Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:41   #196
BHPian

It does look like people got bored of waiting for the Linea TJet and went ahead and got a City (City sales 4,250, up from the 3.5k counts of the last few months)
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:44   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
It does look like people got bored of waiting for the Linea TJet and went ahead and got a City (City sales 4,250, up from the 3.5k counts of the last few months)
Could be true...but I guess people waiting for T-Jet would wait a bit more & would seldom settle for City.
Maybe, they were disappointed by Vento Petrol so they plunged in Honda waters.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:47   #198
BHPian

Not only good marketing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The launch has been postponed to beginning of October in the wake of festive season. Good timing, but the car needs heavy marketing to become a success. Fiat sales have crashed badly in august 2010 with just 1800 odd units.
I feel FIAT should do following immed.,

1. In fact if the launch is in Oct, FIAT should start commercials on TV from now.
2. Price differenece should not be tooooo high.
3. Some new colours (Blue/green is missing in Linea/Punto/Palio)to be introduced in all models including 1.3P/1.4P/T-jet
4. Lot of advts in print media/banners/posters with good schemes and discounts.
5. Maintain good quality of plastic/color/engine and A.S.Service which is slowly picking up and now people started again believing that FIAT is a robust and faithful brand. And the cost of spares is also moderate.

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 2nd September 2010 at 22:52.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:56   #199
BANNED

Source: Siddharth Patankar on NDTV

Fiat Linea T-Jet launch in Mid-October. Confirmed!
Old 11th September 2010, 22:37   #200
BHPian

Oh Mid october is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Source: Siddharth Patankar on NDTV

Fiat Linea T-Jet launch in Mid-October. Confirmed!
Now hardly one month left. Also eagerly waiting for blue colour in T-jet which hopefully will also be availbale in 1.4P/1.3D existing Lineas.
Old 12th September 2010, 23:36   #201
BHPian

I think again FIAT will loose the big season of Dasshera and will see reduced sales of Oct in the month of Nov as compared to others. Because in complete southern states of India, Dasshera is the most auspicious and lot of people buy new cars and other things. Dasshera is coming on 17th Oct. To get deliveries on 17th booking should start by last week of Sept. Advt for T-jet should then start by now. If they launch after Dasshera then only by Diwali they will get more customers from Northern/mid states. (loss of approx of 2000 cars of southern states) Hmmmmmm! FIAT act fast!!!

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 12th September 2010 at 23:39.
Old 13th September 2010, 02:08   #202
BHPian

Fiat T-Jet Linea to launch during mid October in India at price Rs. 7-8 lac

Italian automobile manufacturer, Fiat finally brings the T-Jet version of its much popular Linea in India this October. The T-Jet model of Linea was scheduled to be launched last month but due to unknown reasons the launch was shifted to a further date and it is now October, 2010. According to the official spokesperson of Fiat, the T-Jet will be launched in the middle of October and is expected to come in phased manner. The car was earlier showcased at Delhi in January 2010 and it seems that T-Jet will come packed with exclusive features to attract is Indian fans. The price of T-Jet Linea is anticipated to be Rs. 7-8 lac.

Fiat finds great pride in launching T-Jet Linea which is the first car in Indian automobile market that comes with the turbocharged version of the naturally aspirated 1.4L petrol engine. The car reaches 0-100 kmph in just 9.2 seconds and offers 120PS @5000rpm and torque of 200Nm @2500rpm. The T-Jet has a top speed of around 200 kmh. The car comes with 5-speed manual transmission and boasts of a wide array of features and specifications, both at the exterior and interior.

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-fiatlinea2lg.jpg
T-Jet Fiat Linea is dressed with dynamic outline with finest of chrome outline. The car delivers greater driving pleasure thanks to its responsive suspension system. The vehicle sports sporty wheel trims and bumpers and comes in choices of vibrant colors namely, Tecno Grey, Flamenco Red, Lullaby Blue and Rockability Black. The interior of the car sports illuminated digital console panel, rear seat headrest and a spacious luggage capacity of 500L.

