Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 03:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

@SilkDrive: Its not an easy call. Good chances are you may never get the 2010 model Palio Stile. To be on the pessimests side the Palio Stile may never happen and the 50k may be returned. Go through this entire thread and decide quickly. It may already be too late. If you are really interested, go try at the nearest dealership in the morning. Else, your choice may get limited to a used Palio.

Last edited by funkykar : 31st July 2010 at 03:15.
Old 31st July 2010, 19:39   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Congrats Lloyd! What color and model did you choose?
Thank you GreenDay. I have opted for a Medium Grey SDX.
Old 31st July 2010, 19:51   #138
BHPian

^^ Thanks for the reply and thanks to all others who have helped me out in this. I had been to Concorde motors hyderabad and after a lot of hunting down, here and there, the sales manager over there confirmed me that they will be able to provide me a Palio Stile 2010 model, within 6-8 weeks, if i book proptly.

Well i did not make any further delay. :-)

Is there any chance that the dealer backs out from his promises later? Or shall i rest assured that I shall be surely getting my hands on a freshly manufactured Palio Stile SDX?

Also the booking money receipt, that i got, states that the ex-showroom price at the time of delivery shall be applicable. On enquiring, I was told that it is a general clause in the T&C and I need not worry. Is this safe? or do I need to follow up and get this changed?

Any ways the details of my booking are as follows:

Palio Stile SDX,
Infinity Black,
Ex-showroom - 3,89,000.
On Road - 4,40,430.
Free insurance, Free Extended warranty, Free Road-side Assistance for 50 months.
Delivery time - 6 - 8 weeks.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 31st July 2010 at 19:54.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:48   #139
BHPian

Thank you

Thanks fellow tbhpians for this information.

I dont live in India but I have called my peeps to check for a booking. Looks like this is amazing VFM for a MJD Palio and if it happen it would definitely be Infinity Black.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:51   #140
BHPian

Congratulations Silkdrive

And now the wait starts

I don't think that you would have to worry about the Price part. Ideally it shouldn't change and whatever is in the receipt I guess is standard & general T&C that all dealers have.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:00   #141

Thanks joshguy and TeamBHP! I would have never known about this offer if I were not a BHPian (not yet official, I'm still a NewBee). Just booked SLX at Prerana Motors. When I walked into the showroom asking for a Palio, I was told it is discontinued and recommended Punto and other Tata cars. I told I'm not interested in any other car except Palio, and I was given a price sheet of the actual prices. I don't want to get into details but it took about 20 mins for me to get the Dhamaka deal by interacting with the Sales team there (2 on floor and their manager on phone). More details later.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:04   #142
Senior - BHPian

There surely seems to be a spurt of bookings in the last few days. Couple more friends of mine have booked the SDX. One I couldnt speak to yet to gather details, another booked at Concorde, Mysore road today morning.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:27   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
There surely seems to be a spurt of bookings in the last few days. Couple more friends of mine have booked the SDX. One I couldnt speak to yet to gather details, another booked at Concorde, Mysore road today morning.
Karthik,

I guess if someone from FIAT is reading this they should promptly make you a brand ambassador

I'm indebted to you for my booking since it was your posts which made me shelve plans for a Manza and book the Palio MJD. I knew that it was a wonderful car and I had test driven it 2 times in 2008 when it was launched. Somehow or the other it did not happen and I happened to get a used Ikon 1.6 which is an excellent drivers car.

So now the Palio should serve me for the next 2 years or so and hopefully I will be able to lay my hands on a Linea 1.6 Multijet by then
Old 31st July 2010, 22:33   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Karthik,

I guess if someone from FIAT is reading this they should promptly make you a brand ambassador

I'm indebted to you for my booking since it was your posts which made me shelve plans for a Manza and book the Palio MJD.
I am overjoyed. When I got to know about the offer, I was all EXCITED head to toe. At that point, if dealerships told me that the offer was over, I cant even imagine what a super opportunity I would have missed. I just wanted all Fiat/Palio lovers capitalize on this opportunity. I anyways would be one of the happiest persons to see Fiats revive themselves and become numero uno in India

As you said earlier, the countdown has begun. Every day for me has been an anxious day thinking about my yet to arrive Palio. Happy to know that I dont wait alone and I have a bunch of people waiting with me which is more fun like how we used to wait for results after exams.

Last edited by funkykar : 31st July 2010 at 22:35.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:45   #145
BHPian

I dont understand why the palio is in so much demand. At 4.4 Lacs, it still is not cheap. For a few ten thousands more, you can get so many better new generation cars. Think of the choices available, why put the money into something that is outdated and old? Unless you are a hardcore Palio fan, its a bit difficult to digest.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:48   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I dont understand why the palio is in so much demand. At 4.4 Lacs, it still is not cheap. For a few ten thousands more, you can get so many better new generation cars. Think of the choices available, why put the money into something that is outdated and old? Unless you are a hardcore Palio fan, its a bit difficult to digest.
4.4 for a MJD is not cheap? Do we have any cheaper MJD other than this in market? Outdated and old, but strong sturdy and many more good features about the Palio. And yes, this offer is supposed to be for Fiat loyalists or anyone who is specific for the Palio.

P.S: Have you driven a Palio??!
Old 31st July 2010, 22:54   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I am overjoyed. When I got to know about the offer, I was all EXCITED head to toe. At that point, if dealerships told me that the offer was over, I cant even imagine what a super opportunity I would have missed. I just wanted all Fiat/Palio lovers capitalize on this opportunity. I anyways would be one of the happiest persons to see Fiats revive themselves and become numero uno in India

As you said earlier, the countdown has begun. Every day for me has been an anxious day thinking about my yet to arrive Palio. Happy to know that I dont wait alone and I have a bunch of people waiting with me which is more fun like how we used to wait for results after exams.
Very true. Why do I like FIAT? It is very much for their driving dynamics, classy styling and that tank like feel even in a hatch. There are numerous tin boxes on wheels on our roads and I have seen quite a few of them ground to dust in unfortunate accidents and a lot of people have lost their lives

The ill informed masses are more concerned more about Mileage, Cheap spares and Resale value (Heck, they think about the selling it even before they buy it ) and they end up buying those unsafe tin boxes.

Let FIAT do well in India and hope they give us better cars than the competition.

For me the countdown has begun. I am tempted to place an order for a Garmin GPS unit since a friend of mine is returning from the US next week.

And if they deliver it in the last week of September I may drive it all the way to Ladakh.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:01   #148
Senior - BHPian

^ I agree with the tank like feel. Its a manly car. If anyone likes the Palio or not, no one can deny its feel and sturdiness.

Wow! Ladakh would be a super idea on the Palio. I too have something similar in mind. A very very long honeymoon trip in October.

By the way, I am getting married in October.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:13   #149
BHPian

^^

Congratulations Karthik. That's some good news

Me too searching but nothing has materialized so far

Now Palio to Ladakh is an enticing idea. I have leaves approved from Oct 1-18th. Had plans to drive down in my friend's Innova but nothing has been finalized yet. Will plan the itinerary probably late next month and I will have a plan B too ready in case if am getting the Car by the last week of September.

I had been there last year too but had to confine myself to few hours at the wheel of a truck like Sumo Spacio & a utilitarian Qualis since we were doing the sight seeing in a Taxi.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:28   #150
Senior - BHPian

Firstly I hope I get my Palio!! Because I just got a call from Kolkota that my colleague there too has booked a Palio, but Petrol one.

Secondly, I am not sure if it's safe to go on long drives during Run in period.

P.S: Lloyd we are going bit off topic. We will continue in PMs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks