Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:54   #256
BHPian

^^ I checked up with my dealer, (here in hyderabad), again and he checked up with some sales management office of Fiat at Bangalore. From whatever he collected from there he still firmly believes that Fiat is going to deliver the cars and people who made the first bookings would probably start getting the engine & chassis numbers by mid September.

Now i am not sure if this is an attempt to block my money for as long as they can, but there is still no news about the cars not being delivered, at my dealer.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:30   #257
Senior - BHPian

All the dealers have got an internal mail that the cars cann't be delivered and that they should start returning the money
i have seen the mail but my dealer is not letting me have a hard copy

update: have asked my dealer to cancel the booking will get the money in 2 days time
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:31   #258
Senior - BHPian

A clever gimmick by FIAT to push off old stock!
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:47   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
A clever gimmick by FIAT to push off old stock!
Common Driver, that would be an suicide attempt by FIAT-TATA. The e-mail clearly said, they were targetting FIAT Palio lovers, TATA Group employees etc. Now, IF they are gonna let down the Palio Lovers itself, hhm even God can't save their face in India.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:42   #260
Senior - BHPian

I now wonder where Fiat India is headed if this is the general attitude. If they screwed up with couple of new customers, they may escape. Screwing up with old timers, I have no words what impression they would leave with the general public.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:21   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The e-mail clearly said, they were targetting FIAT Palio lovers, TATA Group employees etc.
And the mail also said that the cars would be delivered in about 45-60 days max and we have people on the forum and on PUG that have booked the car in the month may and they haven't heard from Fiat

my dealer hasn't received a single confirmation from Fiat on a single booking so far
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:16   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Common Driver,
Maybe you meant "Come on, DRIV3R"? It would be better if attention to detail is given.

Quote:
The e-mail clearly said, they were targetting FIAT Palio lovers, TATA Group employees etc. Now, IF they are gonna let down the Palio Lovers itself, hhm even God can't save their face in India.
Whatever their target, at last they didn't deliver and that is my point.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:22   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe you meant "Come on, DRIV3R"? It would be better if attention to detail is given.
Yes, tht's what I meant.

Quote:

Whatever their target, at last they didn't deliver and that is my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
And the mail also said that the cars would be delivered in about 45-60 days max and we have people on the forum and on PUG that have booked the car in the month may and they haven't heard from Fiat

my dealer hasn't received a single confirmation from Fiat on a single booking so far
FIAT has shot at it's own foot!
Old 24th August 2010, 11:44   #264
BHPian

forgive me guys for being a little negative.

I dont think any significant harm would come to FIAT. as most of us know here, this offer was kept under the wraps and hardly many people know about it. Its the fans and loyalists who would know about the offer well enough. Though the common man would not know about the offer and hence would not be disappointed. there would be a damage to their reputation, but not to most of the Indian population out there.

Note: No intention of hurting the sentiments of the people who booked the car! i myself was planning to book it, but lack of funds made me drop the idea!
Old 24th August 2010, 12:34   #265
BHPian

Guys,

Here is the latest update from the dealer. FIAT will deliver 38 Cars next month across India. The rest will be delivered in October. No timelines are given since they have issues sourcing parts from India and hence getting it sourced from vendors in Brazil.

The dealer said that FIAT has asked them to refund the booking amount of 50k and for customers who are willing to wait have been asked to retain a nominal booking amount of 1k.

I have asked them to refund 49k and still hope that they would deliver in October

If FIAT opts not to fulfill the orders then I would probably opt for a Figo even though the dealer has given me a Flat 35k discounts for Punto BS3 2010 Cars.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:39   #266
Senior - BHPian

^ Thanks Lloyd

This seems to be the most positive response of all. I too would opt to take the refund of 49k and wait it out will October. My choice too is inclined to the Figo diesel purely due to budgetary contraints. Any car that I buy, at a minimum I would put in alloys, upsized tires, a very good music syste, and may be a Pete's.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:13   #267
BHPian

Before overreacting on incomplete informations received and FIAT bashers, please understand the car that you all have booked is out of production now.

TATA FIAT never expected so much response and it came in for a surprise after it was over booked as per their expectations.

This would have inversely lead to reworking on sourcing parts for all the components. Hence some shortage as vendors to source Palio related spare parts are less than for the current running Linea, Punto cars.

Owners who have booked it need to have patience as FIAT had initially mentioned 45-60days that means 2 months. With over bookings, this would had shifted their delivery dates.

Take for example, even today the new Enfield Classics suffer with unlimited wait days..more than 3-4 months. But passionate or fanboys have no option but to wait.

I'm sure they would deliver the cars to all those who have booked it but may be with some delay. I guess as someone above got info, FIAT is giving option to refund back which is a good gesture than holding you all back for uncertain periods like other manufacturers.

Also every now or the other phone calls to the product/regional managers will do no good as its obvious they would ignore your calls or switch off their mobiles. If they dont have concrete info from the plant side, what will they pass on to the customers.

I've experienced this when i booked my Stile 1.6 Sports and after a brief meet with Ravi Bhatia(VP Commercial, FIAT) at Check up camp last year hence i'm aware of this situation.

No offense to anyone here but i just wanted to share my thoughts to ease this situation.

Good luck to all the owners booked this car at a steal price

Last edited by rudrah : 24th August 2010 at 15:14.
Old 24th August 2010, 20:05   #268
BHPian

Thanks Rudrah, for easing up the situation for us.

I had called the toll-free number on Fiat website to enquire about the status of this offer. Fiat representative was frank about the matter that there is indeed a shortage in availability of components and there might be a delay, but he assured that cars will be delivered. I had the same news from CRM's office, Pune on Friday.

I have decided not to collect any refund till the first week of November, and hold my calm. Keeping my hopes high till then !!
Old 24th August 2010, 23:41   #269
Senior - BHPian

@Rudrah: I completely agree with you. I am sure no one was really bashing Fiat. It was just that strong emotions been shown, including myself who have been an ardent fan of the Fiats since a child. Just the fear of non-delivery caused all the emotions. However, if Fiat tried every bit to try and make the car, I feel most of them wouldnt feel too let down if finally they do not deliver. As of now, if its really true that they are trying to source parts from Brazil, I feel they are already going that extra mile that all true Fiatians expect.

I kind of have changed my mind as of now, in case I am not delivered a new Palio. I may not opt for the Figo. Forget myself, my Fiancee too felt Figo was under powered and any Fiat MJD feels better. Figo without a Pete's is no good I guess. Punto seems expensive to me.

I thought from my heart and here is my idea. I may opt for a used SDX and a new K10. Palio for me and a K10 for my fiancee. She kind of agreed about this idea. This anyways is plan B. Plan A is always to wait for the Palio 2010. Lets see how it goes.
Old 25th August 2010, 09:07   #270
Senior - BHPian

update
i yesterday when to another dealer to book a palio and see if he confirms the claims of the other dealer

After reaching i approach my drivers brother who is working there as a sale person and told him to ask his manager about the issue and see if they can deliver me a palio asap, to which i got the answer that the palio is out of production and is no longer available

And yesterday from the same dealer i booked a Punto active 1.3 mjd Bossa nova white at 5.04 lacs on road and will be taking delivery on Sunday 29
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks