Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 10:08   #46
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
That silver palio 5751 is very familiar,was that bought some 1-1.5 years back in Coimbatore 2nd hand?
Hi joshguy, you are right, this was bought 2nd in coimbatore.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

I have a new update on this offer. My dealer emailed me today morning. The on-road price would be higher than what was calculated earlier. Fiat is giving a huge discount on the Palio. However, the road tax as per RTO guys has to be caculated with the original ex-showroom price it seems and not on the discounted price. So that car on road would be roughly 9000/- more in Bangalore. 4.49lac+9k= 4.58lakhs

Can anyone confirm if this would be standard practice or what?
Old 27th July 2010, 11:54   #48
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I have a new update on this offer. My dealer emailed me today morning. The on-road price would be higher than what was calculated earlier. Fiat is giving a huge discount on the Palio. However, the road tax as per RTO guys has to be caculated with the original ex-showroom price it seems and not on the discounted price. So that car on road would be roughly 9000/- more in Bangalore. 4.49lac+9k= 4.58lakhs

Not at all. We got the car registered for the current invoice amount. RTO will calculate tax only with the invoice provided, which in turn will have the new price. Initially, even we were pondering on such things but it is not true.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Not at all. We got the car registered for the current invoice amount. RTO will calculate tax only with the invoice provided, which in turn will have the new price. Initially, even we were pondering on such things but it is not true.
Thanks for this information. I will take this up with the dealership. By the way, did it anywhere mention in the Invoice about the original price and the discount offered? If not, then your case is fine. If same happens on 2010 make, then the original calculation of tax should stay put and I dont have to pay the 9k extra amount.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:09   #50
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this information. I will take this up with the dealership. By the way, did it anywhere mention in the Invoice about the original price and the discount offered? If not, then your case is fine. If same happens on 2010 make, then the original calculation of tax should stay put and I dont have to pay the 9k extra amount.
No the invoice did not mention any old price, discounts etc. The ex-showroom price in the invoice provided to us was Rs.3,29,000/- and the tax paid was 10% of this amount.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Even I too got a call regarding the same from Prerana

I'm still waiting for a quote from my Company's lease partner. I might loose money on the insurance front too since the insurance is the prerogative of the lease partner and I might not be able to avail the free insurance if FIAT is not providing a cash discount for the same to the lease partner
Old 27th July 2010, 12:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
The same confusion arose at the time of registering my Brother-in-law's Palio too. Finally the RTO came to the conclusion that the taxes are payable on the ex-showroom price fixed by the manufacturer. To understand this, compare the following scenario:

1. Manufacturer Price: 5 Lakhs; Manufacturer Discount 1 Lakh: Effective ex-showroom price = 4 lakhs. Road Tax payable on Rs. 4 Lakhs.

2. Manufacturer Price: 5 Lakhs; Dealer Discount 1 Lakh: Effective ex-showroom price = 5 lakhs. Road Tax payable on Rs. 5 Lakhs.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:42   #53
BHPian

Guys, any idea if this offer can be availed in Hyderabad ??

I want to know about it and autofin (tata dealer) has no clue ! he is interested in selling me a 2009 Punto Dynamic for 5,30,000/- instead ! My dad is looking for a diesel & he liked the ride of manza. I am trying to pull him off manza because the fuel economy of palio mjd would be better than Manza ! and also this cost benefit of atleast 2lakhs
Old 27th July 2010, 15:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Even I too got a call regarding the same from Prerana

I'm still waiting for a quote from my Company's lease partner. I might loose money on the insurance front too since the insurance is the prerogative of the lease partner and I might not be able to avail the free insurance if FIAT is not providing a cash discount for the same to the lease partner
I wish you very good luck. Do let them know the situation. I hope the guys at Prerana can work out something for you on an exception basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
The same confusion arose at the time of registering my Brother-in-law's Palio too. Finally the RTO came to the conclusion that the taxes are payable on the ex-showroom price fixed by the manufacturer. To understand this, compare the following scenario:

1. Manufacturer Price: 5 Lakhs; Manufacturer Discount 1 Lakh: Effective ex-showroom price = 4 lakhs. Road Tax payable on Rs. 4 Lakhs.

2. Manufacturer Price: 5 Lakhs; Dealer Discount 1 Lakh: Effective ex-showroom price = 5 lakhs. Road Tax payable on Rs. 5 Lakhs.
Finally, what was the road tax paid? Was it scenario 1 or was it scenario 2? I believe, if the invoice doesnt talk about the old ex-showroom price and discount, we customers would be benefitted by scenario 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Guys, any idea if this offer can be availed in Hyderabad ??
Do check out with other Tata dealers in Hyderabad. I am very sure you should be able to get it. Again, good luck!
Old 27th July 2010, 15:13   #55
BHPian

guys.. I have another doubt, what about spares availability ? how much of a problem can it be ?

Considering palio is phased out, but engine still doing rounds in punto & vista, i hope its easy to find engine spares, but body panels ? ORVMS etc.. what would be the state of such spares availability ?
Old 27th July 2010, 15:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, what was the road tax paid? Was it scenario 1 or was it scenario 2? I believe, if the invoice doesnt talk about the old ex-showroom price and discount, we customers would be benefitted by scenario 1.
B-I-L had to pay the taxes on the pre-discounted amount but pursued the matter with the District Transport Officer who finally understood and offered a refund. Instead of claiming a refund he adjusted the amount towards premium for a special registration number.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys.. I have another doubt, what about spares availability ? how much of a problem can it be ?

Considering palio is phased out, but engine still doing rounds in punto & vista, i hope its easy to find engine spares, but body panels ? ORVMS etc.. what would be the state of such spares availability ?
Thats one thing and service another. These things need to be kept in mind before booking a Palio. Good chances are after a couple of years, it would be an issue. If Fiat takes customer's seriously and manufacture enough parts, it shouldnt be an issue.

If you are a passionate automobile guy, hunting spares in future may be fun, but Palio being a newer car could become a nuisense.

@ Tortoiseshare: Thanks! I and my friends too will some how try to ensure we pay taxes for the discounted price.

Last edited by funkykar : 27th July 2010 at 15:32.
Old 27th July 2010, 17:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

I had one more question in mind. Has even on set of cars made in 2010 with the discounted price delivered anywhere in India? And if dealers simply say 45-60 days for delivery and keep accepting bookings, when would they produce and deliver? If the offer was valid since May end, by now atleast a few 2010 models should be out right?
Old 27th July 2010, 21:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend (Venkat) who is awaiting tbhp membership approval.

Make : FIAT
Model : Palio Stile 1.3
Variant : SDX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 20th July 2010
Color : Infinity Black
Expected Delivery Date :October 2010
Dealer & City : Prerana, Bangalore
Freebies : Fiat has offered a 96000/- drop in price
Others : None
Old 27th July 2010, 22:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, any idea if this offer can be availed in Hyderabad ?? ...
Yes it is very much available in Hyderabad. But at 4.4 lakhs in Hyderabad. This was confirmed by a Concord dealership guy. You can contact Mr. Bharani, Manager - Fiat Sales. You can mention about teambhp. He knows teambhp very well. You can as well mention my id, I have met him at the recent auto show in Hyderabad.

All the best.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed