Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2010, 22:03   #241
Senior - BHPian

I agree it could be Alonso/Massa or maybe both. I don't think it can be MS or KR.

Singapore GP is just around the corner so maybe Alonso/Massa can drop in on the way there, if the launch is on 21 Sept. If it's 8th Oct, then that clashes with the Japanese GP dates, so we can be sure Alonso/Massa won't be at the launch.
Old 19th September 2010, 22:31   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
LINEA T-JET to be launched on 8th of october.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
A BIG SURPRISE AWAITS AT THE LAUNCH! ! but if everything falls in place we just may see some of the fastest men in the world launching it! fingers crossed
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
If it's 8th Oct, then that clashes with the Japanese GP dates, so we can be sure Alonso/Massa won't be at the launch.
Yes, the Japanese GP is on 10th Oct, unless Alonso & Massa intend to miss first practice, which would on the morning of 8th Oct, our time, I can't think of how they could attend this launch.

That said, I'm just wondering if it could be Rossi & Lorenzo ? After all, FIAT is their team's primary sponsor, & the Malaysian Moto-GP is on the 10th - isn't Malaysia closer to us than Japan by ~4 hours ?

Last edited by im_srini : 19th September 2010 at 22:47.
Old 19th September 2010, 22:49   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Yes, the Japanese GP is on 10th Oct, unless Alonso & Massa intend to miss first practice, which would on the morning of 8th Oct, our time, I can't think of how they could attend this launch.

That said, I'm just wondering if it could be Rossi & Lorenzo ? After all, FIAT is their team's primary sponsor, the Malaysian Moto-GP is on the 10th & Sepang is hardly a couple of hours away from us...
I didn't think of moto GP. This actually makes more sense, since like you said FIAT is a direct sponser, unlike Ferrari which is a group company. Lets wait and see.. Although something tells me it will be a ferrari driver ( remember schumi for the palio ad )
Old 20th September 2010, 05:51   #244
BHPian

Linea T Jet Launch on Oct. 8

Guys, just found out from Auto Car India website that FIAT is launching Linea T Jet on October 8 with 118 bhp with 5 speed manual tranny. Below is the link:

Linea 1.4 L T-Jet launch on Oct 8 | Autocar India

Mods, Please change the thread title accordingly.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:08   #245
BHPian

i got a mail from Tata rep, T-jet is launching in 1st week of OCT 10...
Old 20th September 2010, 21:41   #246
BHPian

Quote:
INFORMAL LAUNCH AND FIRST LOOK ON 21st sept.formal launch date will confirm
got the specs
114 ps / 207 nm torque turbocharged petrol engine,
16” alloy wheels with wider 205-55R16 tyres, front and rear disc
brakes, leather upholstery, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and the
Blue&Me technology
will get to drive it on monday 20th.will update
Just eager to know, did you get to drive it today? if yes, can you please share the update.

Thanks in anticipation
Old 21st September 2010, 11:37   #247
BHPian

I may sound off topc here, but somehow it is related to the FIAT Marketing Strategy.

Did anyone of the forum members checked out the TOI Edition today ? Hats off to Volkswagen for the Innovative thinking that they are bringing in to promote the Vento.
They are attaching / pasting a small black plastic box with the News paper Edition, when you flip open the news paper this chip plays the voice over for describing the features of the Volkswagen Vento, when you flip close the paper it will stop the Voice over. Very innovative & a Novel way to promote the Car. Fanstastic I say..!!

This is called as Marketing. I want to ask, where are the Promotions for the Linea T-Jet ? the car is going to be launched Next Month as per reports, still there are no teasers from the company.

The general public is unaware of a car called as Linea T-Jet is coming..!! Remember the Campaign for the Chevrolet Cruze ? Chevrolet started the campaign a month before the car was launched. They started the teasers early, and promoted the Car Heavily by tying up with Big Boss Season-3.

FIAT SHOULD come up with some innovative Advertising Campaign for the T-Jet, as the Car seems to have the potential to take on the Comeptition, if the small niggles which have plagued the currently available verson are taken care. What you guys Say ?

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 21st September 2010 at 11:41.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:57   #248
BHPian

Yes saw the add today in the morning, and the idea is awesome, Its up to TaTa to bring such innovtive ideas.
Last sunday i went to Balaji Motors, at Kalyan for Punto 90 Bhp Test Drive and when i asked the sales agent about the launch of Linea T jet, he told me Fiat is comming with 1.6 D, i asekd him to reconfirm, but he was like, he already had training on this and told its 120 Bhp.God, who really knows which car Fiat is launching..?Am sure we all will be happy if Fiat Launches Both the versions.
Old 21st September 2010, 13:00   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Last sunday i went to Balaji Motors, at Kalyan for Punto 90 Bhp Test Drive and when i asked the sales agent about the launch of Linea T jet, he told me Fiat is comming with 1.6 D
Interestingly, the same thing was told to me by the sales rep when I went to test Punto.
Old 21st September 2010, 13:49   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Did anyone of the forum members checked out the TOI Edition today ? Hats off to Volkswagen for the Innovative thinking that they are bringing in to promote the Vento.
They are attaching / pasting a small black plastic box with the News paper Edition, when you flip open the news paper this chip plays the voice over for describing the features of the Volkswagen Vento, when you flip close the paper it will stop the Voice over. Very innovative & a Novel way to promote the Car. Fanstastic I say..!!
Absolutely true (except that it scared the living day lights out of my wife when she opened the newspaper), it was a very catchy and innovative idea more so as VW is not such a well known brand in India (relatively). The germans are giving goose bumps to Honda. Safe to say 'God has blessed competition'.
Old 21st September 2010, 14:21   #251
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Yes saw the add today in the morning, and the idea is awesome, Its up to TaTa to bring such innovtive ideas.
Last sunday i went to Balaji Motors, at Kalyan for Punto 90 Bhp Test Drive and when i asked the sales agent about the launch of Linea T jet, he told me Fiat is comming with 1.6 D, i asekd him to reconfirm, but he was like, he already had training on this and told its 120 Bhp.God, who really knows which car Fiat is launching..?Am sure we all will be happy if Fiat Launches Both the versions.
Is about time that the 1.6 M-Jet comes to India. It is a great engine to start with and has got lots of tuning potential.
Old 21st September 2010, 14:47   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Is about time that the 1.6 M-Jet comes to India. It is a great engine to start with and has got lots of tuning potential.
exactly! I won't mind if they push an 1.6 MJD instead of 1.4T FIRE. ok,maybe just a bit. because it will increase my overall confusion on what to buy! :P
Old 21st September 2010, 15:38   #253
BHPian

Quote:
INFORMAL LAUNCH AND FIRST LOOK ON 21st sept.formal launch date will confirm
got the specs
114 ps / 207 nm torque turbocharged petrol engine,
16” alloy wheels with wider 205-55R16 tyres, front and rear disc
brakes, leather upholstery, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and the
Blue&Me technology
will get to drive it on monday 20th.will update
Can you help us out of this confusion with your updates, now that we are hearing about the launch of 1.6 Mulitjet. Which one is going to be released first, I doubt if both would be launched at the same time.
Old 21st September 2010, 19:05   #254
BHPian

TJET DRIVEN,TESTED AND EXPLOITED TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL
DROVE THE TJET AT A PRIVATE AIRSTRIP AT SAHARA AAMBY VALLEY,LONAVLA.TRUST ME WAS THE BEST AND SAFEST PLACE TO DRIVE EVER!
FIRST THINGS FIRST-0-100KM/H IN FLAT 11.14 secs
114bhp, 207nm torque, 205/55 inch goodyear,170mm clearance,16 inch alloys.
DRIVE EXPERIENCE
WAS A STRAIGHT AIRSTRIP AND HENCE NO HINDRANCES.OUTRIGHT ACCELARATION WILL PLEASE EVEN THE STAUNCHEST FIAT CRITIC!BRAKING FROM 80KM/H TO ZERO WAS VERY NEAT!BRAKED HARD ON GRAVEL at a speed of 100km/h and to tell the truth during those 4-5 seconds never did i feel unsafe!car sticks to its ground like anything!
later accelrated to around 100 in 5th gear and started slowing down without shifting the gear!wanted to check any knocking.when it came down to 35-40km/h pressed the accelerator fully down but not a single shudder or knock in 5th gear!they told me it was due to the heavy flywheel.did cornering at speeds of 60-70 and car was as stable and planted as i ever witnessed.then checked out in gear accelaration times and again will please every enthusiast.
speed breakers were also tested but dint scrape at all as it has ground clearance of 9 mm more than the current one.
then came the chance to do some drifts and cornering and again very neatly done by the tjet!
torque delivery is phenomenal to say the least!207nm at 220 nm!
that is around 40% more than the city i was told.
THE NEW AC UNIT PROMISES 25% MORE COOLING THAN THE CURRENT LINEA

TJET AVAILABLE IN EMOTION PACK ONLY
NEW FEATURES
1.ITALIAN LEATHER UPHOLSTERY
2.ALL 4 DICS BRAKES
3.16 INCH ALLOYS
4.CHROME EXHAUST
5.A NEW SUNBEAM BEIGE COLOUR
6.NEW ANTENNA DESIGN
7.REMOTE CONTROL FOR THE AUDIO SYSTEM
8.ALL 4 POWER WINDOWS AUTO DOWN FUNCTION

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS
TJET GOING TO BE LAUNCHED ONLY IN NCR,MUMBAI AND PUNE FOR THE FIRST 2 MONTHS[THESE MARKETS CONTRIBUTE MORE THAN HALF THE ALL INDIA C AND D SEGMENT SALES]

No Diesel 1.6.ignore The Speculation

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid using all Caps. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 21st September 2010 at 20:11. Reason: Posts merged. See note.
Old 21st September 2010, 19:19   #255
BHPian

Hey sidgo7, thanks for the short and sweet first driving impression. Sounds good.

Of course the launch cities is a dampener and hope the pricing doesn't mess up the final appeal with all the good stuff on offer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks