Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 12:31   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator: Please stick to Linea T-Jet discussion here, discuss Tata-Fiat strategies in the appropriate thread. Further off-topic posts will be deleted and may attract infraction. Thanks
Old 7th October 2010, 13:45   #497
BHPian

Sharing my opinion on Linea T-Jet launch. Mods, please delete entire post if you think its OT.

Fiat wants to boost Linea sales. The strategy chosen for the same is,

Launching same car with a 3rd engine option which is more powerful:

I think changing heart of a car does not convey a positive signal at all. They should have offered 1.4 T-Jet and 1.3 MJD from Day1, but they missed the boat by not offering their best to the Indian Consumers. Now I think its too late. I believe Fiat should have stuck with 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 MJD for Linea. As an end user IMHO adding a 3rd engine option is gonna confuse prospective customers further. This is like launching a limited edition. Expect enthusists, going by Indian Mentality people would stay away from this irrespective of goodies offered, because of the fear associated with Limited Edition cars and not so sure motive behind launching them.

what other options did Fiat have apart from launching T-Jet in Linea?

One I can think of is,

Improve Interiors, A$$ and launch a promotion campaign:
Probably they should have spent the money on improving the Interiors and A$$ and launched/promoted Linea for 2011 with highlight on the its USP and further improvements.

As far as T-Jet is concerned now, I believe Fiat would have a car in the Cruze segment in their stable. Could they not have launched a car with 1.4 T-Jet and 1.6/1.9 MJD in this segment?
Old 7th October 2010, 16:11   #498
BHPian

While coming from Nasik today a maroon car zoomed past me.I was at around 130kmph so the car zooming past me must be around 150 the way it dissapeard.It was a linea t-jet.It looked mean the way it was zooming ahead on those fat tyres.I upped the speed as well and managed to it in sight near Igatpuri.But it was smoking a lot.A lot of white smoke was coming out of the exhaust
Old 7th October 2010, 21:43   #499
BHPian

Is there a launch of T-Jet tomorrow?

Is there a launch of T-Jet tomorrow? On various forums, 8th Oct'10 was declared as a probable date of T-Jet launch. But if we see the pindrop silence from FIAT side, I really doubt about launch of T-jet by end of this month. Let us wait and watch. If they have cushion of 2-3 weeks in hand they should start teasers on TV, newspapers and put hordings in cities so that it will create curiosity amongst general public.
Old 8th October 2010, 08:36   #500
BHPian

Any News

Its of October 8th. Guys, any news regarding the launch? The only difference I could make out is features list updated in the fiat-india website which now includes the T-jet specific ones.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-fiat.jpg  

Old 8th October 2010, 09:17   #501
Senior - BHPian

The launch is today in a short while from now.
Old 8th October 2010, 09:28   #502
Senior - BHPian

T-Jet launch confirmed by Fiat on Facebook. They will have a Brand Ambassador for T-Jet as well as per the update.
Old 8th October 2010, 09:30   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
T-Jet launch confirmed by Fiat on Facebook. They will have a Brand Ambassador for T-Jet as well as per the update.
can you share the FB link please?
Old 8th October 2010, 09:35   #504
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
can you share the FB link please?
Here is the FaceBook link.

Fiat Fans (India) | Facebook
Old 8th October 2010, 09:46   #505
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy this image of a Romanian model.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-fiatlineatjettest104.jpg  

Old 8th October 2010, 10:41   #506
Senior - BHPian

FIAT INDIA fanpage of FACEBOOK :
Launch is scheduled to take place at around noon ! A female brand ambassador is going to be announced in the evening !
Old 8th October 2010, 10:43   #507
BHPian

Has Fiat not released any Newspaper Advts in the Launch cities today?? I also went through e-paper of mumbai TOI no advts!!! What is Fiat thinking it can sell cars without Advts?? After Vento advt i was expecting a bigger and more creative bang from Linea.

Today morning i was expecting boarders from mumbai, dehi, b'lore to give all the juicy details, but we'll have to wait a bit more i guess :-(
Old 8th October 2010, 10:45   #508
BANNED

Expect ads from Fiat tomorrow or Sunday. Ads are generally put once a product is launched!
Old 8th October 2010, 10:56   #509
BHPian

Good to know the T-Jet will be finally launched. The VW Vento does seem to have hastened Fiat's plan to launch this car in India. So its now a tussle between ANHC, Vento Petrol & the T-Jet assuming that the T-Jet will be available in all cities soon. The ANHC might still win the race but the T-Jet has the best specs among the 3 cars (power though slightly lower than the ANHC). Its good to see Fiat working on the interiors and fit-finish of the T-Jet; something that has always been criticized in the previous Linea.

Lets hope the Grande Punto too gets the T-Jet engine in the near future for those enthusiasts who are in the market for a power-packed hatchback. A petrol hatchback with a turbo charged engine will be the first of its kind in India.

@sidindica - that's an awesome picture. Looks 10/10.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th October 2010 at 11:02.
Old 8th October 2010, 10:58   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Expect ads from Fiat tomorrow or Sunday. Ads are generally put once a product is launched!
Dude, Toyota has come out with and Ad for Etios already in todays TOI, last page. The advertising for Vento was thru the roof even before getting launched.

I feel FIAT is really being silly and It hurts man. Everyone else advertises so much irrespective of the car they are launching, and FIAT with such excellent products keeps mum. In fact the advertising should have been much more aggresive I feel, a sort of teaser advert.

Keeping my fingers crossed that FIAT has a good publicity plan for the Tjet.Sushmita Sen is supposed to be the brand ambassador.

Last edited by MihirC : 8th October 2010 at 11:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed