Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 11:31   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

Guys,

Are you guys sure the name is Lauretta...
The carwale says the name is Laurette.

Frankly compared to Lauretta the name Laurette seems OK to me. Here is the link
Skoda Laurette in India - Launch Date: Late 2011 - Upcoming Car - CarWale
Old 6th September 2011, 11:35   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Sir while you may be correct, i dont think the spy shots of the Lauretta and the renderings look anything like the concept being shown at Frankfurt.
This month's ACI has spy shots of Lauretta(Not the rendering but actual shots).

I feel this concept car is to showcase the new design language and to gauge the response.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:56   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Octavia III(Next Laura) will be based on next gen VW Golf, which will be released only after the new Golf comes out.
Didn't get it! With the new Jetta out, isn't the next Octavia/Laura in order?

Any idea how Vision D became Mission L, or are the two different!
Old 6th September 2011, 12:01   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post

Any idea how Vision D became Mission L, or are the two different!

Hahah.. yes. Its almost like the Vision D has become Mission L ? Skoda has really confused us all with the Global Octavia being called the Laura in India and with the upcoming generation of the car called the Octavia once again when its launched in 2012.
Old 6th September 2011, 12:06   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
This month's ACI has spy shots of Lauretta(Not the rendering but actual shots).

I feel this concept car is to showcase the new design language and to gauge the response.
+1. Its a concept car slated for worldwide release in 2013. Some more details here:
Skoda reveals Volkswagen Golf rival
Old 6th September 2011, 12:36   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
The current new Jetta is not a Golf with boot unlike the last gen but the next Laura will be based heavily on Golf. Next gen Laura (Octavia 3) will come only after next gen Golf. Hope this clarifies
Old 6th September 2011, 14:38   #247
BHPian

Skoda Lauretta caught testing

Caught a glimpse of something different on the way to work & decided to click it. Looked familiar but different at the same time. Couldn't get the front view! Not sure if this is the same model being discussed! Although, the rear tail lamps (Brake lamps design) looks the same as posted in the first post.

Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011-p060911_10.29.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th September 2011 at 21:57. Reason: Watermarked the pics. Thanks for sharing.
mb_jg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 22:02   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

mb_jg, This car is upcoming Skoda Lauretta, which is being discussed here. Even the registration no. is similar to the spy pics in ACI. Thanks for sharing the pic
Old 6th September 2011, 22:38   #249
Senior - BHPian

This is the first time we are getting to see the rear profile of this car, it resembles the vento very much. I was expecting it to be a little different being a skoda. To me putting all the pieces together, it simply looks like a vento with the face of fabia and nothing else apart from that. Disappointing if its true.
Old 6th September 2011, 23:01   #250
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Lauretta caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Caught a glimpse of something different on the way to work & decided to click it. Looked familiar but different at the same time. Couldn't get the front view! Not sure if this is the same model being discussed! Although, the rear tail lamps (Brake lamps design) looks the same as posted in the first post.

Attachment 605182
It couldn't look more like the Vento now, could it?

Only the brake lights seem to be slightly different. Not the entire unit. Just the way the lights are placed. Almost reminds me of the Laura's units. I assume the front is going to carry 90% of the Fabia's face.

Very disappointing. Skoda could have put in more effort and designed something substantial and diferent, instead of a hotch-potch lick-n'-stick job.
Old 6th September 2011, 23:04   #251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

Are they going to launch Lauretta with VW badge at the rear?
I am quite surprised to see the VW Badge. Is this really the Skoda Lauretta that is being tested?
Old 6th September 2011, 23:22   #252
Senior - BHPian

Re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Are they going to launch Lauretta with VW badge at the rear?
I am quite surprised to see the VW Badge. Is this really the Skoda Lauretta that is being tested?
Thats VW latest strategy to fool the scoop masters. Remember when VENTO scoop pics came out everyne thought its Ford's new Fiesta.
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 10:22   #253
BHPian

The advantages that the VW Vento has is 1. a good high torque diesel engine, 2. comfortable rear seat space.
The disadvantages are its 1. plain Jane interiors 2. less features and 3. understated exteriors. NOW the Skodas (the recent ones) are known for their interiors and tend to come with all the latest gadgetary. So i hope the Lauretta comes with the best of both worlds.

Last edited by rxpaul : 7th September 2011 at 10:47.
rxpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 11:56   #254
Senior - BHPian

Today's chennai edition of the hindu carries an article on the new skoda lauretta under launchpad section(ACI article). Changes in the exterior includes the front profile (fabia face) and the article also mentions changes to the rear side. I now think, the changes in the rear have been well masked in the above picture to hide the changes and give the impression that it nothing but the vento.

Changes in the interior includes the steering wheel from skoda, new music system with aux-in, USB etc. The article also mentions the possibility of an automatic tranny in the diesel version...

I found only the above points noteworthy of mention here.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:21   #255
BHPian

Also, the Hindu says it will be cheaper than the Vento.

Lets wait and see.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks