Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 18:52   #241
BHPian

Silkdrive, This is great news

Just spoke to the Fiat Sales head in Prerana and he said that he will provide me a detailed update on Wednesday.
Old 22nd August 2010, 15:18   #242
Senior - BHPian

Update i got a very stupid update from my dealer that Palio delivery are getting delayed due non availability of power steering and they have no specific time frame for the delivery of the car now

Last edited by manikjeet : 22nd August 2010 at 15:19.
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:30   #243
Senior - BHPian

Update again the dealer has asked me to cancel the booking as he has no hope of getting the car all i have to say is WELL DONE FIAT
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:19   #244
BHPian

^^ I fail to understand what is going on. I got a call from fiat CRM's office about my booking and was told that the cars will be delivered. But upon questioning the dealership, they keep promising some concrete info in 2-3 days time... which sadly never happens. I keep calling them after these intervals only to get fresh fake promises.

This is really disappointing and I am sure if this is messed up, i am going to refrain myself from getting the punto,as i had planned earlier, and save myself from such headaches.
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:46   #245
BHPian

OMG!? I fail to understand why the dealer has asked you to cancel the booking. Has anyone from chennai successfully gone through with this deal?
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:55   #246
Senior - BHPian

^^ I guess we just need to give ourselves somemore time until we get official communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Update i got a very stupid update from my dealer that Palio delivery are getting delayed due non availability of power steering and they have no specific time frame for the delivery of the car now
I dont mind getting a Palio without PS but should have atleast steering
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:06   #247
Senior - BHPian

It has been officially communicated to all the dealers and they have asked the dealer to return the money or just transfer the money to any other car in Tata Fiat car booking

I am going to cancel my booking and I am definitely going in for a Ford Figo tcdi

i have enough of tata fiat for one life and i sincerely advise all fellow bhpian boycotting tata fiat
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:13   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I am going to cancel my booking and I am definitely going in for a Ford Figo tcdi
Serves them right, unfortunately, they won't learn. Why try to even offer such a deal that they clearly couldn't fulfill?
The Figo is a great car, don't feel too sad about the Palio, sometimes these things turn out to be blessings in disguise.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:29   #249
Senior - BHPian

Phew! Looks like the last nail in the coffin?

I havent heard back from the dealership yet, but may hear the same news! I may not upgrade to Punto/Linea as my budget wouldnt be able to get me one. If they offer a similad discount on Punto, I may consider. If not, I too may consider a diesel Figo. Time to research on how good it is. As for starters, compared to all the diesel powered Fiat engines, Figo lacks the power a bit. Figo + some box like the pete's may help.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:10   #250
BHPian

I was decided on a Punto MJD Active before this offer. This offer was giving me a lot of financial convenience at this time, since I am getting married soon and have a lot of other upcoming expenses to take care of. Getting back to that budget is not easy anymore, so i ve decided to wait another 3 months, till I am done with everything else.

But, I am sure that I am not going for another fiat car and Punto is flushed off my list. I was reading comparisons between Figo TDCI and Swift DDIS, on this forum. From the discussions, it is quite obvious that Figo is a better all-rounder and a lot more convenient than any other hatch in the country, today. But there are instances in those threads where people have spoken loads in favour of Figo and voted for it... but ended up buying the Swift. Reason : heart ruled over head.

We were attempting to get ourselves a Palio, ispite of it being phased out, spares and A.S.S being a major concern. That itself was a decision from the heart, i would say. So for people like us, who like to have cars that appeal to their hearts, I presume Swift is the way to go. I am already more inclined towards the swift than the Figo.

Me or my family had never owned a car before, and owning one was a childhood dream of mine. When i was a kid, I had given myself a deadline of owning a car atleast before I got married. Now, since I have already sucked in that , I am ready to hold my patience a bit longer, in case some definite news of the New Swift launch date comes up.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 23rd August 2010 at 11:13.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:20   #251
BHPian

Can fiat plumb greater depths of dishonesty than this?
What a colossal mismanagement!! If you can't deliver, why promise?!
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:32   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

This is sounding bad. I read this thread after many days.

I almost booked a palio multijet against my family members' wishes.
Till now I was feeling bad that I missed a good car. If i had booked a palio, By now my family members would've got much more to say.

I was considering the Punto, but now my heart is beating for swift.

Wishing for all BHPians who have booked this, to get their pack of joy.

Oh man! buying a new car is so confusing and complicated.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:42   #253
BHPian

Dear Manikjeet & others- Please understand we are talking about an item which is on its phaseout. Moreover, some shots called by a competitor having controlling interest having similar product line. This is bound to happen. But yes FIAT is geting back, the attitude of the officials starting from top is to help, have personally seen this. Would suggest get a clarification from the company. We have read stories where dealers have down played FIAT products.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:44   #254

I've booked a Black SLX in this deal, and I've not yet got confirmation on the delivery date of the car. Tentative is mid-Sep. I'm hoping they wouldn't mess up this time again like they did with Uno long time back.
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:17   #255
Senior - BHPian

they have messed it up my dealers sale manager worked for Fiat some time back and he has confirmed it from his source in the factory that NO ONE WILL GET A 2010 MANUFACTURED PALIO BE IT PETROL OR DIESEL they project is over

PS I HATE FIAT
PPS please bhpian get your money back asap its a 3-5 day process
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks