Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 16:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Yes yes, Arun1100 got this information from the Regional Manager. My heart is broken now

How would going to consumer court help anyways if the car is not delivered?
don't know but will have pleasure of knowing i had done something

me going to my dealer
Old 16th August 2010, 17:11   #212
Senior - BHPian

my wife is going to be so happy to hear this, she was damn against an already discontinued car for which she can no way expect any 'wow' remark !
Old 16th August 2010, 17:37   #213
BHPian

Well, me and my fiance were keenly looking forward to this and I am really disheartened on this update.

Incidentally, I talked to the sales manager of my dealer, as well, this morning and he said he has not received any news yet. He also said that he would possibly be able to provide me some updates by friday or saturday.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 16th August 2010 at 17:42.
Old 16th August 2010, 18:07   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Well, me and my fiance were keenly looking forward to this and I am really disheartened on this update.

Incidentally, I talked to the sales manager of my dealer, as well, this morning and he said he has not received any news yet. He also said that he would possibly be able to provide me some updates by friday or saturday.

Exactly same feeling here! I havent yet told my fiancee about this. She sould surely be very dejected when she comes to know. I would only tell her when the communication is official and not specculations.

@SilkDrive: Please keep the forum updated with any new information you get.

I am still hoping Fiat would deliver the car.
Old 16th August 2010, 18:57   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly same feeling here! I havent yet told my fiancee about this. She sould surely be very dejected when she comes to know. I would only tell her when the communication is official and not specculations.

@SilkDrive: Please keep the forum updated with any new information you get.

I am still hoping Fiat would deliver the car.
Same here... Even I have not told my fiance. I hate such uncomfortable situations. I called up the sales manager again with this update. He said that he has spoken to his Regional Manager today and has heard the same thing. But he was also advised not to disclose anything to the potential customers until Friday or Saturday, until a confirmed official decision is made. Keeping my fingers crossed till then. Will surely update whatever i come across regarding this.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:12   #216
BHPian

This is extremely sad news

But we may still have some hope! I spoke to my dealer's divisional manager for FIAT and he said that he had been to the Ranjangaon plant on Friday and had seen 50-60 Palios which were almost ready except 2-3 components which were getting delayed from the vendors. Now I asked him specifically whether the cars were painted in Punto colors and the answer was yes!

He said that they have stopped taking booking from today morning as per communication from FIAT and will be given a clearer picture regarding the delivery dates by Monday. He was categorical in stating that he has not heard anything from FIAT regarding non delivery of the cars.

Hope that FIAT does not dissapoint us. And in the worst case scenario if they scrap the whole thing I'm sure that the FIAT India boffins are doing a Phd project on "How to alienate customers in India" and we were just guinea pigs for the same

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 16th August 2010 at 19:13.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:19   #217
Senior - BHPian

what about those who were to get chassis/engine number, any update?
Old 16th August 2010, 19:57   #218
Senior - BHPian

my dealer just confirmed it and he said that fiat is going to give some kind of offer now he will confirm it tomorrow

me heart broken
Old 16th August 2010, 22:00   #219
Senior - BHPian

This is such a disappointment for all of us here. Its terrible for those like some of us who are shortly getting married. I am sure each one has a small dream of owning this beauty. I feel pretty depressed. Anyways, I had a pessimistic stand all the way thinking I would be lucky if Fiat makes the car.

Now if the idea is really scrapped, I really hope Fiat India comes up with a suitable offer to all those who have fondly booked. It could spell a disaster for themselves if they screw this up from this point. They are already in deep waters when it comes to customer service and A.S.S. If there is one thing they shouldnt forget, it is that the offer was mainly for Fiat loyalists. Assuming 1000 bookings were done and these thousand discussed with atleast 6-7 guys, and if Fiat disappoints, its going to do no good for themselves.

I still have hopes that we get the cars. If not, I feel Fiat should atleast at a minimum extend this offer to any Fiat/Tata cars. Offer in the sense, a similar % discount that was offered on Palio. I may not opt for one (since I have to think all over again and then decide), I atleast wouldnt be unhappy with Fiat.

But ultimately, only a Palio can make me happy!

Last edited by funkykar : 16th August 2010 at 22:01.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:47   #220
BHPian

Quote:
This is such a disappointment for all of us here. Its terrible for those like some of us who are shortly getting married. I am sure each one has a small dream of owning this beauty. I feel pretty depressed. Anyways, I had a pessimistic stand all the way thinking I would be lucky if Fiat makes the car.

Now if the idea is really scrapped, I really hope Fiat India comes up with a suitable offer to all those who have fondly booked. It could spell a disaster for themselves if they screw this up from this point. They are already in deep waters when it comes to customer service and A.S.S. If there is one thing they shouldnt forget, it is that the offer was mainly for Fiat loyalists. Assuming 1000 bookings were done and these thousand discussed with atleast 6-7 guys, and if Fiat disappoints, its going to do no good for themselves.

I still have hopes that we get the cars. If not, I feel Fiat should atleast at a minimum extend this offer to any Fiat/Tata cars. Offer in the sense, a similar % discount that was offered on Palio. I may not opt for one (since I have to think all over again and then decide), I atleast wouldnt be unhappy with Fiat.

But ultimately, only a Palio can make me happy!
Hi Funkykar

Sorry to hear about this new change. Hope FIAT doesn't disappoint loyalist.

Hope they offer a reasonable recourse

Regards

Sateesh
Old 17th August 2010, 13:09   #221
BHPian

Urgent SOS: If anyone knows where I can get a clutch kit (clutch plate,pressure plate and release bearing) for a Palio Stile Multijet SDX in Pune (preferably) or Mumbai please PM me!
I could not get an answer from BUB and Pandit Auto.
Old 17th August 2010, 16:09   #222
Senior - BHPian

any update
i talked to my dealer today morning and he isn't sure of anything and has asked me to come back after 2 to 3 months to ask about the car and has advise me to forget about it

i called the toll free number and the lady on the phone also didn't know anything at all

i am totally depressed now

Can anybody help us
MOD can you talk to someone at Fiat and give some answer
Old 17th August 2010, 16:13   #223
Senior - BHPian

^ Lets just calm down for a couple of weeks and wait for some kind of official verdict from them. I spoke to the Fiat Sales Head of Prerana Motors Bangalore about all the information that is lurking around. He said he will check with anyone from Fiat and get back to me in a day's time. Since me, my couple of friends and a few TeamBHPians have booked from their dealership, he would surely get some information as I have a very good rapport with him.

Lets hope we arent left in troubled waters.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:35   #224
BHPian

Good News

Hey guys,

I and my colleague had been to Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle) today to enquire about the Palio offer. The sales person said the bookings are still open. My colleague is booking his car tomorrow as he was not carrying enough dough. Booking amount is fixed (50k).

The delivery of the car will be max 3 months from date of booking.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:38   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hey guys,

I and my colleague had been to Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle) today to enquire about the Palio offer. The sales person said the bookings are still open. My colleague is booking his car tomorrow as he was not carrying enough dough. Booking amount is fixed (50k).

The delivery of the car will be max 3 months from date of booking.
I guess you did not read the thread fully/properly. Please read the last couple of pages to get the real jist of what is happening. If you already have, all we can do is wish you good luck.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks