Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 02:24   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011

It looks like they've just changed the Front bumper, bonnet, boot lid and head/tail lights from the Vento to make the Rapide. That's it - at least externally. Everything else including the mirrors are exactly the same.

That's not to say that I don't like it. I like the lines of the Vento, but prefer the uncluttered look of the Vento's nose and boot lid.

However, if they're offering better value (read cheaper) for an almost identical car, then I'm not going to be the one complaining! Quality interiors, ACC and auto up/down on all windows along with ABS/Airbags at close to 10L on road for the diesel?
Old 11th October 2011, 16:59   #362
BHPian

re: Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011

Source: ACI

The interiors of the rapid is way to similar to the vento!

Apart from the Vento, the Rapid will also compete with the likes of the Toyota Etios and Maruti Swift Dzire at the lower end while with the Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Fiat Linea on the upper end of the segment. Expect a competitive price and a strong sales push from Skoda.

The Rapid will be available for sale this November.

Do you think this is the next hit?
Attached Images

Y@SH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 17:24   #363
Team-BHP Support

If it's cheaper than the Vento then it's a good buy.

Just wondering if one can buy the Rapid and then go to VW for service. Just tell VW guys to ignore the badge.

Atleast the VW guys won't flick parts like Skoda.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:41   #364
BHPian

looks like no audio control on the steering, hope we get automatic transmission on diesel.
Old 11th October 2011, 18:42   #365
BHPian

@CRV2010
We wont get the Auto box on diesel we might get it only on petrol
@Vid6639
It will be cheaper than Vento by around 30k+ according to Siddharth (NDTV)

Hi guys
Here is picture of the rapid's tail lights
Source:Taken on sets of CNB show as i was a part of it
pictures taken by Kashish sharma
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011-rapid-rear.jpg  

Old 11th October 2011, 19:26   #366
Senior - BHPian

Oh no, I was thinking atleast the interior would be different than the vento and I'm badly mistaken. It's ditto the vento, except the skoda steering and a different music system. I dont think rest of the interiors are going to be any different either, there could be no way this can have more interior space than the vento as even the seats look absolutely similar!

Atleast skoda can offer this is some good exterior shades compared to VW, whose colour choices are boring to say the least.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:30   #367
Senior - BHPian

Good buy since it would be priced lower than the Vento , an even more value for money offering if we can get some steering mounted controls etc. I think the image shows an arm rest as well which would be nice to have.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:32   #368
Senior - BHPian

I didn't understand why cant skoda design a better steering wheel, instead they just copied and pasted the fabia wheel. It looks so medieval era and stands out like a sore thumb. The music system is the same 310 as the vento with a skoda name inscribed on it.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:42   #369
BHPian

Good one Vid!

Such a facepalm moment for me. It's like I am looking at Vento with Skoda's steering. It took them 1.5 years for this rebadging. I am disappointed, atleast different interiors Skoda!
Old 11th October 2011, 21:46   #370
Senior - BHPian

What I don't understand is how Skoda is calling this the benchmark in interior space in the segment when the interiors are ditto Vento? Did they just hollow out the seat backs to clear more space?
Old 11th October 2011, 22:10   #371
BHPian

got a call a few days back from a dealer in mumbai. according to him the Skoda Lauretta (Rapid) will be launched next month and also with the AT version.
Old 11th October 2011, 22:45   #372
vcx
BHPian

Interesting, Rapide could cannibalize Vento sales too, considering ditto interiors ,more space and engines...
Old 12th October 2011, 04:42   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Oh no, I was thinking atleast the interior would be different than the vento and I'm badly mistaken. It's ditto the vento, except the skoda steering and a different music system. I dont think rest of the interiors are going to be any different either, there could be no way this can have more interior space than the vento as even the seats look absolutely similar!

Atleast skoda can offer this is some good exterior shades compared to VW, whose colour choices are boring to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Interesting, Rapide could cannibalize Vento sales too, considering ditto interiors ,more space and engines...
+1. The interiors are just copy paste from Vento. If the engine and other specs are similar then wonder why someone will buy a costlier Vento.
Also, both the cars will be manufactured at the VW Chakan facility.
Old 12th October 2011, 10:21   #374
Senior - BHPian

Interesting , if they mate the engine to a decent auto box then it might turn out to be quite a substantial advantage given that it will be less costly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
will be launched next month and also with the AT version.
Old 12th October 2011, 11:24   #375
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid is either Launching tomorrow or day after in Goa. This is based on what a dealer had to say (needs to be confirmed), he was on his way to Goa today!!

Goan Bhpians, keep a look out.

Last edited by deky : 12th October 2011 at 11:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed