Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 14:16   #541
BHPian

I'm surprised everyone is seeming to applaud the pricing.
I personally feel that at 9.3 lacs ex showroom (10lacs OTR) is expensive.
At these prices linea would remain a FAN-boy car, appealing only to enthusiasts, it will lack the mass appeal. The general buyer would feel "I better put 10 lacs in ANHC than in a FIAT"

This pricing would make ANHC rightly priced. (There has been a lot of cribbing of Honda overcharging)
Old 8th October 2010, 14:23   #542
Senior - BHPian

@Sunnyside- I think why people say that ANHC is over priced is because of lack of some features at that price tag of 9lacs which are even present in premium hatchbacks these days.
But yes, I think a normal person would settle for Linea MJD at that price to take advantage of diesel. T-Jet will attract only the enthusiasts.
Old 8th October 2010, 14:31   #543
superveloce

Press Release

Fiat launches its next generation Linea T- Jet redefining the luxury & performance benchmark in the C plus segment

~ ‘Admiration guaranteed’ for the New Linea T-Jet with best in class features and performance ~

~ Plans to launch the car in a phased manner in key metros –Delhi/NCR/Mumbai/Pune ~

Mumbai, October 08, 2010: Fiat India Automobiles’ C+ segment offering Linea won many admirers when it was first launched in January 2009. Today with the launch of the next generation Linea T-Jet, the company is ready to redefine the performance and luxury benchmarks in the C+ segment. With an array of best in class features the new Italian beauty is reminiscent of higher segment cars. With a brand new T-Jet engine, the new Linea will be a powerhouse. The new imported power train delivers 114 PS power and an unbelievable torque of 207 Nm, enough to leave all its competitors behind. With this, the Fiat Linea will be the first and only car in the premium sedan segment to boast of a turbo charged petrol engine.

Highlights
o New T Jet engine with class leading 207 Nm torque & 114 PS power

o 7 class leading features. Performance, Safety & Luxury redefined

o Overall 13 new equipment /features

o Improved fuel efficiency

o Introductory prices add to festive season cheer

o Initial launch in NCR, Mumbai & Pune. Other markets launch in phased manner, dealers would accept bookings.

o In the launch markets the network has been spruced up to welcome the new products, with 8 new pop-up stores in malls

o A brand new 360 degree campaign has been rolled out

o The launch is supported by the customer centric service initiative Fiat First

o Growing Service Network – from 77 POS to 160 POS in less than 18 months

o Best in class Service Interval of 15000 kms

o Genuine Spare Parts at Competitive Prices

o 24 x 7 Roadside Assistance

o Best-in-Class Warranty Coverage of 50 months

The Fiat Linea T-Jet with 13 new features and 7 class leading equipments is sure to delight its owners. The car sets new benchmarks in the areas of performance, safety, comfort, ride , handling and in- car infotainment.

Safety: All 4 disc brakes (a first in the segment), Dual airbags, ABS with EBD
Ride and handling: Bigger 16 inch alloy wheels with wider 205/55 R16 tyres and longest wheel base of 2603mm and enhanced ground clearance of 170mm.

Luxurious interiors: Premium imported leather upholstery and soft touch dashboard with chrome accents. Cabin comfort is ensured with Auto air conditioning, with rear knee & foot level AC vents.

Infotainment: Proprietary ‘Blue and Me” technology and unique ‘My car’ features and many more.

The good news extends to the pricing with the car being available in two variants at a special introductory period price.

Ex-showroom Delhi:
T Jet Rs. 8.55 lacs
T Jet Plus Rs.8.99 lacs

Ex-showroom Mumbai:
T Jet Rs. 8.84 lacs
T Jet Plus Rs.9.29 lacs

Fiat India will initially focus on two of the most important markets, Mumbai / Pune and Delhi / NCR, which constitute 60% sales volume in the C plus segment. With its focus on these important markets and other top metros, Fiat expects to drive in the Linea T-Jet with a vroom.

Speaking on the launch of the all new Linea, Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, President & CEO, Fiat India Automobiles Ltd said, “We are pronouncing the Linea T-Jet as refined luxury & power. The Linea T-Jet is a product that has been refined according to the feedback received from existing and potential customers. It literally sets a benchmark in the C plus segment with its robust engine and the never ending list of features. The new Linea offers a perfect blend of sophisticated style, guaranteed performance, class leading comfort, outstanding ride and handling with unbeatable toughness. Linea T-Jet is sure to give competition in the C plus segment, a run for its money.”
The beautiful and performance oriented Linea T-Jet is available in eight colours including the new spectacular Sunbeam Beige colour. The car will be available at Tata Fiat showrooms in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi and NCR before it is launched in a phased wise manner across the country.
The Linea has won many hearts with its tangible attributes and its creative campaign which had everyone humming the “Admiration Guaranteed” tune. The new Linea T-Jet will continue to melt hearts with the launch of a new chapter of this popular campaign.

Old 8th October 2010, 14:39   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
The general buyer would feel "I better put 10 lacs in ANHC than in a FIAT"
Sunnyside, no offense but when you say "general buyer", who exactly are you referring to? The truly general buyer with 10 lacs to spend or a Honda fan?

To me, the Linea T-jet, even at this price, would be far more VFM than the ANHC - that list of features as well as the engine would just blow the ANHC away. Mind you, this is just MHO as a "general buyer".

Although, I'd probably end up buying the Diesel Vento out of the three
Old 8th October 2010, 14:50   #545
BHPian

They should have launched in Bangalore at least, where maximum number of Linea are seen on the roads. I can hardly find Linea in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkota. Not sure of Mumbai though.
Old 8th October 2010, 14:54   #546
BHPian

Not much price difference between Linea and City...
Old 8th October 2010, 14:55   #547
BHPian

New ANHC model against Tjet

Just to counter the the launch of the Tjet, Honda has launched a new variant of ANHC called "Exclusive" with leather seats and a few other goodies. ANHC sales wont be affected for sure but it seems Honda doesnt want to take any chances. Ex Delhi is 9.53L.

Last edited by MihirC : 8th October 2010 at 14:57.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:00   #548
BHPian

Quote:
@suman: Sunnyside, no offense but when you say "general buyer", who exactly are you referring to? The truly general buyer with 10 lacs to spend or a Honda fan?
Ofcourse no offences..now and ever, the whole point of being on T-BHP is to have all POVs on the board.

When i say general buyer, i mean 80-90% of the public with 8-10lacs to spend and who are smart, value concious & moreover are brought up on Amby's, Padminis, Dolphins, Contessa and lately Marutis. (People like you and me are a minority)

With regards to VFM its different for different people, if broadly put they can be divided into 3 segments.
  1. Mass Appeal: For these VFM is not only features,power, but also resale value & utility. This segment can make a few compromises.
  2. Enthusiasts: For them its more of Features, Power & "Sosha" (Boasting ability of the car). Also can make a few compromises, but are edgy on "What if situations"
  3. The ++ Segment: For them VFM would be " I like this car and i want it" till the new car catches their fancy, which maybe 3 months down the line or 1 year..
Marketeers tend to get swayed by enthusiasts, but the bread lies in the mass segment.

Now with regards to Linea T-Jet, a typical indian consumer would think, why dont i buy the Linea MJD instead. Its cheaper, its Diesel & its almost like the one i like!! Dont be surprised if MJD cannibalises T-jet.

Taking this point forward, i have a question: Would the soft feel plastics be extended to MJDs & Non T-jet models??

BTW: I'm a general buyer trying to be an enthusiast ;-)

Last edited by sunnyside : 8th October 2010 at 15:08.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:09   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This pricing has taken the Linea Petrol straight into the Honda City territory. Now there will be loads of comparison between the two with regards to which one will be more VFM.

This car was on my radar until i bought the one that i bought. I am curious to see the full fledged reviews of the Linea T-Jet. I am sure now with 110 horses it should be a lot fun to drive and push in the corners.

Anyone knows the comparison of power-to-weight of Linea Tjet vs. Honda City?
The power-weight ratio of the ANHC I'm sure would be much higher than the T-Jet (I estimate 100+ for ANHC vs mid 80s for the T-Jet). The sparse equipment list of the ANHC (rear drums, no ACC, no CD player, no Blue N Me, etc.) makes the T-Jet look like a VFM in all respects. Build quality, driving dynamics and high speed stability wise, the ANHC will not even come close to the Linea T-Jet. All this inspite of the fact that the ANHC is a formidable car in itself.

9L ex-showroom for the T-Jet IMO is a very good price. The A-S-S has to back this up to drive home the sales figures.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th October 2010 at 15:11.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:12   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Goes like a rocket. Pulls like a locomotive. The Linea T-jet.
The ad says: "Probably the only place you can spot it is a Tata-Fiat showroom".

Might as well turn out to be true, given the prices

I'm not sure if the T-jet can take the fight to ANHC, given the ANHC's reputation and position in the segment. It might provide some competition to the Vento petrol, though.

Then again, Chevy launched the "diesel rocket" in a segment dominated by Honda/Toyota and is doing quite well. Hopefully, the "petrol rocket" will work wonders for Fiat.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:12   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Just to counter the the launch of the Tjet, Honda has launched a new variant of ANHC called "Exclusive" with leather seats and a few other goodies.
Isn't that the one they're calling "LE" (which most of us thought would mean "Limited Edition" but now turns out to be "Leather" )?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
Now with regards to Linea T-Jet, a typical indian consumer would think, why dont i buy the Linea MJD instead. Its cheaper, its Diesel & its almost like the one i like!! Dont be surprised if MJD cannibalises T-jet.
To be honest, I don't think the typical Indian customer would have been waiting for the T-jet launch either. The T-jet has its own following, primarily more of the enthusiasts (most of whom wouldn't pick the ANHC). I would think it could even take a swipe at the segment that has the Fiesta 1.6 admirers at the moment.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:13   #552
Senior - BHPian

If the marketing is done properly for the T-Jet and Fiat advertises what it needs to, i feel they will succeed in atleast getting people to consider the Linea (especially ANHC customers, since they are anyway looking at a petrol car). This may result in more people walking into Fiat showrooms to check out the car, test drive it, etc.. and if FIAT really deliver on the superior customer experience for the T-Jet they can convert quite a few potential customers positively.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 8th October 2010 at 15:16.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:17   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Fiat launches its next generation Linea T- Jet redefining the luxury & performance benchmark in the C plus segment

Ex-showroom Delhi:
T Jet Rs. 8.55 lacs
T Jet Plus Rs.8.99 lacs

Ex-showroom Mumbai:
T Jet Rs. 8.84 lacs
T Jet Plus Rs.9.29 lacs
The new Linea T-Jet will continue to melt hearts with the launch of a new chapter of this popular campaign.
In Bangalore the prices of the above two will be further high. On top of that add obscene road tax which has to be paid here.
The cost of T-Jet Plus will definitely be > ANHC.

Did Fiat again make a mistake on pricing aspects?( Everything else looks fabulous, at least the features.) Hope not.
One will have to wait and see.
Earlier thought was that Vento and Linea T-Jet will give Honda a run for their money resulting in better choices for customer.
Today in TOI there was a special edition Honda advertisment. Can Japs start thinking of withdrawing all these special edition cars or at least the ads for their cars after seeing Linea prices? Hope not

Last edited by bkbkr1212 : 8th October 2010 at 15:31. Reason: addition to last sentence
Old 8th October 2010, 15:24   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post

Safety: All 4 disc brakes (a first in the segment)

That's not true. Hyundai Verna, a competitor in this segment, that I bought in Feb 08 had all disc brakes.

Cheers,
Old 8th October 2010, 15:26   #555
BHPian

I think there couldn't have been a better pricing. Can anyone tell me how much would honda ask for a turbo'ed ANHC? not that the car could handle a tubro like the linea can.

This is too much car for the money. I hope the comments about imperfect plastics have been taken care of. That would shut 'em critics up.

P.S: "kitna deti he?" : "city se zyada". ( " what's the mileage?": " more than city").
P.P.S: If I recall correctly, this car is Euro V/BH V complaint.
P.P.P.S: "Bache ki jaan loge kya?" ( "want to kill a poor pretty child?").

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 8th October 2010 at 15:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed