Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2005, 22:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

i doubt that the new skoda will be priced so high- a lac's difference was already expected, but this seems...well...

i think the skoda dealer might be bungling up- or conning, to increase the sales of his existing stock, or to meet his sales targets....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I knew it. I just knew it. This confirms that Skoda has been smoking dope.
ha..ha...

but i feel skoda is coming to it's senses...in fact, the superb is expected to receive a "superb" price cut (a'la HM pajero), in the region of 3-4 lacs, and a diesel powerplant is on the anvil....hmmm...come to think of it, maybe the dealer in question here mistook the new superb for the new octavia....(hell, even we can mix up the octy and superb- they look like siamese twins- with one getting more brain and brawn)...
Old 18th October 2005, 22:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Right veyron... thats more like it... He might have mixed up the reduced prices of the Superb with that of the new release skoda.... Dealers, hmmmfff!!!!
Old 19th October 2005, 00:18   #18
BANNED

for 18 - 20 lak brackets i think its useless since u can get a accord v6 or a camry at that price which are far better
Old 19th October 2005, 00:25   #19
BHPian

I dont thing Skoda is smoking dope ....
The Superb may be an exception ..but I dont see them squandering away all that they have gained in the Indian market that easily in terms of brand equity and everything else ....

Also , I do feel that the Indian car market scene is really hotting up and becoming very very interesting ...
Old 19th October 2005, 00:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
if this news is indeed true then its sad to say that success of Octivia has gon into Skoda's head
Exaclty wht i thought when i read the title of this thread. I had some time ago that the new Octavia was to be sold alongside the current octavia. So it does make sense to price it significantly higher. But as most have said, 18L is totally unrealistic unless SKoda want a repeat of the Superb.

However, i dont think that Skoda guys are dumb enough to do such a thing. So i am expecting the price gap to decrease by at least 50% by the time the new octavia is actually launched.
Old 19th October 2005, 02:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

There's no way skoda is going to be selling the new octy for 18 lakhs.

The dealer is definitely trying to sell his stock .
Old 19th October 2005, 04:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

After the blunder pricing of the superb and the fabia launch nothin canbe said about skoda. Looks like skoda just got lucky with the octavia at first. If its true than we can say that it was the octavia that brought skoda to India and it was the octavia that sunk skoda in India.
Old 19th October 2005, 08:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mondeo is there but hardly anyone knows that it exsists. But to me it's over-priced
hey amit,the new mondeo doesnt come with any diesel engine bro

Quote:
....buy a Hyundai Elantra CRDi for 9.something lakhs (post-rumoured-price-revision),
hi steeroid

the price isnt rumoured, got it on paper yest night.price is confirmed 9.13 lacs ex showroon hyd.

Quote:
Just came to know from Skoda dealer that Skoda Octavia (new model) is expected in Jan-Mar 06 and is going to be priced at around 18-19 lakhs
had been to the skoda showroom to find out abt the superb diesel and the new octy,heard no other news apart from that the diesel version of the superb is going to be launched next month with the otr below 23lacs.
Old 24th October 2005, 09:53   #24
BHPian

Skoda A5

Skoda is launching their A5 version of Octavia in december. Is this the new skoda octavia ??

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1271801.cms
Old 24th October 2005, 10:04   #25
BHPian

This pointer will give you more details on the A5 platform

http://www.carpages.co.uk/skoda/skod...echo=922192119
Old 24th October 2005, 11:33   #26
BANNED

What I heard say two weeks ago is that the new Skoda Octavia will only be launched with the diesel option for starters, but when I called the dealer this morning and asked him if the new Skoda Octavia will be available in the RS model too, he said yes. He is going to confirm the same by this afternoon and I will post whatever his response is as and when I get it.

As far as the price for the new Skoda Octavia RS goes, I will definitely not buy it if it costs anything more than 15.5 lakhs as the Sonata Embera (manual) costs just around that price OTR.

The problems with the current Skoda Octavia are that a Sonata Embera would beat it flat in terms of performance and the seating comfort (both, front and rear) in the current Skoda Octavia RS is bad… very bad (Read this)!

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 24th October 2005 at 11:48.
Old 24th October 2005, 12:21   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic

The problems with the current Skoda Octavia are that a Sonata Embera would beat it flat in terms of performance and the seating comfort (both, front and rear) in the current Skoda Octavia RS is bad… very bad (Read this)!
Overseas, the sonata competes with the Superb - big barge segment

Skoda are strectching their luck with Octy pricing
Old 24th October 2005, 12:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Okay i just had a word with one of the dealers too, the stocks are coming in by mid december and deliveries start next year. Base model is expected to be around 16 big ones, So probably like an L&K edition goes to around 18ish.... they cant position the new car below that i guess otherwise it'll come into the present L&K category and everyone knows they want to keep on selling both the versions simultaneously.

Btw, also confirmed that the RS is not coming, atleast not for now. Its just the diesel.

Arush

Last edited by autopsyche : 24th October 2005 at 12:25.
Old 24th October 2005, 12:31   #29
Team-BHP Support

Sad sad sad ....This is going to cost Skoda all the goodwill it has accumulated over the years.

Nobody likes being taken for a ride, and Skoda are soon going to learn that the Indian public is not any different.
Old 24th October 2005, 13:35   #30
Team-BHP Support

Would have mae sense to despec existing model and put the A5 as L&k version
Closed Thread

Most Viewed