Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Tata has there own working style IMO. They dont do any talking, they just do the things in there own way. They are more towards giving people valuable products, Not only with cars but in all things in which they work. For last few years they are certainly going ahead in terms of the quality. There products are coming with latest technology & quality. Started with Vista, gone ahead with Manza and improving again with Aria. I am sure Tata will be able to hold no 2 position in Indian market in coming years.
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:56   #17
BHPian

Great going Tata Motors!

IMHO, Hyundai can pull it back a bit if:
-> their rumored 800c alto challenger hits the sweet spot. But that is if they don't delay the launch or price it insanely
-> If they can bring on an Eeco challenger from their global markets
-> If they launch the diesel i10 real quick and price it properly

Else as aniketi said, Tata Motors will be the #2.
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

I respect Tata, I like their VFM concept, I like their packages but, I will like their products only if they add quality right from nuts & bolts to ECU. I will buy their products only when their A.S.S is equivalent to M.A.S.S.
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I respect Tata, I like their VFM concept, I like their packages but, I will like their products only if they add quality right from nuts & bolts to ECU. I will buy their products only when their A.S.S is equivalent to M.A.S.S.
I wonder why Suzuki owners do this in each and every single Tata Motors thread. Thread is about Tata being No. 2 in sales, and here we go again reminding everyone else why we won't buy their vehicle and will continue to prefer Suzuki vehicle. What is even more mind boggling, is the fact that people who don't own Tata vehicles speak so authoritatively about the quality of Tata's vehicle and After Sales Service.

And more often it is being done by senior members........

Last edited by anmol2k4 : 2nd July 2010 at 20:01.
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:57   #20
rkg
Senior - BHPian

TATA will continuously new variants of its existing portfolio.
it has recently released Winger platinum a seven seater @6.46 lakhs ex show room in kerala
www. wingerplatinum.com
It has also released the Iris in rajashtan/punjab without publicity
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:35   #21
BHPian

maybe we are all forgetting that the lead from Hyundai is a very small margin and the nano doing better numbers will result in tata gaining ground
but the margins from Nano for tata motors is very less
going ahead the diesel nano launch will play the deciding factor
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
TATA will continuously new variants of its existing portfolio.
it has recently released Winger platinum a seven seater @6.46 lakhs ex show room in kerala
www. wingerplatinum.com
It has also released the Iris in rajashtan/punjab without publicity
How can we include Public Transport vehicles in passenger vehicle sales ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
maybe we are all forgetting that the lead from Hyundai is a very small margin and the nano doing better numbers will result in tata gaining ground
but the margins from Nano for tata motors is very less
going ahead the diesel nano launch will play the deciding factor
What does Nano's margins have anything to do with passenger vehicle sales ? By revenue I think that Tata Motors is already number one.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
I wonder why Suzuki owners do this in each and every single Tata Motors thread.
Do what? Anmol, pls read my post carefully, I haven't said anything bad on Tata, I only gave a positive & direct criticism on where Tata needs to improve upon. If Tata works on this point, they're sure to make me as their future customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
What is even more mind boggling, is the fact that people who don't own Tata vehicles speak so authoritatively about the quality of Tata's vehicle and After Sales Service.
Any TBHPian is knowledgable on what's going on with the other brands of car other than what they own. All it takes is to spend quality one hour browsing TBHP everyday to understand this & has got nothing to do with senior or junior.

Last edited by aargee : 2nd July 2010 at 21:48.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
This is not a 'do you like Tata products' poll thread, its about the volume of Tata sales, so as such you are going OT and diverting the thread.
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Do what? Anmol, pls read my post carefully, I haven't said anything bad on Tata, I only gave a positive & direct criticism on where Tata needs to improve upon. If Tata works on this point, they're sure to make me as their future customer.
Thanks for stating obvious, but while each is entitled to post what they like but it is hard not to notice a trend :- how every thread related to Tata have been receiving post concerning why some won't purchase Tata vehicles because in their eyes A.Sales.Service and vehicles aren't good enough.

Quote:
Any TBHPian is knowledgable on what's going on with the other brands of car other than what they own. All it takes is to spend quality one hour browsing TBHP everyday to understand this & has got nothing to do with senior or junior.
Considering that most of the posts concerning Tata vehicle and SS quality have been written by those who don't own Tata vehicles, you are getting "knowledge" from an echo-chamber.

Polite request: Those don't own tata vehicle and would like to rant about same should do this in a separate thread.

Last edited by anmol2k4 : 2nd July 2010 at 22:13.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:27   #26
BHPian

Getting on with the topic,think its time to spurce up vista sales with a face lifted version.
TATA pls get in a black interior trim,Manza like dash and better marketing!
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Somehow they still are not a respected brand. Waiting for better times in the coming years.
That is the trouble with we Indians. we are the biggest critics of our own products. No matter how hard Tata tries, people will still be unsatisfied. They will continue to put up lame excuses like Tata is a truck maker, Tata cars are used as cabs, etc. etc. While they all know that Volvo and Mercedes are also truck manufacturers. And as for taxis, I doubt if there is any luxury sedan on this planet which is not being used as a taxi in some part or the other of globe.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Getting on with the topic,think its time to spurce up vista sales with a face lifted version.
TATA pls get in a black interior trim,Manza like dash and better marketing!
Tata should launch this ASAP :-
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors the new No 2-tata2bindica2bvista2bconcept2bsport2bs.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2010, 09:02   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
This is not a 'do you like Tata products' poll thread, its about the volume of Tata sales, so as such you are going OT and diverting the thread.
aptly put, chncar!

The sales of the indigo range are impressive this month. do we see a ritz-sedan coming soon?
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:46   #30
BHPian

I understand lot of emotions go into how we judge a brand. Brand loyalty , desirability is very subjective.

First and foremost , we have a soft corner for the brand whose vehicle we own provided if its reasonably trouble free experience. Even if other brands have products and AfterSS that is better then ours, we will not acknowledge it due to two reasons.

i) Most people love the vehicle (brand) they own like family or kids and they want to defend its short comings. And have an urge to recommend it for others to purchase for we want it to succeed.

ii) They have very limited idea or experience with other brands products or A$$.

So this by itself is a self fulfilling prophecy where the marker leader is always perceived to have better products and A$$( this could also be true ). So it takes a lot for the new comers to over throne the marker leaders.

This works very well for leaders like MSIL , HH where all they have to do is provide average products and average service and still they will do well.

HH in this regard is a puzzle to have such a huge lead, when they don't have any meaningful engineering or product development ( no exiting products like P135 , Jive , R15, Disc 100 etc) nor do they pass on the economy of scale to the customers or have hugely better quality then others or great marketing campaigns ( i personally think all HH ads suck ) . But still an average indian will think three to five times before buying a non HH product.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks