Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 11:52   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@ funkykar - The email also shows pricing for SD & SDE models... are you sure?
Yes, I am very sure. Atleast in Bangalore, every dealer I spoke to before booking confirmed that only the SDX and SLX would be available and accepted bookings only for the same.

On a different note, even if all 3 models are available, it makes more sense to go for SDX as price difference is not too huge compared to other car manufacturers. Anyways, there is no choice now for the Palio Stile.
Old 29th July 2010, 11:55   #77
h14
BHPian

Quote:
H14 - Do you know the OTR for SD & SDE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^^ 2010 manufactured Palio Stiles are not available for booking for SD or SDE models. Only the SDZ is available. Similarly on petrol variants, only SLX is available. Refer to this email: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...tile-offer.pdf
AirWind, as funkykar said, only the fully loaded models, ie., SLX and SDX are available.
Old 29th July 2010, 11:57   #78
BHPian

The ex-showroom increases 20K over each variant (SD > SDE > SDX) and I didnt find that VFM for the features offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Yes, I am very sure. Atleast in Bangalore, every dealer I spoke to before booking confirmed that only the SDX and SLX would be available and accepted bookings only for the same.

On a different note, even if all 3 models are available, it makes more sense to go for SDX as price difference is not too huge compared to other car manufacturers. Anyways, there is no choice now for the Palio Stile.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:51   #79
Senior - BHPian

This price is really great. I already have a new car with me else i would have definitely bought one :(

Diesel Palio is so cool. Its very economical as well. Palio for me is the best looking hatch available in the current market. Better than Punto, i20 & Polo too. It looks very balanced. Plus good space inside. Sturdy body.

I guess if Fiat continues with this offer for long, it may get some good numbers for Fiat.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
This price is really great. I already have a new car with me else i would have definitely bought one :(

I guess if Fiat continues with this offer for long, it may get some good numbers for Fiat.
No doubt about it! Price is really a killer. Friend of mine bought a used SDX or 3.8lakh few months ago. It had run for 36000 kilometers. Now, we get a new one for 4.5 lakh on road. If you look at the classifieds, there is a 2008 SDX for sale for 3.9lakhs. 6 months ago, it was decent enough price to consider it for people looking for used cars. At 4.5 lakhs you hardly get any petrol cars of this class.

I really hope the Fiat Palio 2011 happens and Palios would once again be bacK.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

In Pune, dealer is saying offer is discontinued. Can anyone confirm if its true?

I told my bro about this offer & he is interested in buying one ...
Old 29th July 2010, 14:11   #82
Senior - BHPian

^ Are they aware of the 2010 models. I guess you should check with other dealers too. Do print the email about the Palio offer and ask the dealership to check with Fiat. The dealership might have stopped Palio sales thinking it would no longer attract customers?
Old 29th July 2010, 14:23   #83
BHPian

[quote=aniketi;2002289]In Pune, dealer is saying offer is discontinued. Can anyone confirm if its true? quote]

Best bet would be to call fiat customer care and confirm on the offer if its really dis-continued.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:33   #84
Senior - BHPian

You could give it a try. Good luck!

I had a bad experience with customer support. The conversation went on like:

Me: Are Fiat Palio Stile's still available.
Customer support: Hmmmmmm.....Give me 2 minutes, I will check.

5 minute hold....

Customer support: Yes sir, its available.
Me: Really??
Customer support: Yes sir, SLX and SDX top end models are available.
Me: Oh! whats the price?

5 minute hold...

Customer support: SDX is 3.89lac ex-showroom.
Me: Are you sure? Want it 4.8lac some time back.
Customer support: I do not know! This is the information I have. Please check with local dealerships.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:41   #85
BHPian

@ h14 - Which dealership in CBE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
No the invoice did not mention any old price, discounts etc. The ex-showroom price in the invoice provided to us was Rs.3,29,000/- and the tax paid was 10% of this amount.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:50   #86
h14
BHPian

Quote:
@ h14 - Which dealership in CBE?
The only dealer here is TAFE Access....
Old 29th July 2010, 14:55   #87
Senior - BHPian

Checked out to today at Concorde motors, Chennai.

SDX and SLE (1.1) available.
50K Booking Amount
2 month waiting Period
SDX at 4.23 L OTR !! (Didnt bother asking for the 1.1 SLE, as 1.6 Not available at all)
But....

.... Only temp registration can be done in Chennai (since its a BS-III variant) you need to show some proof of address in any place outside Chennai so that the car will be registerd in that place.!!!

Old 29th July 2010, 15:29   #88
BHPian

My friend checked with dealer in Satara near Pune. Palio SDX is available at Rs.4.39L on road with free extended warranty, insurance and roadside assistance.
Palio SLX is available at Rs.3.4 L.

Booking Amount is Rs.50k and waiting period is 2-3 Months.

If fiat Palio is discontinued then there should be clearance sell and in this case there should not be any waiting period.
It looks like Fiat is manufacturing Palio after order placement. I am little doubtful about Palio's discontinuation.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

Some thoughts on OTR cost- offer document (pdf mentioned in post #64 above) clearly mentions that 3.89 lakh is 'Ex showroom' price for this offer (SDX), and if I interpret it correctly, dealers are supposed to issue invoice with this price. Discount offered to arrive at this price is manufacturer's discount. Dealer's discount over and above this, if at all, can not be expected to be mentioned in the invoice since it is not allowed by Fiat. Even if they do mention it, as per post #52, looks like RTO rules do not favor us in reducing road tax anyway. Hope that makes it easy to convince both the dealer and hence RTO to consider 3.89L as base (ex-showroom) cost.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:43   #90
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
My friend checked with dealer in Satara near Pune. Palio SDX is available at Rs.4.39L on road with free extended warranty, insurance and roadside assistance.
Palio SLX is available at Rs.3.4 L.

Booking Amount is Rs.50k and waiting period is 2-3 Months.

If fiat Palio is discontinued then there should be clearance sell and in this case there should not be any waiting period.
It looks like Fiat is manufacturing Palio after order placement. I am little doubtful about Palio's discontinuation.
sushantr5, the 2010 models are indeed made on order and certenly not clearance of old stocks. The old stocks are already sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Some thoughts on OTR cost- offer document (pdf mentioned in post #64 above) clearly mentions that 3.89 lakh is 'Ex showroom' price for this offer (SDX), and if I interpret it correctly, dealers are supposed to issue invoice with this price. Discount offered to arrive at this price is manufacturer's discount. Dealer's discount over and above this, if at all, can not be expected to be mentioned in the invoice since it is not allowed by Fiat. Even if they do mention it, as per post #52, looks like RTO rules do not favor us in reducing road tax anyway. Hope that makes it easy to convince both the dealer and hence RTO to consider 3.89L as base (ex-showroom) cost.
santosh.s, you are right. The dealer will certainly provide you the invoice with 3.89. No worries regarding RTO, they will also consider the same.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed