Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 09:33   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
update

And yesterday from the same dealer i booked a Punto active 1.3 mjd Bossa nova white at 5.04 lacs on road and will be taking delivery on Sunday 29
How on earth did you manage to get a Punto MJD at this price. Please throw more light.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:47   #272
BHPian

Other Palio-owners, experts and every one else : please talk some sense into me !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I've experienced this when i booked my Stile 1.6 Sports and after a brief meet with Ravi Bhatia(VP Commercial, FIAT) at Check up camp last year hence i'm aware of this situation.

@ rudrah, other Palio owners monitoring this thread and Experts :

Considering that manufacturer himself is facing troubles, sourcing components, I was trying to make some idea on the spares availability in the future. It is not that i was unaware that sourcing spares for Palio would be time consuming and tough, but the current scenario has got me rethinking.

In case everytime sourcing parts is so difficult, dealers might be reluctant to source spares for individual owners needs, and even if available they would cost a bomb (for e.g. the cost of the ORVM glass for palio stile is already 800 bucks compared to 280 of that of a punto/linea, or for e.g. the headlamp cluster costs 2.5 times that of linea). It has been mere 7 months that the palio has been out of production and the spare prices have taken such shape. What would be the scenario 2-3 years down the line... Are we actually saving a lakh under this offer or are we peparing ourselves to spend more than that on spares?

Can current palio owners share their views on what they are facing on this aspect, and what are their views for the near future.

Now, by any chance if I get this car, it would be my first, and i want to keep it for long (8 years), so may I request for some official Team-BHP advice on whether going ahead with this deal would be good for my situation, or should I wait for another 4 months to save the additional amount to get myself a Punto MJD Active.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 25th August 2010 at 14:51.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:06   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post

And yesterday from the same dealer i booked a Punto active 1.3 mjd Bossa nova white at 5.04 lacs on road and will be taking delivery on Sunday 29
5.04 on road for Punto Active is a steal. What discounts were you offered? Here dealers are offering upto 45,000 discounts across the Punto range which includes free insurance + extended warranty + exchange bonus etc.

Awaiting a detailed review on your Italian beauty.

Congrats.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:15   #274
BHPian

Well Just to give you my opinion.

I have Palio's at my house - also One of them is an 1.3MJD.

As far as parts availability is concerned - other cars like Swift,Swift Dzire,Manza,etc most of the car have Fiat Engine so engine parts availability would be.

I have not faced any trouble in Palio's,& parts availability have been.

Moreover I feel at this price it is a steal- there are also Palio owner's from across country to help palio users in case any one faces problem.

I my opinion go for it- there are many people like me who are ready to help you out in case you face any part issue.Most of the parts are available rest we are there.

Don't worry- I also intent to keep my cars for long.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
Old 25th August 2010, 16:06   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
I my opinion go for it- there are many people like me who are ready to help you out in case you face any part issue.Most of the parts are available rest we are there.
Thanks, Anupam ! That is very kind of you and reassuring !!

Looking forward to a few more opinions from others as well, Please.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:41   #276
Senior - BHPian

Received an email from my dealer confirming delay in delivery. They are giving 2 options 'as a matter of goodwill'- refund of 49K, retaining 1K for those who want to wait till October or 40K discount of E-3 models of Punto. It seems only 46 Palios will be delivered countrywide now, for the rest some components are to be imported and those Palios will be ready only in October. There was nothing suggesting cancellation of Palio offer.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:55   #277
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Received an email from my dealer confirming delay in delivery. They are giving 2 options 'as a matter of goodwill'- refund of 49K, retaining 1K for those who want to wait till October or 40K discount of E-3 models of Punto. It seems only 46 Palios will be delivered countrywide now, for the rest some components are to be imported and those Palios will be ready only in October. There was nothing suggesting cancellation of Palio offer.
Now, that's some positive news. Thanks for sharing santosh. October isn't quite far away and I just hope FIAT keeps up the promise and doesn't let down its loyalists.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:12   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
This is definitely great news!

What is E-3 models of Punto?
Old 25th August 2010, 17:17   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

E-3 is the Euro 3 models that was produced upto march 2010. Since the new emission norms are there, the current ones are Euro - 4 or E-4

Hope I sounded right
Old 25th August 2010, 17:20   #280
Senior - BHPian

My bad! It did not ring a bell. I very well know the Euro 3 and 4 norms.

As stated by the dealer a few weeks ago (got to do nothing with the Palio offer), these are the Punto MJD prices E3/E4

Punto Active 1.3 multijet - Rs. 585160 / Euro IV - Rs.605160
Punto Emotion 1.3 Multijet - Rs.675365 / Euro IV - 695365
Punto Emotion Pack 1.3 Multijet - Rs.740646 / Euro IV Rs.760646.

Is an additional 40k discount offered on the Euro 3 ones or what?
Old 25th August 2010, 17:23   #281
h14
BHPian

Posative news regarding delivery

Folks, even I've stumbled upon similar news regarding the delay in delivery from PUG. You can access the message from the below link

Yahoo! Groups
Old 25th August 2010, 19:20   #282

^ You beat me to it, Mr. h14. I was the OP for that post. Wanted to share the details with our friends here too, but got tied up with work till now. And lo, fellow BHPians have already read it, thanks to you!

I'm now waiting to know if I am one of the 46 lucky ones. Else, no probs, I'll wait some more time. After all, stealing a car needs some planning, patience and time! Incase someone missed it, I'm referring to the price of a Palio being a steal!!
Old 25th August 2010, 19:55   #283
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
This dhamaka offer has set dhamaka in my brains too I have several thoughts running in my mind after the several rumors and speculations. Retaining the 1k for booking amout? Is this only with Prerana Bangalore or nation wide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerendra.kiran View Post
I'm now waiting to know if I am one of the 46 lucky ones.
Is there away to know if I too am part of the 46?

Last edited by funkykar : 25th August 2010 at 19:57.
Old 25th August 2010, 20:21   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Thanks, Anupam ! That is very kind of you and reassuring !!

Looking forward to a few more opinions from others as well, Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Hello all,
This dhamaka offer has set dhamaka in my brains too I have several thoughts running in my mind after the several rumors and speculations. Retaining the 1k for booking amout? Is this only with Prerana Bangalore or nation wide?

Is there away to know if I too am part of the 46?

Am I one of the 46 lucky ones too? I think I got one of the last 2009 Palio MJD's in the country! I'm updating my first 750 km very regularly (every 100km) in my initial ownership thread, so Silkdrive, it's an extremely well built car, I've upgraded my tires and got new alloys with some recommendations from TBHP people, and now, it's just such a pleasure to drive! I've been told that spares for the engine shouldn't be an issue since it shares components to many other 1.3 diesel cars. If there could be an issue, it would be with those parts which never need replacing anyway, or those parts which rarely get replaced. I'm calculating my FE by the end of this week, I'm trying to push for 15kmpl + in the city (Delhi) with horrible traffic jams and 100% AC usage!
Old 25th August 2010, 20:27   #285

@ funkykar, I think the offer is nationwide, rather than pertaining to Prerana. I believe the original communication is from Fiat, which has been circulated to customers by the dealers.

I understand that Fiat needs to confirm the allotments for 46, which I was told would be according to the booking dates punched in by the dealers. If I remember correctly, u booked ahead of me. So, if I get it, you get it too. I am expecting more information/confirmation in the 1st week of Sep. Fingers crossed till then.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks