the most one ways in India and they never move an inch.
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
BTW Bangalore has by far the most one ways in India and they never move an inch.
Why that would be Kolkotta. There the direction you take a particular road depends on the time on your watch. If you used a road at 11 Am you are never sure if you can use it at 2PM. It will become a one way. Atleast this used to be when I visited. Its a nice city otherwise. Most cities in Goa will have one ways only and many will be without signs.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 2nd July 2010 at 20:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks