Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Best B+ Segment Choice!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8490-best-b-segment-choice-4.html)

DCEite 8th November 2005 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
Swift gearbox is not similar to the desi cars that we are used to. The gear shift is quite sporty (gives a hydraulic feel) and takes time to get used too. Once you are used to the Swift gearshift, Esteem, Baleno and WagonR will feel quite desi and ghati. I own an Esteem, so telling my experience!

please:

I know Swift is a great car.. i am a big fan of that car myself.. but please dont call other cars as "desi and ghatiya".. what do you mean man!?.. Neither Esteem nor Baleno nor Wagon is a "desi" car.. and even if there is something desi.. is it supposed to be ghatiya?? :WTF:

RX135 8th November 2005 20:04

Aseem strikes again! rl:

veyron1 8th November 2005 20:15

take it easy, guys..i don't think aseem meant anything in the negative vein...maybe he's trying to say that the swift's shift is more mechanical in throw, and has that certain "german" feel to it, and it feels better than most (which it does)....again, i'm not putting the words into anybody's mouth, just implying what i infered...

that said, although the swift has a certain "sport" feel to it's shift, i've noticed that while power-shifting, swift's gearchange takes a little more time to engage than the others....and although the difference is extremely marginal, it matters to those preferential few...

and as a final note: swift isn't the BEST all-rounder there is, and there certainly are drawbacks, just like all others...maybe the 1.5 swift to be launched next year might be a scorcher, but the 1.3 is no oscar...

aseem 8th November 2005 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
please:

I know Swift is a great car.. i am a big fan of that car myself.. but please dont call other cars as "desi and ghatiya".. what do you mean man!?.. Neither Esteem nor Baleno nor Wagon is a "desi" car.. and even if there is something desi.. is it supposed to be ghatiya?? :WTF:

Arey bhai, I have an Esteem, Baleno, Zen, Santro myself, but I didnt want to say those are bad cars. I didnt imply Ghatiya, I implied GHATI which is another term used in slang for "desi". Like I had stated it was just how I felt after driving my Esteem have gotten used to Swift. The Esteem felt like a total desi machine, the power transfer, the gearing, the brakes. I am not making it up, just summing up how I felt. My Esteem is just 11 months old, and I love that car too, but thats just how I felt. No offence meant to anyone.

Steeroid 8th November 2005 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
Aseem strikes again! rl:

Yeah he has rapidly built up the reputation as the Speedy Joe/Santa of TBHP - trouble is, he also fills in for the Banta role.

trinadha 8th November 2005 20:38

hi aseem i uderstand ur feeling and ur words no problems but at times we do make mistakes multilingual typing would be hard so its better we use common english rather than embedding hindi and other languages to it atleast so that no misunerstanding takes place

aseem 8th November 2005 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Yeah he has rapidly built up the reputation as the Speedy Joe/Santa of TBHP - trouble is, he also fills in for the Banta role.

Steeroid, I dont know why you have something against me, but why dont you keep your feelings to yourself. Have more problems, than take them in PM.

Vish_Janu 8th November 2005 21:51

GUYS......

im predicting a late comeback by GETZ

what do you think guys??

polo107 9th November 2005 00:22

i own swift & i like it very much ..to me there is nothing without some +ve or -ve factor..its totally depends on you..

trinadha 9th November 2005 07:41

getz sucks in the looks point of view and the badge hyundai is never dependable think about peugeot

((sorry for my comparision with a flop company in india what if the hyundai goes down suddenly) and many other froeign brands cant trust them at all (fiat has to get into the list)i dont know guys but i hate hyundai vehicles the santro and getz(both because of their looks) and had the terracan would have come from may be M&M or else even ford it would have been better
coming to tucson i hate it the most (copycat) ne model which impresses me is accent but its badge guys. i dont know how many guys are with the hyundai company but guys are u happywth the badge and never compare ny ar model wth maruti atleast in the small car segment its an outright winner
so potential buyers rethink about going for hyundai (its only my advise)
the above points were though only my thoughts
if am incorrect , correct me

Surprise 9th November 2005 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Well, surprisingly i found the gearshift of Swift to be most difficult as far as effort or force required. Dont know was it due to the new test drive car, or all Swifts have this characterstic. Swift owners please enlighten..

Rightly said.

The smooth gear shift ever I had felt within the car that I had driven is GETZ. It's something like moving a knife in the cheese. After driving Getz, I felt Swift gear shift is harder.

Steering in Swift is silky smooth ( the best within the cars that I had driven). I love the easy handling of the steering in Swift very much.

turbo_lover 9th November 2005 10:14

Quote:

if am incorrect , correct me
let me be the first one at it ...
Quote:

getz sucks in the looks point of view and the badge hyundai is never dependable think about peugeot
looks are subjective buddy ..hyundai is one of the most growth oriented car making company ... their success has jus starting to show ...in india where every other car manufacturer (foriegn or domestic) failed to compete with Maruti hyundai has eaten majorly into the market share .. i havent heard any one complain about owning a Hyundai ... what has maruti given us ? same models for as much as 20 -25 years ? look at esteem ? how long have they had the same design ? maruti thrives on low cost production thats the key to their success ..hyundai is the only company in india which can match that and they have no dbout done a pretty good job ...flexible pricing , fine machinery and reliability all at par with the market leader ...

Quote:

had the terracan would have come from may be M&M or else even ford it would have been better
well they havent seen that much success to experiment with such models ... fusion is a fine machine why isnt it selling ? The scorpio sells coz its cheap !!but the engine is from renault the interiors are from japan gahh and hell no crash worthiness ! look at the ergonomics man ! for an average indian male who stand say 5'8 he actually has to have quite a wingspan to shift into 1st and 3rd ... as far as build quality goes the M&M cannot at present match hyundai...endeavour hmmm lesser we talk about the better ... obsolete model ..a truck built ot be an suv no 4WD shift on the fly ..pathetic ..
man they have an answer for every car maker in every segment ...thats a fact..they have a competetive car in every segment..even the small car alto segment they have the cheaper Xing ..they go where no one dares ..
you think all these badges become pretigious overnight ? they need years to prove their worth and be appreciated ..from where i can see it hyundai is on its way to it ..

Tuscon is wicked ! man i dont know about how the market responded to it in india but hell where i stay i see new tuscons and santa fes everyday at the campus ..
so what if the embera has audi headlamps and accord tail lamps ? so what is the tuscon is inspired by the X3 ? the sales figures will talk for themselves ..

if all the cars wore costly badges what will the common man drive ?
hyundai starts from the grass roots level they go up till the XG 350 man it looks class .. we forget unlike some of us who look at pure performance and heart throbbing looks rest of the world goes for Practicality ..

Quote:

so potential buyers rethink about going for hyundai (its only my advise)
wake up and smell the coffee ..things are not how they used to be ..

cheers

Steeroid 9th November 2005 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinadha
if am incorrect , correct me

You ARE incorrect, but time is the greatest teacher. You will find out for yourself.

For the record, Hyundai is India's #2 manufacturer and #1 exporter of automobiles. If you prefer to 'trust' one-model manufacturers instead, so be it.

kiku007 9th November 2005 11:37

Facts should speak
 
Please get ur facts right before making statements.

1.
Quote:

Originally Posted by trinadha
getz sucks in the looks point of view and the badge hyundai is never dependable think about peugeot
((sorry for my comparision with a flop company in india what if the hyundai goes down suddenly) and many other froeign brands cant trust them at all (fiat has to get into the list)i dont know guys but i hate hyundai vehicles the santro and getz(both because of their looks) and had the terracan would have come from may be M&M or else even ford it would have been better
coming to tucson i hate it the most (copycat) ne model which impresses me is accent but its badge guys. i dont know how many guys are with the hyundai company but guys are u happywth the badge and never compare ny ar model wth maruti atleast in the small car segment its an outright winner
so potential buyers rethink about going for hyundai (its only my advise)
the above points were though only my thoughts
if am incorrect , correct me

1. Looks are subjective. But still Getz is a good Looker for most of them.I just don't have a clue on how a good looking car should be for you if you say the Getz looks suck!!

2.You say Hyundai badge is never dependable. Can you substantiate this statement of yours.
3.You say what if Hyundai goes down suddenly.Can you give one valid reason to prove that either Hyundai Motors India Ltd is in deep financial trouble.
I say Hyundai Motors(Worldwide) is doing good. Proof:
Hyundai Financial Results 2004 and Outlook 2005 Link:
http://ir.hyundai-motor.com/Data_Down/IRPresentation_Eng/2005%20business%20results&plan(final)_2.4.2005.pdf











I'll post the HMIL results as soon as I find them.

4.You can't trust the foriegn brands at all.Man you should have lived in the Pre-Liberalisation era where people had to be content with TRUSTWORTHY AMBY'S and Padminis. Those were the only Indian options you had!!

5.How many of them are happy with Hyundai badge?
Proof:
http://www.jdpower.co.jp/press/pdf20...IndiaCSI_E.pdf

The Hyundai Santro topped the J.D. Power Asia Pacific India Initial Quality StudySM (IQS) in premium compact segment for 4 continuous years.Last year Wagon R was 1st and Santro second.



Ofcourse Maruti is ahead of Hyundai in this respect but that doesn't mean the Korean is trailing at the back like TATA. Also search TEAM-BHP and give me 4 instances when a Maruti or Hyundai Dealer/Service Centre cheated it's customer.There are 3 incidents for Maruti.

6.You say "so potential buyers rethink about going for hyundai"
I say NO and have substantiated my reasons above.

common man get your facts right before giving advise to others.Reason? TEAM-BHP is viewed by many ppl and your advise might mis lead them.

trinadha 9th November 2005 18:45

guys but y is kiku getting on to me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007
Please get ur facts right before making statements.
1. Looks are subjective. But still Getz is a good Looker for most of them.I just don't have a clue on how a good looking car should be for you if you say the Getz looks suck!!

24.You can't trust the foriegn brands at all.Man you should have lived in the Pre-Liberalisation era where people had to be content with TRUSTWORTHY AMBY'S and Padminis. Those were the only Indian options you had!!

Ofcourse Maruti is ahead of Hyundai in this respect but that doesn't mean the Korean is trailing at the back like TATA. Also search TEAM-BHP and give me 4 instances when a Maruti or Hyundai Dealer/Service Centre cheated it's customer.There are 3 incidents for Maruti.

6.You say "so potential buyers rethink about going for hyundai"
I say NO and have substantiated my reasons above.

common man get your facts right before giving advise to others.Reason? TEAM-BHP is viewed by many ppl and your advise might mis lead them.

Hey kicku or whatever these all were my own views,so its better to stop it here
definitely my car choice would be better (atleast than yours)

i could have with all ur facts had u come in with a better approach .look how better steeroid and turbo were
U actually really hurt my feelings its better not to attack any other guys atleast from now on
and wait my final say on hyundai
TIME WILL TELL
it bye bye to all the team bhp members
its a damn good indian site really enjoyed all the guys company


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:15.