Team-BHP - Confirmed : Skoda's New A5 launch in this November
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Confirmed : Skoda's New A5 launch in this November (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8555-confirmed-skodas-new-a5-launch-november.html)

Just came to know from Skoda dealer that Skoda Octavia (new model) is expected in Jan-Mar 06 and is going to be priced at around 18-19 lakhs.
Asked to justify the price, they said it will be a different segment all together and will fill in the gap between Octavia and Superb.

The Diesel is expected to be 2.0 TDI at about 140BHP :)
but doesn't make any sense at that price :(

This deserves a separate thread, if it is indeed true!

I hope it's not, for Skoda's sake! Who on earth will buy a Octavia for 18 lakhs! Maybe the top end variant will top out at close to that to begin with. However I expect realistic prices within a few months of their launch.

What about the Fabia?! Any news?

2.0TDI with 140 bhp at tap, and costing 18-19L? What's the logic? Does skoda think that it will compete against Camry/Accord or even Embera with lot more powerful engines? Where does 'C' class start at?

If its true - RIP the new Octavia !

I knew it. I just knew it. This confirms that Skoda has been smoking dope.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
What about the Fabia?! Any news?

Well the way skoda is going, fabia will be priced around 9-10 lacs, for a car the size of an ikon. So they must have realised that launching fabia is pushing their luck too far. I dont think it will ever be launched in india. Maybe a cheaper car from thier stable will be named and launched as fabia in india.
Just like suzuki swift(old) with a hatch is esteem and suzuki esteem is baleno in India .

I think Skoda feels that if it prices the 2.0 Tdi 140hp version at 18 lakhs then it will be tolerable. No-one else gives a diesel at that price. Mondeo is there but hardly anyone knows that it exsists. But to me it's over-priced. Why is Skoda trying to move upmarket? If the Octavia is going to be priced at 18-19 lakhs then what will VW do? Weren't they supposed to be the upmarket brand in India? Don't tell me VW will price the measly Jetta at Merc C class levels and the Passat at Merc E class levels! Thats, of course, assuming Vw will eventually launch these cars in India.

as most people said it won't sell

I don't think anyone will pay 18L for Octy diesel, specially with Sonata common rail coming

if this news is indeed true then its sad to say that success of Octivia has gon into Skoda's head

at 18lac-19 lac! they nuts ? i thought it will be 15-16 at max. fabia was 2 costly 4 india and hence dropped i guess

OMG!!! 18-19 lakhs for a Skoda??? Which puts it on par with the Camry? Thats unthinkable....buy a Hyundai Elantra CRDi for 9.something lakhs (post-rumoured-price-revision), add Pete's Tuning Box and you have a 135-odd BHP CRDi engine for less than 10 lakhs - who the hell's gonna pay an 80% premium for a Skoda?

If this is true, they've lost it completely.

If this info is correct, I feel Skoda have gone terribly wrong in their strategy for the new Octi. In my opinion, they should have stopped the production of the present Octi and should have released only the new one, aka Honda. I believe they are selling both the A5 and A4 Octi in UK. They are planning the same strategy here, but this one is a little too much. I certainly would not pay 18-19 lakhs for the new Octi.

If true, Skoda has bungled it. Big Time.

First the delays with the fabia and then launch of the Octavia Estate and now this.

They had worked themselves into an enviable position in the market, but they have now squandered it away, I guess.

Wait a minute... Everyone has just jumped at he 18-19 lakh pricing info... ST7 has just quoted that the price was informed by a dealer and we all know this necessarily need not be true...

Lets wait and see what comes out eventually... Dealers are not to be totally believed and go with what they say... Lets not jump to conclusions... Any poptential skoda buyer visiting this thread could take any decisions on this and which could/might prove costly to him/her.

anyway, best thing they should do is price teh old one 50-100k less and bring teh new one up by 100k.