Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 21:50   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerendra.kiran View Post
@ funkykar, I think the offer is nationwide, rather than pertaining to Prerana. I believe the original communication is from Fiat, which has been circulated to customers by the dealers.

I understand that Fiat needs to confirm the allotments for 46, which I was told would be according to the booking dates punched in by the dealers. If I remember correctly, u booked ahead of me. So, if I get it, you get it too. I am expecting more information/confirmation in the 1st week of Sep. Fingers crossed till then.

Its good to know that this is nation wide.

I dont really think me and you stand a chance in the first 46 until and unless it is done on a lucky dip basis. I am ready to wait it out though
Old 25th August 2010, 22:06   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerendra.kiran View Post
@ funkykar, I think the offer is nationwide, rather than pertaining to Prerana. I believe the original communication is from Fiat, which has been circulated to customers by the dealers.

I understand that Fiat needs to confirm the allotments for 46, which I was told would be according to the booking dates punched in by the dealers. If I remember correctly, u booked ahead of me. So, if I get it, you get it too. I am expecting more information/confirmation in the 1st week of Sep. Fingers crossed till then.
I second that

All this calls and mails started happening today. I did not get a mail from Prerana but got a call from someone there to let me know that the Car would be delivered in September or October.

When I had spoken to the Div Sales Mgr at Prerana last week he had told me that FIAT would provide info about the delivery time line by Tuesday and I guess these mails and calls have happened since they have some firm commitments from FIAT.
Old 26th August 2010, 00:23   #288
BHPian

@lloyd:

I too got a call from Prerana Motors, B'lore conveying Car would be delivered in September or October. I haven't rxd any official mail. Hoping against the hope :-)
Old 26th August 2010, 06:30   #289
BHPian

@ Weathered. Shouldn't worry. I believe FIAT will deliver
Old 26th August 2010, 10:43   #290
BHPian

The Palios from 2002 or earlier had a major percentage of their components imported. Later on the percentage of localization was increased. Most of the people here, are of the opinion that the Palios with higher ratio of imported components were of much better quality than the later ones.

Can we expect a similar difference in the quality of the cars that would be delivered in October or later, since they are also going to get imported parts?

In that case, we would be the more lucky ones, compared to the first 46 people !! :-)

Last edited by SilkDrive : 26th August 2010 at 10:44.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:04   #291
BHPian

Palio Multijet VS Punto Multijet

Palio MJD is pure addictive raw power for the guys who love a torquey drive,pleasure on the road

Punto MJD is very refined with low NVH however lacks the agility of Palio MJD

Please suggest best alloys for my Furnace Red beauty.

Old 26th August 2010, 16:55   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
5.04 on road for Punto Active is a steal. What discounts were you offered? Here dealers are offering upto 45,000 discounts across the Punto range which includes free insurance + extended warranty + exchange bonus etc.

Awaiting a detailed review on your Italian beauty.

Congrats.
If the above yahoo group link has any truth (in the sense that FIAT will give 40k to the discount to the people who booked PUNTO) then manikjeet has been take for a ride. Hes actually paying a lot more.

Punto Active is priced at 5.16 lacs in Chandigarh with free insurance + 4 yr warranty + road side etc. Now 5.16 lacs minus the 40k discount (as he booked Palio) should come to 4.76 lacs. Now add Registration charges to it. The total comes out to be no more than 4.80 Lacs as registration in Chandigarh is mere 4-5k bucks.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:04   #293
Senior - BHPian

^ If I remember correctly, Manikjeet was looking for a diesel car. So, we can safely assume he got the Punto Active 1.3 multijet which is really a steal.

Mankjeet, please confirm the same.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:15   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^ If I remember correctly, Manikjeet was looking for a diesel car. So, we can safely assume he got the Punto Active 1.3 multijet which is really a steal.

5.16 Lacs is the price of MJD and yes he booked MJD.

Please check the attached file.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio Multijet SDX for 4.2 Lakhs !!!!-punto-prices.jpg  

Old 26th August 2010, 19:42   #295
Senior - BHPian

If the current lot palio's have a lot of imported components then spare parts would be more expensive woudnt it?
Old 26th August 2010, 20:17   #296
BHPian

My apologies as I just cruised thru' the thread since I'm on a 56K connection today I wanted to know if the bookings were still ON for the Palio MJD or would there be an indefinite wait period.

I called up two service centers in Pune and I was assured a callback never got one since two days now.

Last edited by inreverse : 26th August 2010 at 20:19.
Old 26th August 2010, 20:52   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
My apologies as I just cruised thru' the thread since I'm on a 56K connection today I wanted to know if the bookings were still ON for the Palio MJD or would there be an indefinite wait period.

I called up two service centers in Pune and I was assured a callback never got one since two days now.

I guess its a bit too late. Atleast 10 days ago I got a confirmation from my dealer that Fiat has stopped accepting any Palio bookings
Old 26th August 2010, 21:34   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
If the above yahoo group link has any truth (in the sense that FIAT will give 40k to the discount to the people who booked PUNTO) then manikjeet has been take for a ride. Hes actually paying a lot more.

Punto Active is priced at 5.16 lacs in Chandigarh with free insurance + 4 yr warranty + road side etc. Now 5.16 lacs minus the 40k discount (as he booked Palio) should come to 4.76 lacs. Now add Registration charges to it. The total comes out to be no more than 4.80 Lacs as registration in Chandigarh is mere 4-5k bucks.
bhai yaar thats for BS 3 model 40k cash discount

yes the dealer is offering me 40k discount on the only BS 3 car they have but the car is 2009 production and Ozone blue in color which i don't like
and we cant register a new BS 3 car in chandigarh

and i talked to the reginal office and they have offer me the following deal

Punto 1.3mjd + 12k discount+ registration +free insurance + 4 yr warranty + road side + mud flaps +body cover+mat+ trunk mat painting of the grill,door handle and mirror for 5.04 lacs + number plate

and i think its a good deal

Quote:

yup i got one will get her home tomorrow or on sunday

here she is asking me to get her home soon
doesn't she look cute
Attached Thumbnails
Palio Multijet SDX for 4.2 Lakhs !!!!-spm_a0143.jpg  

Old 26th August 2010, 21:48   #299
BHPian

Quote:
I guess its a bit too late. Atleast 10 days ago I got a confirmation from my dealer that Fiat has stopped accepting any Palio bookings

Thanks for the update
Old 26th August 2010, 22:31   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
yup i got one will get her home tomorrow or on sunday

here she is asking me to get her home soon
doesn't she look cute
She is Wonderful, an Italian beauty! Take her home and pamper her. And she shall serve you well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed