Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 21:59   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmi View Post
Linea T-Jet Review on CnB Show Link :Tubaah: New and improved Linea, i10
Well just saw the video and the one thing that rang my bell the most was that the anchor specifically mentions the use of better plastic in the dash board (you can actually see it!). He also goes on to say that this is specific to T-Jet and the other Lineas get the same plastic as before.
Old 25th September 2010, 22:45   #347
BHPian

Interesting reads, the various brief test reports of mags were. If one could average them out, everyone seems to agree that the Linea Tjet is not just an improved Linea, but a challenger to the ANHC and Vento as well.

And I think I more than agree to that. While Autocar's mentioned 12 secs doesn't seem class leading and must have disappointed a few of us here, I think the actual figures would be more like 11 odd secs. But what makes the Linea a performance threat is the real world bursts of acceleration. One simply cannot argue with 200 NM of torque in a petrol car. What that means is that Linea would be great for that quick overtaking, for that immediate fun you can have when your normally congested city road opens up at times.

Simply means that it shall be the quickest car in real world city driving where probably 80% of us would belong to. I own a ANHC and a Verna and I've observed that the City makes most of it's peak power at the higher revs and hence generally goes unused most of the time in the city and hence I end up having more fun in the Verna. The City would only claw back when the road actually opens up and gives you time to make the engine sing at the high rpms.

The Linea Tjet might just end up as the most fun petrol car in it's segment and the best performance all rounder there too, given that it's just behind the City in the 0-100 times and the in gear accelerations and that wave of torque which would be a boon in the city.
Add to that the brilliant ride and handling package, the other cars need to be really afraid...
Old 25th September 2010, 23:31   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
Interesting reads, the various brief test reports of mags were. If one could average them out, everyone seems to agree that the Linea Tjet is not just an improved Linea, but a challenger to the ANHC and Vento as well.

And I think I more than agree to that. While Autocar's mentioned 12 secs doesn't seem class leading and must have disappointed a few of us here, I think the actual figures would be more like 11 odd secs. But what makes the Linea a performance threat is the real world bursts of acceleration. One simply cannot argue with 200 NM of torque in a petrol car. What that means is that Linea would be great for that quick overtaking, for that immediate fun you can have when your normally congested city road opens up at times.

Simply means that it shall be the quickest car in real world city driving where probably 80% of us would belong to. I own a ANHC and a Verna and I've observed that the City makes most of it's peak power at the higher revs and hence generally goes unused most of the time in the city and hence I end up having more fun in the Verna. The City would only claw back when the road actually opens up and gives you time to make the engine sing at the high rpms.

The Linea Tjet might just end up as the most fun petrol car in it's segment and the best performance all rounder there too, given that it's just behind the City in the 0-100 times and the in gear accelerations and that wave of torque which would be a boon in the city.
Add to that the brilliant ride and handling package, the other cars need to be really afraid...
I must say that, Flash777, being an owner of an ANHC and a newbie (that is till the last post) you've written a very apt post and I totally agree with all that you've mentioned. I'm also of the opinion that T-Jet would be quicker than all (in its segment) in these short quick bursts and would be a more fun to drive. Linea's handling would only add to the cause. Now I dont know if Linea would win a drag against ANHC!
Old 26th September 2010, 13:20   #349
BHPian

The New Color (Sunbeam Beige) which would be exclusive to the 1.4 T-Jet, looks really classy. I hope they also come up with an Autobox sooner to compete with City AT and Vento AT.
Old 26th September 2010, 14:33   #350
BHPian

God only knows what triggered FIAT to not launch Linea T-JET at the very first instance when they even launched Linea in India.
This is the car that would be making a difference now for FIAT especially since the car already was a stunner in looks & now the heart has gone for a replacement for betterment & also the interior quality has been improved...its a vale for money car according to me (but thats just me)
Old 26th September 2010, 16:38   #351
BHPian

Saw a TJet.

Was walking around the back area of concorde today and happened to see a golden linea, admired it and was moving on when I was like , nice alloys and the next moment I was like Oh hell this is THE LINEA, the rear badging was covered but the design of the alloys gave it away. Looks like a wolf in the sheeps clothing. The leather seats looked awesome, the upholstery itself looked very upmarket. The seats were porous, as in they way they have on cars with seat heating and cooling, no harm in wishing,right? Also there was lots of chrome on the interiors, on the AC vents, the metal strip that runs along the facia(3rd pic). The beige black interiors looked great. Materials and plastics looked great. Trust me my face was plastered on the glass, Finally had to leave when my better half lost her cool lol. The alloys and 16 inchers look awesome, They have a shorter roof antenna but no shark fin as shown in the expo. Shark fin would have been the cherry on top, literally.Here are the pics. Sadly Couldnt take more pics as my better half stormed away. The sales rep mentioned that the magazines which had taken the car for tests had abused it badly and the tyres had burn out completely
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-26092010302.jpg  

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-26092010303.jpg  

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-26092010304.jpg  

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-26092010305.jpg  

Last edited by MihirC : 26th September 2010 at 16:43.
Old 26th September 2010, 16:57   #352
UKR
BHPian

Were the selected parts of the front grill shown below chrome plated in the T-Jet you saw?
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-grill.jpg
Old 26th September 2010, 17:09   #353
BHPian

To be honest I do not know as the car was quite dirty from all the testing it had been thru. Hopefully our GTO is one of the people who tested it.
Old 26th September 2010, 19:56   #354
BHPian

@MihirC: So does the presence of a T-Jet at your dealership means that it's already with the dealers?

I wonder what happens to all these test mules after the magazines are done with them!
Old 26th September 2010, 20:29   #355
Senior - BHPian

I am in love all over again. The stock alloys are one of the best looking on any car, any segment, the new color rocks and the engine I am sure will be a real performer in the real world. To top it all, the interiors are real classy and the leather seats look awesome! Sigh! If only I had a better paying job! :(
Old 26th September 2010, 20:55   #356

I am sold . When will it get to Bangalore?
Old 26th September 2010, 21:54   #357
Senior - BHPian

Confusion galore !!!!! Spoilt for choice !!!!!!

I think "car buying" was NEVER as difficult as it is today One is totally spoilt for choice.

The days of the Fiat & Ambassador were nice in this respect. The only worry one ever had was the colour of choice.

Now you choose between a pocket rocket, a frugal sedan, a super fast sedan, an SUV or a SUV pretender, a super luxury SUV, a super luxury sedan.....

Good & confusing times are rolling !!

Cheers
Old 26th September 2010, 21:56   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
@MihirC: So does the presence of a T-Jet at your dealership means that it's already with the dealers?

I wonder what happens to all these test mules after the magazines are done with them!
Well I dont think it was a test mule, I guess it was one of the vehicles meant for test drives. I enquired and whatI was told was the test drive cars are usually sold off by the company as used cars.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:03   #359
BHPian

Watched the initial report on Fiat Linea T Jet today in Car & Bike Show & from the feel of it..Fiat has hit the right chord this time, though a bit late since the car was launched quite sometime back.

Overall drivability of car with better power at low RPM is great & with that 200 Nm of torque this petrol car is definitely looking to be a perfect combination of Beauty & Beast. Interiors of the cars have seen a slight upgrade in terms of better plastic quality and lot of chrome.

If one wants to have a value for money car in terms of overall package, besides Honda City, VW Vento, I personally believe Fiat Linea TJet is a serious contender....What do you think?
Old 26th September 2010, 22:56   #360
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mihir for sharing the pictures.
The Lines T-Jet does seem to have a lot going for it, but I am not too optimistic about the sales taking off. But boy, am I glad that it's here.

I checked out the Siddharth Patankar's review of the car, and it was quite underwhelming. While discussing the external changes, he failed to mention the exhaust tip being different, and he quoted performance figures released by Fiat (I'd have hoped that a TV network would be able to spare the moolah to buy a VBox). What he did mention, was the fact that there was still no auto option. I do think that an automatic makes a lot of sense for Indian traffic conditions, but for the larger cars, it has to be a 'diesel' automatic. I don't know the sales figures, but it seems to me that a petrol automatic in the C-segment won't really do that well.

If Fiat does decide to launch a large Multijet engine in the Linea, that's when the automatic transmission needs to be an option. Fiat needs to move fast.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks