Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 22:02   #301
BHPian

Re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

Mission L / Rapid / Lauretta all are one car. It cannot be two cars. It has to be one and the same.
Old 16th September 2011, 22:14   #302
BHPian

Re: Octavia replacement to be based on the VW Vento! Edit: It will be called Lauretta

From what I understand, the pics of the Lauretta (or whatever will be called) are there in the latest issue of Autocar India. Those are actual pictures and not computer generated images. So what the car looks like is no longer a secret. I am keen to know what they name it eventually!
Old 17th September 2011, 20:00   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
I don't think two cars are expected. I think what everyone's thinking is Lauretta/Rapid is the production version of MissionL concept. Atleast that's what I am thinking.
I agree with drive, only one car the production version of mission L called lauretta / rapid or anything else they want to call will be launched.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:18   #304
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Looks like the mission L thingy has confused everyone of you here.

Upcoming car is skoda rapid, picture is as posted in ACI/this thread earlier. Nothing more apart from that. There have been quite a few with know how of internal operations who have confirmed on this thread.

You may not accept/realize it at this time, but will do so very soon.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:55   #305
BHPian

Guys , the New SKODA Sedan based on vento platform will be called as RAPID deliveries will begin mid November expect unveiling of the car by this weekend .
Old 4th October 2011, 16:43   #306
Senior - BHPian

I too read somewhere the launch is on 7th Oct. Is this news confirmed f@lcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Guys , the New SKODA Sedan based on vento platform will be called as RAPID deliveries will begin mid November expect unveiling of the car by this weekend .
Old 4th October 2011, 17:28   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Actually 7th Oct is not a launch for Public but it's a "Start of Production" private event for company only.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:42   #308
BHPian

Skoda Rapid caught with no camouflage
IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011-skodarapid.jpg  

Old 4th October 2011, 18:16   #309
BHPian

wow looks like vent has got some competition now
Berj79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 20:35   #310
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nicky, any idea on the public launch dates? From the looks of it in the picture above, its going to be a challenge differentiating the vento from its skoda cousin. Side profile and rear profile are very similar with the exception of alloys.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:19   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Unveiling of the car by this weekend is confirmed by top sources.Prices of the car might be later.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:20   #312
BHPian

I wonder if this C segment entry as well as the new Skoda hatch based on VW Up will increase the incentive for the dealers and service stations to pull up their acts. The higher volume predicted for both these cars would hopefully keep the Skoda horror stories, a thing of past!
And also make the decision of buying a Laura/Superb/Yeti, a confidence inspiring one and not a gamble.
Old 5th October 2011, 04:50   #313
BHPian

The side profile is similar to Vento. Front and Back gets some cosmetic changes. It will be interesting to see the pricing strategy compared to Vento. It has to be lesser than Vento.
Old 5th October 2011, 07:28   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
I wonder if this C segment entry as well as the new Skoda hatch based on VW Up will increase the incentive for the dealers and service stations to pull up their acts. The higher volume predicted for both these cars would hopefully keep the Skoda horror stories, a thing of past!
Or will it just speed up the mess with larger volumes coming in with this car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
wow looks like vent has got some competition now
In house competition essentially to divide and take a larger segment of the overall pie.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:07   #315
BHPian

Like I had earlier mentioned the Lauretta/ Rapid is the Vento cousin and will be launched this month.
The MissionL is a completely different car, bigger than the Lauretta/Rapid/ Vento and will be launched only in the second half of 2012. The MissionL is the replacement for the Octavia and might be badged the same.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks