Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 21:17   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Well said!

Hyundai Accent is a big example, today the car is available @ Rs.4.99 lac ex -showroom ( All India price). There was a time, it was sold for Rs. 7 lac.
Damn right I bought it for nearly 7 lac OTR *plus* about 43k that the Karnataka government roadtaxed me after moving there from Mah in less than 2 years.

It's a good thing I loved that car and have so many good memories associated with it, otherwise I'd really feel that
Old 9th August 2010, 21:51   #92
BHPian

I guess Hondas laid a good foundation to now bring in the next Jazz with the 1.5 mill whenever it wishes to. That wont be soon enough.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:07   #93
Senior - BHPian

I an interview given to the Economic Times today the head of Honda India stated that Jazz has been a dissapoitment and there initial target was 2,000 cars a month.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:42   #94
Senior - BHPian

Priced at 7.53Lakh according to ACI

Honda Jazz X arrives at Rs 7.53l | Autocar India

and yes folks, this is the exact model i saw. This is the Jazz X with all its X variant options including the grill.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:19   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Priced at 7.53Lakh according to ACI

Honda Jazz X arrives at Rs 7.53l | Autocar India

and yes folks, this is the exact model i saw. This is the Jazz X with all its X variant options including the grill.
I too saw the ad for the car & the price for the car is still overpriced with whatever features offers. My first thought on seeing the ad was to hope the price was INR 6.53 lacs instead of INR 7.53 lacs.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:35   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I an interview given to the Economic Times today the head of Honda India stated that Jazz has been a dissapoitment and there initial target was 2,000 cars a month.
WOuld love to read that interview. Any links?? Glad that they are accepting it but at the same time, not doing anything!
Old 10th August 2010, 12:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
WOuld love to read that interview. Any links?? Glad that they are accepting it but at the same time, not doing anything!
Even I am very interested to see that! When the Jazz was launched, Honda has clearly said that Jazz will not be a mass seller and its sales target will be less than the City! But obviously they would have expected something like 1500-2000 and not 500!
I think it's pretty evident from the pricing of the Jazz X that the price of Jazz is not going to be reduced substantially (Otherwise, the Jazz X would be offered at the same price or may be just 5-10K higher than the existing model). The reasons can only be 2 -
  1. Honda can't reduce the price of the Jazz due to the manufacturing and engineering costs.
  2. Honda don't want to reduce the price - this looks less likely as no company would want to sell less numbers of a new car! I remember seeing an interview of the Honda boss on TV sometime back and it was very clear that he (Honda) has very high opinions of the Jazz and having used the car a little, I see where they are coming from! If I remember correctly, in some countries the Jazz with the 1.5L engine is sold at a slightly higher price than the city! Don't know how true ii is.
Now that Honda has made it clear that the price of Jazz is not going to come down, the only way forward I see is to market/advertise the car as an alternative to a entry-level Sedan like Linea/Manza etc. I believe, if marketed properly, the Jazz has a lot going for it to take on those! But the biggest hurdle in doing it is - the mindset of the Indian buyer (lambi gadi - badi gadi) can't be changed overnight, it takes time!

Last edited by adimicra : 10th August 2010 at 12:42.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:29   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Even I am very interested to see that! When the Jazz was launched, Honda has clearly said that Jazz will not be a mass seller and its sales target will be less than the City! But obviously they would have expected something like 1500-2000 and not 500!
I think it's pretty evident from the pricing of the Jazz X that the price of Jazz is not going to be reduced substantially (Otherwise, the Jazz X would be offered at the same price or may be just 5-10K higher than the existing model). The reasons can only be 2 -
  1. Honda can't reduce the price of the Jazz due to the manufacturing and engineering costs.
  2. Honda don't want to reduce the price - this looks less likely as no company would want to sell less numbers of a new car! I remember seeing an interview of the Honda boss on TV sometime back and it was very clear that he (Honda) has very high opinions of the Jazz and having used the car a little, I see where they are coming from! If I remember correctly, in some countries the Jazz with the 1.5L engine is sold at a slightly higher price than the city! Don't know how true ii is.
Now that Honda has made it clear that the price of Jazz is not going to come down, the only way forward I see is to market/advertise the car as an alternative to a entry-level Sedan like Linea/Manza etc. I believe, if marketed properly, the Jazz has a lot going for it to take on those! But the biggest hurdle in doing it is - the mindset of the Indian buyer (lambi gadi - badi gadi) can't be changed overnight, it takes time!
I second you. Simply because it comes close to the price of the sedan, the Indian mindset kicks in and there go the sales. And regd the price, I did read somewhere that the Jazz infact is costlier to make than the City. By a little margin, still! And it shows by the good quality interiors. Regd the 1.5L variant, it will come soon. But right now the 1.2 is more than enough. Only time will tell. In Europe Hondas got the Jazz and right after it is the Civic since the hatch makes up for the void left by the City. Whatever it is, its worth it. I still felt that the base variant of the Jazz will be priced less. Want them to add the Cerulean blue color. Looks smashing.

the Rallye red modulo variant available in Europe and Australia.

Last edited by coolmel : 10th August 2010 at 14:36.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

slightly off topic, can we expect this next?

http://www.autocarindia.com/news/lea...da-jazz-hybrid
Old 10th August 2010, 15:10   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
slightly off topic, can we expect this next?

http://www.autocarindia.com/news/lea...da-jazz-hybrid
No way! Honda already burned their fingers with the Civic hybrid. May take years before we see practical and reasonably priced hybrids in India.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:10   #101
Senior - BHPian

MODS can we change the heading?

i think the jazz x has been launched!
Old 10th August 2010, 17:18   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hey man, can you give any link for that interview? I could not find it? Which page is this? And this is Monday's ET..right?
Old 10th August 2010, 20:30   #103
Senior - BHPian

According to CarTradeIndia's Payal Pathak, Jazz X has already been launched:

New Honda Jazz X Grade Launched in India | CarTradeIndia.com

Quote:
"The new Honda Jazz X Grade features remodelled blue black interiors and sporty look and the new exteriors show case value added features like alloy wheels. It also features a Rear Parcel Shelf for added customer convenience & safety of the luggage and Front & Rear mud guards. It will also include Fog lamps for enhanced styling and better visibility and Driver seat height adjuster for a comfortable and smooth drive.

Honda has also introduced a new colour to the model, Rallye Red, along with its existing line of colours - Tafetta White, Alabaster Silver, Crystal Black Pearl, Sherbet Blue and Deep Sapphire Blue. The model is priced at Rs. 7.53 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)."

Sid! Review, please
Old 10th August 2010, 20:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

Honda has done a big blunder here by not specifying the use of front and rear mud guards while doing the same for the fog lamps, parcel shelf etc. How will customers know then?
Old 10th August 2010, 20:40   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Sid! Review, please
its the same jazz mechanically to drive as that of mine, plus GTO's review is already there. Its just an additional variant with some additional features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Honda has done a big blunder here by not specifying the use of front and rear mud guards while doing the same for the fog lamps, parcel shelf etc. How will customers know then?
Is mud flaps really a thing to advertise?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks