Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 11:19   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sleek Tata Nanos to Replace Rasping Autos

Reviving an old thread. Saw this news in todays news paper.
Tata Nano enters Sri Lanka taxi market - The Economic Times
Sleek Tata Nanos to Replace Rasping Autos-nanocab.jpg
I hope the same wont happen in India. I do not want to Nano to loose its personality. Magic/Magic can be Taxis but not Nano, please
Old 10th June 2011, 11:57   #92
BHPian

I don't have any source to claim it but heard this story when Tata was about to launch Nano, that they will make sure that Nano will not enter into Taxi segment. I don't know how this could be possible, but is there any such provision by RTO not to allow a particular vehicle-segment to become a mainstream transport vehicle segment?
Old 10th June 2011, 11:58   #93
Senior - BHPian

When an Alto/Wagon R can be a taxi, why not the Nano?

PS: I want that LHS rear view mirror to be standard on all Nanos sold in India. Why this partiality?
Old 10th June 2011, 12:31   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
What do yo think about this story ?

Tata Nano vs Bajaj Autorickshaws

* Tata Nano emits 101 grams of CO2 per kilometer while 2-stroke and 4-stroke auto-rickshaws emit 87.2 and 85.6 CO2/km respectively. LPG autos’
for detailed story
NOTHING, I mean NOTHING can be farther in truth than the above statement. These numbers exist in theory. My heart pains whenever autos SPEW black venom into the environment. I feel like working out and taking the auto drivers to a sparring round.

Autos POLLUTE (* ZILLION)

Why create BS4 / BS5 (BS means some other stuff too) regulations when Govt let autos and buses pollute environment to glory????

Rant ends... Feels good...

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 10th June 2011 at 12:33.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:49   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
NOTHING, I mean NOTHING can be farther in truth than the above statement. These numbers exist in theory. My heart pains whenever autos SPEW black venom into the environment. I feel like working out and taking the auto drivers to a sparring round.

Autos POLLUTE (* ZILLION)

Why create BS4 / BS5 (BS means some other stuff too) regulations when Govt let autos and buses pollute environment to glory????

Rant ends... Feels good...
All Autos run on LPG these days right? The ones which emit black smoke must be the autos which are not converted and still running on petrol+ kerosene (and of course, diesel autos)
Old 10th June 2011, 12:51   #96
BHPian

Hey Nano's in Srilanka have LHS OVRM. Why not in India? I think this is a tad unfair on Tata's part
Old 10th June 2011, 17:54   #97
BHPian

I don't think LHS rear view mirror has anything to do with "partiality". India also I guess only base model doesn't have that (which I agree is bad) higher models do have both ORVMs. You can see Fog lamps also fitted for Taxi. Definitely it'll be standard package with higher pricing.
Old 10th June 2011, 21:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
I don't think LHS rear view mirror has anything to do with "partiality". India also I guess only base model doesn't have that (which I agree is bad) higher models do have both ORVMs. You can see Fog lamps also fitted for Taxi. Definitely it'll be standard package with higher pricing.

Nope. Even the fully loaded nano does not have a left ORVM. Check few ownership threads for the same.
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Reviving an old thread. Saw this news in todays news paper.
Tata Nano enters Sri Lanka taxi market - The Economic Times
Attachment 557963
I hope the same wont happen in India. I do not want to Nano to loose its personality. Magic/Magic can be Taxis but not Nano, please
Tata Nano is facing opposition from Auto-rickshaw drivers in Sri Lanka, as it offers better comfort at same fares & pollutes lesser as compared to a 2-stroke auto. Here is BSM report on the same

Tata Nano gets negative response from Sri Lanka auto drivers

But the Nano Taxi operator is adamant & is looking to expand his fleet to 200 (also note that the Nano in Sri Lanka costs 3 times the price of base model in India).

Somehow, Nano is the car that every second person on plant loves to hate.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 22nd June 2011 at 17:08.
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:26   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Tata Nano is facing opposition from Auto-rickshaw drivers in Sri Lanka, as it offers better comfort at same fares & pollutes lesser as compared to a 2-stroke auto. Here is BSM report on the same
Add to that the safety aspect compared to an Auto. It will be good to have Nano taxis over autos in India too.
If you are a chennaite you might know how costly it is travel in an auto with those fleecing autowalas- Standardized Nano taxis might tunr out to be cheaper!
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:55   #101
BHPian

I would give a thumbs up to this initiative if any city in India replaces Autos with Nanos.

Autos look ugly and are too crude for a civilized world like today's. Moreover, frequent rains are not uncommon in a city like bangalore and it would be a boon for travelers to be seated in a car on those days as opposed to the half open autos.

OT, I also wish the government came up with a strong rule for metered fare that would severely penalize these drivers for charging anything more than the meter.(More than the extra money you gotto shell out, I just hate arguing with these guys).
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:16   #102
BANNED

Nano should not go to taxi/auto segment. Magic Irish is there to serve the purpose. Abusing nano like auto rikshaw will do irresistible damage to the Nano's image (which already has been let down by it's so called cheap tag).
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:58   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Nano should not go to taxi/auto segment. Magic Irish is there to serve the purpose. Abusing nano like auto rikshaw will do irresistible damage to the Nano's image (which already has been let down by it's so called cheap tag).
Totally agree, i would like to see nano as the cute car every body likes to own.Not as a Taxi. That is the exact same reason Magic Iris exists, but can any one prevent Nano from becoming a Taxi, probably not.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:26   #104
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It is amazing that Santro, Logan, Exteem, Echo, Omni M800, Accent, Indica, Indigo Marina, Indigo XL, Taxi do not damage their image, but the moment we think of a Nano as a Taxi, we feel that this will damage it's image, and would rather seem some think like a risk soft top Magic instead of the hardtop Venture.

Sorry but don't agree with the bit about a particular vehicle in Taxi form damaging it's image, else the Innova and Scorpio would not have done so well as private vehicles.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 06:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Saw the first nano Taxi in Kochi yesterday at Tripunithura. Being behind the feel and can't stop due to traffic could not click the yellow coloured cab.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks