Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2005, 15:09   #31
BHPian

18-19 Lakhs for a new octy ????That not going to do any good for skoda india....First the superb and now the octy....and can anyone say what are the additional features we get with this huge money??

CAT
Old 24th October 2005, 15:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

There goes one of the main USP's of the Octy, straight out of the window.

Go buy an Accord........
Old 25th October 2005, 11:14   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Okay i just had a word with one of the dealers too, the stocks are coming in by mid december and deliveries start next year. Base model is expected to be around 16 big ones, So probably like an L&K edition goes to around 18ish.... they cant position the new car below that i guess otherwise it'll come into the present L&K category and everyone knows they want to keep on selling both the versions simultaneously.

Btw, also confirmed that the RS is not coming, atleast not for now. Its just the diesel.

Arush
Correct, that's what I was told too, around 16.1 for base price. There has been no confirmation from either of the two Skoda-Auto dealers here in Chennai regarding the new 2006 Skoda Octavia being launched in the RS model too as yet. It would be nice if all of us keep each other posted in this regard and let's hope they launch the RS model of the 2006 Skoda Octavia with 200bhp like they have abroad.

Autopsyche/ Arush, thanks for the confirmation.

If anyone has more confirmed news about the Skoda Octavia 2006/ RS (now or in the future), please keep us all posted. I'm sure many like me are eyeing this as their car for 2006.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 25th October 2005 at 11:22.
Old 25th October 2005, 11:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

okay, it's official then: skoda's gone bonkers....

but i don't think there'll be any dearth of buyers for the new octy: if many others can get away with overpricing, why can't skoda..?

but a dicey road lies ahead for skoda: if they price the new octy at 18L, then it's going to be a tricky maneuver, as they also plan to introduce the superb diesel for about 20-22...hmmm...another case of the bigger stablemate cannibalising the sales of it's sibling..? perhaps; only time will tell...
Old 25th October 2005, 11:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but i don't think there'll be any dearth of buyers for the new octy: if many others can get away with overpricing, why can't skoda..?
Sorry, but i don't agree. The new Octi will just not sell at that price. Remember, the only reason the Octi was a success was because it was percieved as giving superior value for the money spent on it.

That the A5 looks similar to the A4 will make it harder for Skoda to price it that high. Look what happened to the Superb.
Old 25th October 2005, 12:09   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I dont think Skoda will price the new Octi that high, cos they have learnt from the Superb experience. Also, selling a new generation side by side with an old generation dilutes the brand.

If they still go ahead and launch the new Octi at 18 lacs, they need to start growing weed in their backyard.

GTO
Old 25th October 2005, 14:00   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Iside by side with an old generation dilutes the brand.

If they still go ahead and launch the new Octi at 18 lacs, they need to start growing weed in their backyard.

GTO

Venue for next Team-bhp meet ??
Old 25th October 2005, 14:45   #38
Team-BHP Support

we can call it "magic garden". :-)
Old 25th October 2005, 19:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Octy 1 was positioned at a price point higher than the Japanese C segment competetion and the people accepted it.
Now the Octy II is much bigger and therefore they are slotting it as a D-segment. So now they price it slightly higher than Sonata and Accord, the D-segment competetion. At 16L, its more expensive than an Accord, but keep in mind it has a diesel and more importantly, it has the 'German Car' image. 18 is sacrilege

But, like someone said, using the same name is stupid and will confuse the customers. Looks like they dont have money to invest in new badging.
Old 25th October 2005, 19:32   #40
BANNED

Keeping the price mentioned in this forum, not many will choose the 2006 Skoda Octavia (petrol) over the Honda Accord (especially if the 2006 model of the Honda Accord is launched here). 2006 Skoda Octavia diesel is another story.

I am keeping my eyes out for the 2006 Skoda Octavia RS, but only if it's priced right. If it works out to be more expensive than the Honda Accord, I am buying a Honda Accord.

I hope someone from Skoda-Auto India is reading our posts.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 25th October 2005 at 19:34.
Old 25th October 2005, 21:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure it won't be that high. It'll mostly priced bte 14-16lacs.
Old 25th October 2005, 22:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

I have been seeing quite a lot of the new Octy over the past few days. The one doing the test runs is the petrol version (or an incredibly silent diesel). The car was upholstered with cloth seats!! At 18 L I expect a V6 and an auto and cowhide all over. Will try and get pics. Buy the Accord guys.

Last edited by sajo : 25th October 2005 at 22:04.
Old 25th October 2005, 23:05   #43
BHPian

I am sure the dealer might have just given this false information... otherwise people will start postponing their purchases....
Old 25th October 2005, 23:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
I have been seeing quite a lot of the new Octy over the past few days. The one doing the test runs is the petrol version (or an incredibly silent diesel). The car was upholstered with cloth seats!!
was it the one in silver color with roof mounted antena?
(by new i think you mean new model)

if yes then thats TDI
Old 26th October 2005, 00:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

The new Octy wont sell for 18L but I still feel the salesman may have confused the Superb price cut with the new Octy launch. But if the unexpected happens and it is indeed priced that high, it will play into the hands of the other manufactures. Sure the new diesel engine will be fuel efficient but that wont help.

I'm sure someone from Skoda is following this thread closely and if they do give the A5 price a rethink after going through the posts, I'm sure the Indian customer will have a lot to thank Team BHP for
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks