Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 07:32   #16
BHPian

Somehow i feel, whether to differentiate a model as a cheaper one or for minimal cost cutting purpose, is inconsisitent. I wouldnt mind PS badged on my car. At the same time, i also know it is essentially running the same engine specifications as the higher models and for the other luxuries in the higher variants, it my was my choice not to opt for those
Old 16th July 2010, 10:58   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It's just to make the owner of the higher spec variant feel that they have something more exclusive than actually indicated by the spec difference, the costing difference is minimal, but the margins are much more on the higher variants and they feel (correctly) that the higher variants would not be picked up if a visible difference is not maintained beyond the spec sheet.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
It's not just with Spark. I have seen many other manufacturers follow this 'strategy' of not having badges for the lower trims. Eg.
- NHCs without the Exi badge (while Gxi and Vtec have it)
-
SB, not sure if thats a broad based thing, i have seen many NHCs with EXi badge. In fact, my neighbor has one with EXi badge.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:11   #19
BHPian

Most cars these days, specially the ones from Maruti, dont have a metal imprint for the variant. Each variant has a sticker that differentiates it. Absolutely no cost cutting and in my opinion, the buyer would not give it a thought if this visual difference was evident while buying a higher end car.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Most cars these days, specially the ones from Maruti, dont have a metal imprint for the variant. Each variant has a sticker that differentiates it. Absolutely no cost cutting and in my opinion, the buyer would not give it a thought if this visual difference was evident while buying a higher end car.
I didn't get this. I saw a new Wagon-R with the VXi metal badging today morning
Old 16th July 2010, 11:57   #21
BHPian

Wagon-R i guess still has metal badging. But there are few, dont remember which ones(Ritz??), have stickers on them and not the metal badging
Old 16th July 2010, 13:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
SB, not sure if thats a broad based thing, i have seen many NHCs with EXi badge. In fact, my neighbor has one with EXi badge.
Yeah, you have a point. Infact I see that Honda has inconsistency not just across trim-levels, but within the lower trim itself. I have seen both versions of the lower trims - some with Exi badge and others without it.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
It's not just with Spark. I have seen many other manufacturers follow this 'strategy' of not having badges for the lower trims. Eg.
- NHCs without the Exi badge (while Gxi and Vtec have it)
- Ikon 1.3s without the 1.3 badge (while 1.6 and 1.8D have it)
- Fiesta 1.4 does not have it (while the 1.6 and 1.4TDCi have it)
- Getz 1.1 does not have a 1.1 badge, while the 1.3 has it.
Also Hyundai i10 - kappa variants have a 1.2 badge on the hatch door whereas irde variants do not have a 1.1 badge.

But both have irde/kappa decals on the fenders for easy identification.

Rohan
Old 16th July 2010, 16:41   #24
BHPian

another wonder why moment::

I booked a skoda laura 2.0 elegance trim in cappuccino beige color.
yesterday got a call from the dealership saying that this particular color has been discontinued for elegance model and will only be available either in ambient trim OR L&K trim.

what's the logic?!?!?

you are discontinuing a color in a middle level trim. could have understood had it been discontinued in ambient or L&K OR maybe available just for ambient and L&K.

but where's the logic behind discontinuing such a nice color for a trim like elegance?!?!?

skoda would you care to clarify?

@ mods :: is this post irrelevant in this thread "wonder why?" ?
Old 16th July 2010, 16:46   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods: It would be nice to have a better name for the thread as "wonder Why" does not convey what lies ahead in the thread.
Old 16th July 2010, 17:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

I think it's just cost cutting. Even my ANHC E-MT comes without any 'E' badging unlike in 'S' and 'V' variants. Never bothered me.
Old 16th July 2010, 21:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
another wonder why moment::

I booked a skoda laura 2.0 elegance trim in cappuccino beige color.
yesterday got a call from the dealership saying that this particular color has been discontinued for elegance model and will only be available either in ambient trim OR L&K trim.

what's the logic?!?!?

you are discontinuing a color in a middle level trim. could have understood had it been discontinued in ambient or L&K OR maybe available just for ambient and L&K.

but where's the logic behind discontinuing such a nice color for a trim like elegance?!?!?

skoda would you care to clarify?

@ mods :: is this post irrelevant in this thread "wonder why?" ?

True in the case of Fabia also. Don't see any logic in this. Perhaps the decision was enforced by VW to push down Skoda sales, while they are doing exactly the opposite in the case of Polo.

PS: Yep! Your post and my reply doesn't belong in this thread.
Old 17th July 2010, 00:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Boss this is normal because PS stands for Power Steering and except that this is a similar version as ordinary. It is normal that this is not displayed. Lt and LS are trim level variants above the standard one.where there are a lot of extras.
Old 17th July 2010, 00:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer the manufacturers not putting any badge behind my car so that no one understands my variant, in fact it makes the car look good too, just like Figo.

You only get to see the variant only if its a Titanium, else its someone's guess it can be an Exi or Lxi or Zxi. I feel thats more healthy.

Lots of people I know judge even cars like Swift if it has an Lxi tag on it.
Old 19th July 2010, 07:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing Ford Fiesta SXI badge in black colour at the side which looked weird on the softer colours. These days its just plain SXi which is found sporting on the top end Fiesta model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks