Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:02   #301
BHPian

If the torque figures are to be believed 21.1kgm@2200rpm (no reason to doubt them). This is one hell of a city car too(turning radius not withstanding). For a person with 90% city driving like me thats music. Ok, i'll just skip the U-turns and take the longer route around ;-)
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:27   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Extremely well said both of you.
Looks like fiat has messed up yet again.
Still waiting for GTO;s review for the final word.

This is how it stands.
Forget VW diesel. Even the Honda city fares better in each and every aspect of performance.
This is what the autocar says.
Friends, performance is not all about 0-100
Also, if some cars have slightly better acceleration, the handling & stability of Linea is unparalleled in this segment. The Linea is heavier than the City or Vento & this has its own advantages.

There is no doubt that this car is a very serious competitor to City & given the features, it even tramples the City in many departments. It's got the goods, now, only to see how it sells.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:31   #303
J.Ravi

Glad to know that Fiat Linea T-Jet is getting launched with power, performance and features like 113 bhp at 5000 rpm and the best-in-class 207 Nm at 2200 rpm, meaty 205/55R16 tyres, all disc-brakes, imported leather upholstery, innovative marketing strategy, etc. that will make Fiat India overcome its depressive mood and compete with the segment and market leaders.

Fiat India should give custom-built accessories option for its elite customers, who could afford to pay the extra cost for features like hill-holder assist, rain-sensitive wipers, light-sensitive headlamps, reverse parking sensors, etc., which Fiat Linea T-Jet rightly deserves to have.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 23rd September 2010 at 09:35.

Old 23rd September 2010, 09:39   #304
BHPian

Its a big thumps up for FIAT for launching such a drool machine. The Product as is would be a threat to any other offerings available in the market.I still wonder how FIAT is able to sell these many cars with the attitude of sales persons in showroom (atleast for me it was never a good experience).Get Sales and service experience right and this would definitely sell in good volumes.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:40   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Linea has finally got the engine it deserved! I feel sad for the Fiat bashers, they have just the A.S.S to complaint about.
Please don't consider me a fiat basher. I am not, I own a fiat and love it, if only for the a.s.s. I will stick to what I said earlier though, nothing wrong with this engine but it should have been there right from when linea was launched.

As for fuel quality, it certainly has improved compared to earlier times even here, mainly thanks to environmental regulations but like you said, it may be tuned more for mileage.

Anyway let more drive reports come by as well as let us drive it before judging its performance capability as compared to other similar cars.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:52   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Please don't consider me a fiat basher. I am not, I own a fiat and love it, if only for the a.s.s. I will stick to what I said earlier though, nothing wrong with this engine but it should have been there right from when linea was launched.
I am sorry but I dont really understand what exactly is it that you want Fiat to do? You want the best looking car with best equipment levels which also happens to be the longest one in its class for the price of a Jazz and then you say that they should have launched it with a turbocharged petrol engine?
Linea is a reasonably well received product in the market and I would say this is the best time to launch this product.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:08   #307
BHPian

Guys, even if 0-100 really takes 12 sec, this car will stand apart in driving please from other cars because of the low end torque. For instance, for ANHC to achieve the best 0-100, one has to go all the way till 7000 rpm or more, its smooth engine notwithstanding, because i-vtec kicks in after 3500 rpm. Though I had always believed that I can drive the Linea better than the auto megazines due to its characteristic gear ratios, it is still decent I would say.

Now the major problem will be its fuel efficiency if it fails to return at least 16 Kmph on highway on a regular carefree drive. Whoever says, mileage does not matter, it does matter to most people, whether 10L or 20L car.
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:35   #308
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,

The ACI link for T-Jet is up@ Linea T-Jet review, test drive | Autocar India.

Although ACI is my fav mag; and the one that I remotely trust, I will want to wait for our own GTO to do us some favours GTO, is the drive on or are you guys planning to give this a skip?

ACI says 12.0 sec 0-100. From a car that is all about performance, I may be left wanting. But then I haven't driven one myself to pass judgement. Anyway, I generally believe that most journos tend to give ANHC an invincible feel.
The carwale article says they achieved 0-100 in 11.9 secs and that was not under standard test condition. They mentioned specifically that they should be able to achieve better figures in standard test conditions and might be near or equal to what Fiat says - 11.14 secs for 0-100. Please refer to article's second page here http://www.carwale.com/research/road...id=95&pageId=2. It also mentions the plastic quality have been improved.

Also the other paragraph in the article about the niceties by Fiat for Tjet owners, it looks like Fiat is giving importance to customers.

So you never know whom to believe (Autocar or Carwale). I guess we should wait for our own GTO for getting correct figures. GTO are you listening?

Last edited by gou : 23rd September 2010 at 12:42. Reason: adding url for carwale article
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:48   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Dont think this variant is targetted at 'Kitna deti hai' crowd.
The UK Spec GP gives an FE of 9.5 KMPL. In our indian driving conditions, expect it to fall well below 8 KMPL. I am sure that is going to bring back Fiat's reputation as a gas guzzler. It does matter a lot for Fiat in India!
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:33   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The UK Spec GP gives an FE of 9.5 KMPL. In our indian driving conditions, expect it to fall well below 8 KMPL. I am sure that is going to bring back Fiat's reputation as a gas guzzler. It does matter a lot for Fiat in India!
The Indian T-Jet is detuned for this particular reason. The ARAI FE figure was mentioned as 14.xx (in the carwale review IIRC), which i think is higher than the 1.4 NA engine..(13.9).
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:13   #311
BHPian

Isnt the TJet (or any turbo for that matter)supposed to give better FE than the NA engines. I am assuming it should give atleast 1-1.5 more kms/ltr than the current engine.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:40   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Isnt the TJet (or any turbo for that matter)supposed to give better FE than the NA engines. I am assuming it should give atleast 1-1.5 more kms/ltr than the current engine.
+1, Turbo charged engines are supposed to give Good FE, it is a known fact, as the Gear Changes are reduced compared to the NA version.

I dont know why people are getting confused on the FE Front. The ARAI figures (Posted on review by Carwale), also suggest improvement in the T-Jet FE as compared to the Current 1.4 Version.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 23rd September 2010 at 16:41.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:10   #313
BHPian

I do not understand why people are complaining about the 0-100 timing of 12 secs. How many of them actually do that in real life?? People buy a car according to their needs. If the linea T-jet suits your need buy it, if the city suits you buy it. You cannot judge a car merely on its 0-100 timing. There is no perfect car. At last fiat listened to its customers and brought in what was needed. Now over to fiat to further improve the ownership experience.
Performance along with ride and handling is the USP of this car. I have not seen any car in the segment show this balance (maybe fiesta).
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:52   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I do not understand why people are complaining about the 0-100 timing of 12 secs. How many of them actually do that in real life??
Well, I need that !. And I know at least five of them who need that (or do that).

Now dont bash me !.
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:11   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I do not understand why people are complaining about the 0-100 timing of 12 secs. How many of them actually do that in real life?? People buy a car according to their needs. If the linea T-jet suits your need buy it, if the city suits you buy it. You cannot judge a car merely on its 0-100 timing. There is no perfect car. At last fiat listened to its customers and brought in what was needed. Now over to fiat to further improve the ownership experience.
Performance along with ride and handling is the USP of this car. I have not seen any car in the segment show this balance (maybe fiesta).
I agree no one does 0-100 sprint in real life but the reason we look at these figures is because they give us a fair idea about the performance of the car.

It would be unfair to say anything about the car before taking a test drive or reading some official test drive reports.

On paper it looks great !! but so did Punto 90HP...so lets wait for the official test drive report and figures

cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks