Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 22:27   #151
GSM
BHPian

re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

@ Abhi, and @ VB-San, why should a discussion on expectations on certain features sound "finicky"? What else are we supposed to discuss then? You can't really discuss "expectations" after the car has been launched, right?

I just wish Skoda to launch with certain features which are good enough at that price point. One among which is a proper steering, rather than the Play Station type ones. And as everybody has suggested, its pricing will definitely be lower than the Vento. On the design front, like most of the Skoda's, you will start liking them only over a period of time, and not immediately.
Old 13th May 2011, 22:55   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This is extremely disappointing. But somehow, I am not surprised.

How hard is it for a company to design something different from the hatch sibling that its based on? Fiat did it with the Linea, so why can't Skoda?
Maruti din't do it, VW din't want to do it, Tata din't even think of doing it, even Ford is not doing it. So its not much of a disappointment, but after the Vision D front end speculation and renderings, its really disappointing noe
Old 16th May 2011, 01:09   #153
BHPian

Probably it would be like the Vento put into a Skoda mould, which will must feature;
-Prominent Central V-crease on bonnet.
-Eye-lash styled Head-lamps with sharp corners & typical Laura, Superb, Yeti like grille.
-Massive sharp fog-lamps.
-Opposing C-styled tail-lamps.
But what'll be interesting to watch is its build quality, as this Polo/Vento on which its going to be based are somehow lacking the German-touch in their build quality.
Ownership costs are the another issue, also hope it'll get somewhat of the Driving magic from its elder cousin-Laura.
Old 16th May 2011, 07:55   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Here is a picture people!!
I wouldn't comment until I see the final version. The side looks identical vento. The front is NOT having fabia headlights but its longer and slimmer, though the fog lights look similar. And to clear the doubt, its NOT a Fabia sedan (fabia plus dikki). Its based on the vento platform for developing countries and expect it to be priced competitively, or should we say, cheaper than a vento.

Last edited by sidindica : 16th May 2011 at 07:56.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:02   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I wouldn't comment until I see the final version. The side looks identical vento. The front is NOT having fabia headlights but its longer and slimmer, though the fog lights look similar. And to clear the doubt, its NOT a Fabia sedan (fabia plus dikki). Its based on the vento platform for developing countries and expect it to be priced competitively, or should we say, cheaper than a vento.
@Siddy: Any inside news buddy? Any idea on whether this will be carved out of a Fabia shape (headlights etc., not the platform) or otherwise. Any chances of this being based on Vision D concept?
Old 27th May 2011, 17:36   #156
Senior - BHPian

OD has scooped a sighting of the Rapid in Pune:

Skoda’s Fabia sedan, Rapid, spied! - Skoda Rapid spotted testing - News : Overdrive

As per the report it is heavily based on the Vento & will be priced little lower than its VW cousin (for the base). I bet there could be another (higher) model, which will fill gap in Vento line-up due to absence of Confortline model.
CARDEEP is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 21:54   #157
Senior - BHPian

So i guess the interiors would be more like a Vento than a Fabia,because from the front grille backwards it looks exactly like a Vento.

That too not a Vision D inspired front nose,but a Fabia one.Lazy Skoda people!
Old 28th May 2011, 01:01   #158
Senior - BHPian

Looks typically Skoda and i hate the front grill treatment. I feel the VW will remain the car of chice.
Old 28th May 2011, 01:46   #159
BHPian

Externally It looks more of like Fabia-ised Vento i.e: A Vento with Fabia's styling cues like front(confirmed from the lower Air-dam of bumper & sill at the Chin-section of the bumper) with some what altered Rear door-Quarter glass section(seems to be designed like Octavia/Laura's).
At Rear, For sure its Tail-lamps would be exactly similar to the Laura's(opposing C-alphabet styled) ones.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:06   #160
mxx
BHPian

few more spy pics in overdrive website

Skoda’s Fabia sedan, Rapid, spied!: Photos : Overdrive
Old 1st June 2011, 20:03   #161
Senior - BHPian

Yuck ! the low, curved face of the Fabia with the straight lines of the Vento, JUST DON'T GEL ! Skoda, now is your best chance to rush back to the drawing board, else..
Old 1st June 2011, 21:14   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

The OD article says the Rapid is codenamed VW251 which is incorrect. It's actually SK251.

VW251 is the Vento
Old 17th June 2011, 08:27   #163
Team-BHP Support

One of the Malayalam website has reported that Skoda may launch the new car with the name Felicia, instead of Rapid. According to their global website, the Skoda Felicia was the first all-new model that was developed after the link-up between Skoda and the VW group. And the production of the said model stopped in 2001.

Not sure how true the news is, but this looks more aligned to Skoda’s naming style

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th June 2011 at 08:28. Reason: underlined the name
Old 17th June 2011, 14:16   #164
Senior - BHPian

^^Initially, it was thought that the Felicia would be the Octi replacement. However, the Felicia looks completely different to what the speculated "Rapid" looks like.

EDIT: OT. Did anyone realise, a slight spelling mistake in "Felicia", changes the meaning entirely :P.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 17th June 2011 at 14:17.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:46   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Felicia is the smaller sedan, to compete with Etios/Brio (when it launches). No plans to launch it as of now I guess.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks