Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 13:24   #76
BHPian

Awesome color the red one. Driver seat height adjust, the USB and finally the fog lamps are welcome additions that should have already been there. Why didnt they go ahead with the ANHC's beige interiors??! Blue looks Hyundai-ish! Now this is the red which they should be keeping as standard rather than the Habanero red. I think they should discontinue the base variant and sell the Select at that price and the X as the top variant with active and mode kits as optional. This will make things simpler. Alloys should be kept standard offering the option of silver and gun-metal finish.

Any idea whats the on road price in Mumbai??

Last edited by coolmel : 8th August 2010 at 13:26.
Old 8th August 2010, 16:22   #77
BHPian

Nice Picture Sidindica.

The Red colour looks cool with those alloys.

Since your parents also own a Jazz can we have a detailed description with comparison on earlier jazz and jazz X in Sidindica style
Old 8th August 2010, 17:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

some more pics

6 features added as compared to our jazz
  • usb port
  • gun metal alloys
  • mud flaps
  • parcel tray
  • drivers' seat height adjust
  • fog lamps (ours was part of "active kit")
cosmetic change:
  • blue coloured upholstery
  • addition of new rallye red colour
Price: Rs. 7,45,000 approx ex showroom Delhi. Otherwise mechanically and in appearance, the car is the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda to launch Jazz "X" soon. UPDATE: Now Launched !-photo0776.jpg  

Scoop: Honda to launch Jazz "X" soon. UPDATE: Now Launched !-photo0777.jpg  

Scoop: Honda to launch Jazz "X" soon. UPDATE: Now Launched !-photo0778.jpg  

Scoop: Honda to launch Jazz "X" soon. UPDATE: Now Launched !-photo0779.jpg  

Scoop: Honda to launch Jazz "X" soon. UPDATE: Now Launched !-photo0780.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 00:40   #79
BHPian

Reds looking red hot! how much price difference is that compared to the base and select variant??
Old 9th August 2010, 08:44   #80
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pics sid bhai. Red looks great on the Jazz X. Plus the gun metal alloys are meaty and compliment the car really well. The addition of driver's seat height adjust is a good news. Ditto the addition of the USB port and parcel tray. I'm really getting inclined towards getting a Jazz now.
Old 9th August 2010, 09:44   #81

Nice pics! Sid.
Jazz X looks awesome! Wish they would have atleast kept the price
closer to the original if not reduce it.
I believe that over the next few months they will reduce the original Jazz price by atleast 30 K and if dealers give additional 50 K discount, then it makes for a decent buy if not value buy.
Old 9th August 2010, 09:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

jazz base=7,11,000
jazz select =7,21,000
jazz X=7,45,000-7,50,000 est .

prices are ex showroom delhi.
Old 9th August 2010, 10:39   #83
BHPian

So the on road price in Mumbai shall be around 8.5-9. If someone does get a Jazz X, only extra fitment he will have to do is sunfilm, interior upholstery and better headlamps. Get the XM1 as standard and you got a very cool hatch!
Old 9th August 2010, 13:00   #84
BHPian

The Car & Bike Show, showed the car in yesterday's episode. The pictures which are posted here, the Gril was different in the car which was showed in the CNB Show. It had RED Inserts on the Grill.

On a whole the Car looks HOT in the New Red Color..!! with the Gun Metal Alloys.

IMO, these cosmetic changes wont help much in reviving the sagging sales of Jazz. Instead Honda should stress on Re-Working of the price factor of the car, which is the single most deterrent for Customers swaying away from the otherwise excellent & all rounder product. As in the current scenario it dosent seem to be a VFM deal, wherein the Competition is having a VFM pricing coupled with more features, for e.g. i20 (1.2 & 1.4 AT) & Grande Punto 1.4.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 9th August 2010 at 13:01.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:16   #85
BHPian

Honda have updated their website also. However following link on their site is not working.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/jazz/default.aspx
Then I tried this link
Honda Jazz and its working.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:44   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Honda have updated their website also. However following link on their site is not working.

Honda Jazz
Then I tried this link
Honda Jazz and its working.
Price of the Honda Jazz X Grade: 7.53 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)... Seems to be better.

Some update from the site..

Jazz
Honda Jazz comes with a new–age interior design, which is sophisticated and exciting with advanced functionality including a Tilt steering column for ensuring comfortable driving position for all drivers, Keyless Entry with answer back, Integrated audio equipment with MP3/ CD and Aux-in, Steering Mounted Audio Controls, Auto Volume by Speed, Magic Seats and Driver’s footrest.

Jazz
The “Select Edition” is an addition to the Jazz line–up it boasts of premium styling, spacious interiors, versatile utility and remarkable performance & fuel efficiency. The Honda Jazz becomes even more stylish and enhances its premium appeal by addition of Alloy wheels in the “Select Edition” in addition to the Jazz features. The select edition has a Rear Parcel Shelf for added customer convenience & safety of the luggage and Front & Rear mud guards.

Jazz X
Jazz X has great exterior styling, enhanced interiors and several new features added to it. It becomes even more stylish and sporty with the new blue black interiors and this sporty look is further accentuated with the addition of fog lamps & new design Alloy wheels. To tune in to your favourite music the car now comes equipped with a USB port.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 9th August 2010 at 13:47.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:10   #87
BHPian

finally its out eh! I personally prefer the front grille without that add on part. Just the honda badge in the honeycomb grille looks terrific. Also, they should have added the awesome Cerulean Blue color alongwith the red.

Gets the rear spoiler: nice addition which should be standard.
USB port: again should be standard on all 3 models. why only on the X?!
Driver seat height adjust: should be standard, why so exclusive??
Fog lamps: should be standard, again why only on the X?!

All said and done, the onroad price in Mumbai will be 8.5 easily which further keeps it away from potential buyers. Hope some discounts are offered in the coming months.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

I don't miss much

fortunately, I don't miss much as I will get the Active Kit (fog lamps/spoliers/front grill etc) and the Select kit (alloys,rear parcel tray).

Only 2 features I will miss is the -
  • USB port (can it be retro-fitted)
  • Seat height adjustment
But not worth paying 1L+ extra (with no discounts on Jazz X).

Getting the current Jazz with the Select Kit and Active Kit at a huge discount of 75K is more VFM IMHO.
Quote:
I personally prefer the front grille without that add on part. Just the honda badge in the honeycomb grille looks terrific
+1 to that. the front looks better without the body colored grill. Though I will get it in the Active Kit, I am not going to fit it in my car!

Last edited by adimicra : 9th August 2010 at 19:10.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

Horribly expensive... will meet the same fate!
Old 9th August 2010, 20:20   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Horribly expensive... will meet the same fate!
With you.
yes i love the car, i appriciate the utility,always mesmerised by its presence but .....but the price. Thats why i dint buy it for my father and it seems the dream of buying it will remain a dream untill i get a jazz x with 1.5 engine at 6 .5lakhs . Honda, you will have to be more competitive to grab my hard earned money.

Most Viewed