Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:31   #31
BHPian

hey looks like 'ZE Zermans' beat us to it. Check it out, BMW offers this service (a lengthy read but interesting none the less, the guy went bonkers and over did it though) http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...status_-2.jpeg How To Hyperstalk A New Car From Factory To Your Door

Last edited by ishaanranderia : 23rd July 2010 at 17:34. Reason: there seems to be some problem adding hyper links and images
Old 5th November 2016, 11:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why don't the car companies have online tracking service for new bookings?

Reviving an old tread from 2010. Does any company in India offer this feature now ?
Old 5th November 2016, 18:44   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I think the whole process of booking and allocation, like it was in the bad old days of the protectionist economy, continues to be an opaque process which they simply don't want to endow with transparency, even in this age of liberalisation and the superb knowledge economy and the easy availability of first class technology right here in India!

It's more about the lack of "will" than the lack of "ability" or "resources".
Old 5th November 2016, 18:51   #34
BHPian

An Indian oem had put out a project proposal to automatically capture videos of their upper end cars during manufacturing and make it available to the customer, to whom it was allotted, as part of an immersive experience of owning the car. However the videos were supposed to be after the fact and were to be made available on a portal with a delay of two days. An email would go out to the customer to check out the manufacturing as it happened... don't know if it ever got implemented. This was about two to three years back.
Old 5th November 2016, 18:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Just adding anecdotal experience here -
While i used to go to tata authorized service centres, their service advisors always tended to have problems with their CRM - being asked to wait because it was slow/down etc was commonplace, and ther advisors would handle things offline and capture things in the system when they worked and were responsive later. So i can imagine using it for real time tracking of things might be a bit too much to ask for. It's been a few years, so things may have improved

On the other hand, i recall one of the team bhpians remarking that he always got a notification that his car was ready at his maruti asc, but when he went there he found that it was not actually ready, but they had marked it that way, leading me to theorize that maruti was tracking and pushing them to reduce the time taken to turn around cars, and they were gaming the system

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks