Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 23:00   #211
Senior - BHPian

I think , lullaby blue and foxtrot azure , are one and the same . I searched for the lullaby blue shade and it looks similar to the FT A .

I think , lullaby blue and foxtrot azure , are same . I searched for the lullaby blue shade and it looks similar to the FT A .

@ MODS : I am facing problems while posting the replies with my mobile . Please delete any one of the similar post .

Last edited by .anshuman : 15th September 2010 at 04:01. Reason: Back to back posts in less than 20 minutes.
Old 15th September 2010, 00:42   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Also which is the shade of Linea in post#202 by Blueangel180? Is it same F T Azure? .
The picture i posted IIRC is lullaby blue
Old 15th September 2010, 19:17   #213
BHPian

Linea Tjet Launch

INFORMAL LAUNCH AND FIRST LOOK ON 21st sept.formal launch date will confirm
got the specs
114 ps / 207 nm torque turbocharged petrol engine,
16” alloy wheels with wider 205-55R16 tyres, front and rear disc
brakes, leather upholstery, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and the
Blue&Me technology
will get to drive it on monday 20th.will update
Old 15th September 2010, 19:26   #214
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news. I hope they take care of the interiors and build quality this time. Keep us posted.
Old 15th September 2010, 21:34   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
got the specs
Blue&Me technology
Waiting with great anticipation.

Any info at this time on the number of variants or is it only going to be only a single fully loaded Emotion Pack variant?
Old 15th September 2010, 22:11   #216
Senior - BHPian

The wait is getting longer by the day. But then keeping fingers crosssed, had high expectations about the 90bhp Punto, but turned out that the car does not really feel different from its FGT counterpart. Who knows how this T-jet might feel on the real road.
Old 16th September 2010, 00:05   #217
BHPian

Quote:
got the specs
Blue&Me technology
We knew the tjet would have 200nm of torque which would be bang ahead of the city and now vento. But 113bhp is again just a couple of bhps short of the city. This is so much better than the initially mentioned 108 bhp on paper. I just hope FIAT have got the proper gear ratios with good initial acceleration till 100 km/hr and decent drivability . Bring it on FIAT and thanks for the awesome news sidgo.
Old 16th September 2010, 00:15   #218
BHPian

Great news!! Update on colours please

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This post has been deleted as it amounts to spamming. We would appreciate if you post only when you have something that is value-adding to the thread. Your support will greatly help in maintaining the high quality standards of Team-BHP. Thanks!

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th September 2010 at 00:22. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the post.
Old 16th September 2010, 03:31   #219
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
We knew the tjet would have 200nm of torque which would be bang ahead of the city and now vento. But 113bhp is again just a couple of bhps short of the city. This is so much better than the initially mentioned 108 bhp on paper. I just hope FIAT have got the proper gear ratios with good initial acceleration till 100 km/hr and decent drivability . Bring it on FIAT and thanks for the awesome news sidgo.
I wouldn't worry about the bhp figures. Fiat didn't calibrate the dice when they made the figures up on the T-Jets.

Respectable dynos all over Europe have measured between 12 and 20% more peak power. Additionally for as little as 20k Rs peak power delivery can be increased by another 20% with massive bottom end torque increase.
Old 16th September 2010, 08:17   #220
Senior - BHPian

I don't know know much about turbo petrols so asking a newbie question. Is there an appreciable turbo lag in petrol turbos too? I think there will definitely be a turbo lag in any vehicle that has a turbo, but I just wanted to know whether its as bad as in diesel lower down the rev range till the turbo spools in. Or may be not as petrols are inherently better to drive lower down the rev range. Gurus kindly clear my doubts.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:19   #221
BHPian

I don't think we have to worry about the bhp figures. The antique gearbox is main cause of concern. and turbo lag can also spell doom.
Old 16th September 2010, 16:03   #222
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I don't know know much about turbo petrols so asking a newbie question. Is there an appreciable turbo lag in petrol turbos too? I think there will definitely be a turbo lag in any vehicle that has a turbo, but I just wanted to know whether its as bad as in diesel lower down the rev range till the turbo spools in. Or may be not as petrols are inherently better to drive lower down the rev range. Gurus kindly clear my doubts.
The turbo lag depends on the design of the air intake before the turbo, the size of the turbo, the kind of the turbo, the location of the turbo,the volume to supply between turbo and valves, the flow characteristics of pipe and intercooler, the throttle control, the ECU settings, the compression ratio, the flow characteristics of the head and the exhaust design. I think I have listed all major contributors.

The T-Jet engine comes normally aspirated with up to 107bhp as standard. With a proper AIR (air intake revision) and proper re-map (with dyno use no tuning box) 128bhp have been seen in several cases and usually are all over 120bhp.

Compare this with the turbo output of the T-Jet. The maximum we got out with the turbo on the T-jet was 164bhp, which includes exhaust and AIR. This means the turbo is very small and therefore you will find that the lag is so little that it does not affect the driving at all. Even the Abarth SS versions with the much bigger turbo has got comparatively little lag.
Old 16th September 2010, 16:52   #223
Senior - BHPian

LINEA T - JET to be launched on 8th of october .
Source : :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Last edited by fz_rider : 16th September 2010 at 16:55.
Old 17th September 2010, 02:18   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I don't expect any major promotions / advertisements from Fiat. It took them more than a year to make a India specific TV ad for the Punto. The Linea T-Jet is yet to be launched !!
From what I've read on this forum only is that the responsibility of marketing rests with Tata and Fiat has nothing to do with it, so the blame actually should be on tata.

Quote:
got the specs
Blue&Me technology
Great news sidgo. Boy oh boy I cant wait to see the T-Jet's performance reviews.
Old 17th September 2010, 08:08   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
The turbo lag depends on the design of the air intake before the turbo, the size of the turbo, the kind of the turbo, the location of the turbo,the volume to supply between turbo and valves, the flow characteristics of pipe and intercooler, the throttle control, the ECU settings, the compression ratio, the flow characteristics of the head and the exhaust design. I think I have listed all major contributors.
^^ - A wonderful post stating the misconception, many have about Turbo Chargers and the Turbo Lag.

In-fact, I've known of instances wherein the same TC used in the same engine used by different manufacturers yield different results!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed