Team-BHP - Best B+ Segment Choice!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Best B+ Segment Choice!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8490-best-b-segment-choice-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vish_Janu
though , i wish i could get more then the current 9kmpl :(

you wah?
so we know now that the Surbo doesnt work !:D

The swift for me. The only aspect it loses out compared to the Getz is the space. But its so much more stylish, more performance oriented and even more fuel efficient. But since FE is not such a major concern, i left out the Indica too. As for the Palio...hahahahaha

This poll shows that Swift continues to be the favorite of this forum despite strong criticism and self praise by Getz owners. If you read this thread carefully, you will see that although more and more people are voting for Swift, yet you see most people that are taking time to write are choosing Getz.
So end of the day I feel people who have bought Getz and prefer Getz are less than people who like Swift, its just that people who have Getz are more vocal about their opinions.
To take this poll further lets identify the key aspects where each car is strong:

Space, FE, Performance, Build quality, Tyre Size, Goodies like ABS, Safety, Price, Looks....

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
Space, FE, Performance, Build quality, Tyre Size, Goodies like ABS, Safety, Price, Looks....

oooo ..wish you had included the Palio 1.6 Sport too !
The site is up and it's priced slightly lower than the Swift ZXi !

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc
oooo ..wish you had included the Palio 1.6 Sport too !
The site is up and it's priced slightly lower than the Swift ZXi !

And the Palio 1.9D ELX now allegedly comes with beige interiors, fake-wood dash, ABS, Airbags - at about 5.45 ex-showroom chennai.

Its swift for me too, its a great car except for the cabin space.

I would go for the Getz surely...its much better than its contenders, the Palio is on the verge of extinction and the Swift is just too cramped...the Indica Turbo, maybe in the race, but its still got a lot of ground to cover.

My heart says Swift.. but my mind says Turbo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
but yes you have to live with the diesel clatter and not so good performance(0-100 16s).

what the heck you talkin' about, brah..??!! the indy has superb performance... i especially liked the clutch- the damn pedal has just about 3 inches of travel, just like true sports cars...

and if i may dare say so, i liked the indica turbo's clutch action better than my swift's....

and as for the poll... speaking from my heart, i love the characteristics of a diesel (yes, yes, the clatter, the noise, etc.etc...) - but not in a hatch, please... an SUV or a sedan, YES..!! but not in a hatch...so, i guess it would have to be the swift for me now (that's not because i own one; i would've chosen the 1.6 palio, if it was included in the poll...)

I test drove it extensively and compared to petrols the performance is definately lacking in city.
Low end performance is similar to NA indica with turbo kicking in after 1800rpm.
As for the clutch, the travel may be less, but driving in city traffic for about 1 hour can give your shoulder a permanent ache, but its a good way of making muscles. This is the biggers grouse with the indy's, horrible rubbery gearshift as compared to the rivals

funny poll .

if i was worried abt money indica
value : its getz
if i had lot of money to spare for petrol: its a war b/w swift and palio

but palio 1.6GTX rules though ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
I test drove it extensively and compared to petrols the performance is definately lacking in city.
Low end performance is similar to NA indica with turbo kicking in after 1800rpm.
As for the clutch, the travel may be less, but driving in city traffic for about 1 hour can give your shoulder a permanent ache, but its a good way of making muscles. This is the biggers grouse with the indy's, horrible rubbery gearshift as compared to the rivals

Hey tsk... it is true that diesel has some clatter (as u said somewhere above). However have u actually compared the newly launched Indica (not Turbo though) with the previous models? The clatter even after a cold start is much lesser. I should know as I have experience with both. The older one wakes up in the morning with such a grouse! :D My garage reverberates with the boom. Comparatively the new one's clatter, though still there, is decisively less.

The same with the gear shift... its much more improved now although still has a lot of catch-up to do. But it surely fail u now if you try to work it with the intentions of replacing ur gym! lol:

As a matter of fact, I have talked to at least 2 ppl in hyderabad and 1 in kolkata who have test driven the Turbo diesel. They all contended that the NVH level has improved even further.

Its improving with every passing day buddy. Only if Tata does something abt the tremendous animosity it is generating with episodes like the one with the Roys. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
funny poll .

if i was worried abt money indica
value : its getz
if i had lot of money to spare for petrol: its a war b/w swift and palio

but palio 1.6GTX rules though ;)

Getz gives less FE than Swift!

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
you wah?
so we know now that the Surbo doesnt work !:D

well , if the damn thing is for mileage , then it doesnt works.

is it for mileage turbo or better pick up?
i was told better pick up

and by the way ,

GETZ RULES

happy drivin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vish_Janu
is it for mileage turbo or better pick up?
i was told better pick up

hmmm .. either you should learn about the stuff that goes in your baby's engine bay or you should certainly change your mechanic !!

usually ..anything which claims to improves/ enhances the air induction process will give you better FE along with certain level of power ...
Surbo as a product claim to give the best of both ..

here the link to the site ..you once put up http://www.surbo.net/mileage.html

as far as i know surbo is a huge scam jus like one of those weight reducing machines they show on TV to deal with obesity..

MODS - Sorry for going :OT ..

i voted for the Getz but i'd prefer the GTX anyday as a better car than the rest..i didnt like the way the NV rolled. .there is no throttle response ..