Team-BHP - T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/85471-t300-aveo-uva-sedan-official-design-patents.html)

Source: carscoop

So, the final design shots of the next Aveo UVA and aveo sedan have appeared, thanks to a leak from the US patent office.

sedan

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveosedan1.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveosedan2.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveosedan3.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveosedan4.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveosedan5.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveosedan6.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveosedan7.jpg

hatchback

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveohatchback1.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveohatchback3.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveohatchback4.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveohatchback5.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveohatchback2.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveohatchback7.jpg

T300 Aveo UVA and Sedan official design patents-2011chevroletaveohatchback6.jpg

The front looks like the Mitubishi Evo X/new Outlander while the rear is similar to Chevy's own Beat.

It looks nice from the front, reminding me of the original Lexus IS200. The rear is bland and unimpressive, in both the sedan and the hatch. A bigger wheel well and shorter front overhangs would have made it look better, in my opinion.

So if things go according to plan, GM will have three sedans to offer. The Sail, above it the Aveo and then the Cruze.
The Aveo hatch has all what it takes to take on the Swift. Just hoping GMI gives it competent engines.

How many of you think it has an Accord front and Optra back???

Yes i feel its resembles Optra Back for sure.

There are already a few photos of the next gen Aveo on Team BHP. Is this the same car or something totally different?

sedan has optra back, and hacth has beat back, so much for a new patent! and the hight of the rear glass in sedan in very very long, the back rest of the rear seat is under glass area, not under metal roof. The roof looks like that of a 2 -seater's.

1) For the fist time I feel that its an American company that is down to copying other's designs. This time the victim are Mitsubishi, honda.
If I am not wrong, GM India now has 50% of its shares sold to Chinese company with whom Chevy is having collaboration. Hence the cheap copy.

2) The Aveo sedan looks like its a slightly modified Lancer, the Lancer that is currently sold abroad. Mitsubishi, bring in your Lancer here early before you are termed as copycats. Just like Maruti failed to bring in Wagon R and Santro went away with tall boy crown ( Yes, original tall boy was a Honda, but I am speaking with Indian perspective ).

3) The front end is like a copy of the styling theme adopted by Mitsubishi worldwide.

4) Rear end of Aveo sedan is like Optra, bad considering Optra which is now relatively outdated. People may not like that. The width also looks less with this design IMO.

5) With right combination of engines and pricing, UV-A can be a tough challenger to big hatches.

6) If these cars are based on Chevy sail then again its a negative point. Chevy sail's platform dates back to older generation Corsa of 1993-2000. So its an old chassis since the beginning. I hope this is not the case. Otherwise it would be a very old car sold to us in a different package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuboid (Post 1982047)
sedan has optra back

No, look more closely at the rear-end taillamp design, it looks quite different.

Front (grill, headlights) are like 2004 Subaru Forester. I like the hatchback very much.

The only place GM can position the Aveo hatch is above the Beat,in the premium hatchback territory.They have to price it very competitively and must be available with a diesel engine from start.

I don't want to be over critical. However, why do I get a feeling that GM and Hyundai, both tend to over style their cars.

MORE is NOT always better. Look at the CIVIC for e.g. Timeless design by having clean lines. PUNTO, POLO, ANHC, AUDIA4.....any of the good lookers. whcih have them have complex shapes????

Completely Mitsu inspired front, rear is a mix-up of Optra and Beat. With Sail also slated for a launch, GM is certainly very serious regarding the Indian Market.

Both look rather nice and definitely better than the current generation. I like the rather restrained look compared to the beat.