Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 18:17   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
No news yet. The 2010 model booked in cbe is expected in mid August. Will definitely keep you all posted when I get any related news.

Hope FIAT won't disappoint anyone by delaying...
Many thanks H14. Delay also could be sweet in my opinion. Shelving the project could get very very disappointing for many like me. Hope we all get our Palios!
Old 9th August 2010, 19:13   #197
BHPian

I'd been to Prerana this weekend to submit the documents required for loan processing and the sales guy informed the offer is still going on. He isn't sure when Fiat would ask them to stop taking any fresh bookings. Though he could not give me the exact dates for the delivery, he said I should get the car sometime during mid September.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:28   #198
Senior - BHPian

@SilkDrive, I did not bargain for any additional discounts or freebies because my first priority was not to miss the offer, which itself has 1L discount plus freebies worth about 20K I guess. Moreover I am bad at haggling and did not want to do it given that nobody here seemed to have got anything above the scheme price! I did however seek clarification on road tax calculation. Even inquired at another dealer who had quoted lesser whether he could assure me about the OTR price, but he didn't. (Should have booked there in the first place, but he could not confirm whether bookings were still on at that time or not! )

Here are a couple of links about LTT rules of RTO, particularly Bangalore.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-vehicle.html
Transport Department (RTO Services -> Fees, Taxes & Fine -> Taxation Schedule (page 10))

Last edited by santosh.s : 9th August 2010 at 20:30.
Old 10th August 2010, 01:22   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
When i asked about the delivery date he said minimum end of October
manikjeet, Is your dealer still accepting bookings. If yes could you let me have the contact person's name and number etc.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:57   #200
Senior - BHPian

@khoj
i booked the car with joshi autozone i dont remember the name of the person but i have his card at home i will pm you asap

Tata Motors and Fiat Dealership

Showroom & Workshop – 84-85, Industrial Area Phase – II, Chandigarh
Phone – 0172-5050000
email – info@joshiautozone.com
Old 10th August 2010, 20:44   #201
Senior - BHPian

BHPian mrohit17 brother in law Prashanth Mishra has booked a Palio Stile 1.3 SDX from Prerana motors today.
Old 11th August 2010, 13:38   #202
BHPian

Quote:
No news yet. The 2010 model booked in cbe is expected in mid August. Will definitely keep you all posted when I get any related news.

Hope FIAT won't disappoint anyone by delaying...
h14,I just spoke to TAFE ACCESS Coimbatore.He has given me an on-road price of 4.5L for the Palio-sdx model and delivery in Sep'10.What was the price you were offered?Im curious as i am planning to book one.
Thanks
Sam
Old 11th August 2010, 14:41   #203
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
h14,I just spoke to TAFE ACCESS Coimbatore.He has given me an on-road price of 4.5L for the Palio-sdx model and delivery in Sep'10.What was the price you were offered?Im curious as i am planning to book one.
Thanks
Sam
Sam, we had booked 6nos of 2008 and 2 nos of 2009. Got delivery of all except one 2009 model as FIAT claimed it to be defective and instead offered a 2010 with an additional discount. Not sure of how much it is. But as far as I heard the price should be less that 4.3L. Please do check with the newly appointed dealer in Coimbatore, GEM Motors. You can contact Mr.Vadivel 9994357229. Good guy, he was earlier in Tafe when we got our cars, but now has moved to GEM with few others. Do check out with him.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:27   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Sam, we had booked 6nos of 2008 and 2 nos of 2009. Got delivery of all except one 2009 model as FIAT claimed it to be defective and instead offered a 2010 with an additional discount. Not sure of how much it is. But as far as I heard the price should be less that 4.3L. Please do check with the newly appointed dealer in Coimbatore, GEM Motors. You can contact Mr.Vadivel 9994357229. Good guy, he was earlier in Tafe when we got our cars, but now has moved to GEM with few others. Do check out with him.
Thanks for the info h14,I went to Concorde motors in velchery,chennai.The sales lady was least interested and was pushing me for the new punto 90hp.I insisted that i am interested only in the palio.She then gets back to me saying that we can take a booking,but cant promise delivery cos of the limited no;s in production.

I believ only SDX model is available in MJD.

Are all versions in petrol available?
Old 11th August 2010, 18:59   #205
h14
BHPian

No, not all models are available. Only 1.1 SLX and 1.3 SDX are available.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:22   #206
Senior - BHPian

Received this communication by email from the dealereship (Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore):

Dear Mr.Karthik,

Greetings!!!

We have received communication from FIAT that further booking of palio's has been ceased.
We no longer take bookings for Palio from today onwards.
This is for your information kindly pass this information to all your club members.

We can still offer you good prices on the EURO III punto's.

Kindly get back to me in case of any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Old 16th August 2010, 16:24   #207
Senior - BHPian

i just got news that people are been asked to look for some other car from tata or fiat stable

i called my dealer and he said he would call me in an hour
Old 16th August 2010, 16:31   #208
Senior - BHPian

@Manikjeet: Could you be more specific? Since bookings has closed, are they suggesting some other car or you meant to say people who have booked are being offered to look for some other car?

I heard from a friend who had a casual interaction with the Fiat Southern region head. It was said that the idea of the Palio 2010 came to Fiat as Fiat India had surplus parts left and wanted to use it. Now, they seems to be some shortfall of parts from vendors and Fiat is skeptical about the manufacturing. They considered giving a Punto instead. The cost difference being too high, it was scrapped. So it is still undecided whether they would manufacture it or not. At now, there is a 20% chance that it would be manufactured.

I surely am dejected. I know many of you also would feel the same. All I can say is, lets keep hop for some more time.

Last edited by funkykar : 16th August 2010 at 16:38.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:44   #209
Senior - BHPian

the person who gave this news spoke to Regional manager of TATA FIAT Mr.Narendar Tripathi.
and he said
I spoke to Tata Fiat and understand that the possibility of getting the
car delivered is remote. I was told to look out for other options within
tata fiat or cancellation.
now if its true i am going to drag the dealer and tata Fiat to the consumer court asap
Old 16th August 2010, 16:56   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
the person who gave this news spoke to Regional manager of TATA FIAT Mr.Narendar Tripathi.
and he said
I spoke to Tata Fiat and understand that the possibility of getting the
car delivered is remote. I was told to look out for other options within
tata fiat or cancellation.
now if its true i am going to drag the dealer and tata Fiat to the consumer court asap
Yes yes, Arun1100 got this information from the Regional Manager. My heart is broken now

How would going to consumer court help anyways if the car is not delivered?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks