Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2005, 22:53   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I still feel Skoda are aiming too high with their pricing. They can call it whatever they want, but it is what it is, a Golf with a boot, and a whole segment lower than the Accord.
I agree , Size does matter but at the same time thats not the only thing , you 've to see the quality of the product too . Had that been the case then people woudnt 've been buying a CR-V or tucsons (Nearly half in size) instead of Endeavour .
I aint saying that Accord is not a Quality product but to be honest it has never been my first choice cos when i would spend Rs 17 lacs , i want my car to provide me the comfort like no other in its segment and keep the outside world where it belongs but unfort Accord is a let down in this category .
IMO The current octavia provides a better ride quality and the quietness inside the cabin when compared to the Accord .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
The New Civic will eat up all competition when it's launched next year
As far the New civic, it will be a direct competition between the current octavia vs corrola vs civic .

@amit : yup it is approx 7 inches longer and 3 inches wider than the current octavia and i agree the pricing is on the higher side but then again Skoda is just following the , should i say "Indian tradition" set by other mnfrs.

@merve extreme : As far as i know this car 'll be having even better features than the current octavia L&K and you feel it should be for 15 lacs ...... So at the end of the day the difference between your price and the company's comes out to be 1.5 lacs(approx) .
So as i said that Skoda is just following what other mnfrs are doing and that is to overprice their cars, skoda is not alone .

p.s No offence to anybody but i think we indians should judge a product , not by its size but its quality and we 'll only reach to a conclusion whether the NEW A5 is worth the sticker price once it arrives in the showrooms .
Old 25th November 2005, 14:00   #77
Team-BHP Support

They are going to call it "Laura", hope no one misspells it with a D
Old 25th November 2005, 14:09   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
They are going to call it "Laura", hope no one misspells it with a D
What would that mean ajmat bhai.. Skoda's New Lau*a

Thats a sissy name!
Old 25th November 2005, 16:05   #79
GTO