The car provides a number of safety features to its occupants such as ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution, power lock doors, side and roof airbags and Fire Protection System that stops fuel supply to the engine in emergency situations. The other no-to-be-missed features of T-Jet include reverse parking sensors, rain sensing wipers, Hill Holder function and automatic headlamps.

Fiat declined to announce anything regarding the specific date of the launch of T-Jet Linea in India, which is going to be its next launch after 90hp Punto in the country, but October being the festive season in the country, it is expected that Fiat will cash in the festive season by offering T-Jet with special finance schemes and discounts.

Source : Fiat T-Jet Linea to launch during mid October in India at price Rs. 7-8 lac
Old 13th September 2010, 04:49   #203
BHPian

wow,those wheels look really big and 120 ps at 7-8 lakhs is really good,but i doubt the pricing , even the new verna costs around 10 lakhs on road. But this car will really set some high standards in the segment.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:15   #204
BHPian

@Bluengel180-Sorry to disappoint you mate but the pricing will not be 7-8 lakhs , it is expected to be around 1-1.5 lakhs more than the existing petrol emotion pack which should take its OTR mumbai price between 9.5-10 lakhs. Also the the output mentioned in the Auot Expo was 110Ps and not 120 PS.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.
Thanks.

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th September 2010 at 12:23. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:46   #205
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum. Future one liner /spam post will invite infraction.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th September 2010 at 20:36. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 14th September 2010, 00:11   #206
BHPian

Can anybody post photo/picture of Linea in Lullaby Blue?

Can anybody post photo/picture of Linea in Lullaby Blue?
I've searched a lot on net but I'm getting only FT Azure and Cool jazz Blue.
Is following is Lullaby blue?
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-dsc_0158.jpg  

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-fiatlineatjet05.jpg  

Old 14th September 2010, 01:39   #207
BHPian

@Bluengel180: I think the features and specs that you've mentioned in your post belong to Linea T-Jet of Europe, like hill holder and rain sensing wipers. I guess the only thing that we'll get in India are leather upholstery, 16 ince wheels (probably, but the tyre size is definitely bigger) and rear disc brakes.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:08   #208
BHPian

Folks, i gather from a senior Fiat insider that the launch would be on October 8, 2010 in response to my mail on the sliding sales for last month as well as my options to look at VW Vento inspite of being a hard core Fiat fan !

So, lets keep the fingers crossed for October 8 !

cheers
vinay sambaragimath
Old 14th September 2010, 14:19   #209
BHPian

No matter what is the timing of the launch : festive season or non-festive season : The Linea T-Jet will sell what it has to sell. And I don't expect it to add "significant" volumes to Fiat's current sales.

In fact : a non-festive season launch is better. Demand goes up during festive season, deliveries are not met, customers get angry which further affects sales during the non-festive season.

I don't expect any major promotions / advertisements from Fiat. It took them more than a year to make a India specific TV ad for the Punto. The Linea T-Jet is yet to be launched !!

If they were so serious : they would have given Sehwag a Linea T-Jet as a "Man of the Series" award during the recent India-Sri Lanka series. That would have sparked off some interest in the non auto-enthusiasts.
Old 14th September 2010, 19:26   #210
BHPian

Please post photo/picture of Linea in Lullaby Blue colour

Since last 5-6 months I am desperately waiting for Linea in Blue colour. In this waiting I have missed Blue Punto.
I searched a lot for Linea in Lullaby blue color but unfortunately I am getting only Fox Trote Azure and Cool jaaz blue photos/pictures.
Can anybody confirm that the photos uploaded in post No #206 are in Lullaby blue shade or any other? This is the most favoured blue shade by me and looks awesome.
Also which is the shade of Linea in post#202 by Blueangel180? Is it same F T Azure? If none of above are Lullaby blue then please post Linea photos in Lullaby blue color.
My patience for Blue Linea is running out!!!Otherwise I'l go for black color.

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 14th September 2010 at 19:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed