Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 15:37   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
That's not true. Hyundai Verna, a competitor in this segment, that I bought in Feb 08 had all disc brakes.

Cheers,
But didn't Hyundai Verna offers all four disc brakes only in the Diesel variant?
I think Fiat here is only talking of Petrol sedans of the segment. Because "Linea" belongs to C-segment(petrols and diesels included) but T-Jet is restricted to the Petrol C-segment.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 8th October 2010 at 15:51. Reason: typo
Old 8th October 2010, 15:44   #557
BHPian

Quote:
The ad says: "Probably the only place you can spot it is a Tata-Fiat showroom".

Might as well turn out to be true, given the prices
Well Said Starry Sky

Quote:
To be honest, I don't think the typical Indian customer would have been waiting for the T-jet launch either. The T-jet has its own following, primarily more of the enthusiasts (most of whom wouldn't pick the ANHC). I would think it could even take a swipe at the segment that has the Fiesta 1.6 admirers at the moment.
I fully agree typical Indian customer would'nt have been waiting for T-Jet, i think FIAT is targetting the enthusiasts initially, but they have to wake up to the sales figures sooner rather than later. I really wish FIAT is successfull in India.. we need to wait a few months to know that.

No car company can sustain itself with 1500 -2000 units/per month, but Fiat has played it smartly with saving a huge investment on distribution & A$$ by tying up with TATA. So theoretically if they do not suceed, they can just pack their bags and shift or sell their capital assets (Plant & machinery + Land)
Old 8th October 2010, 15:49   #558
BHPian

Updated website

The details about the car have been updated at Linea :: (www.fiatlinea.in)

Last edited by pnredkar : 8th October 2010 at 15:51.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:55   #559
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
The details about the car have been updated at Linea :: (www.fiatlinea.in)
With lots of excitement I see the website and then..
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-11.jpg  

Old 8th October 2010, 16:08   #560
BHPian

@EARTHed: No, it not just the flash movie that I was pointing to Just look at the link "Feature list" within "Features and Specifications". They have been updated with the complete list.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:12   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
@EARTHed: No, it not just the flash movie that I was pointing to
EARTHed is just pointing out a howler, that's all. What kind of a first impression would be created with a howler like this in the intro
Old 8th October 2010, 16:20   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
In Bangalore the prices of the above two will be further high. On top of that add obscene road tax which has to be paid here.
The cost of T-Jet Plus will definitely be > ANHC.
That is not the correct way to compare. Compare the price of T-jet Plus in Mumbai with ANHC V MT Exclusive in Mumbai. The difference is still a whopping 74K. (Honda Car Prices India | Honda in India | Honda Car Costs ANHC V MT Exclusive ex-showroom Mumbai is 10.03L and that of Linea in Mumbai is 9.29L). After tax, the difference will still be bigger. Honda has the 'H' badge, Linea has the frills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
That's not true. Hyundai Verna, a competitor in this segment, that I bought in Feb 08 had all disc brakes.
Even the old Toyota Corolla had all four. Now, i20 CRDi too has. Probably FIAT thinks Linea is only in the segment where ANHC is

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
With lots of excitement I see the website and then..
I couldn't find those words in the site. Anyways, sounds stupid mistake.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:21   #563
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This pricing has taken the Linea Petrol straight into the Honda City territory. Now there will be loads of comparison between the two with regards to which one will be more VFM.
Don't leave out the Vento diesel. The loaded Highline variant costs just Rs. 17,000 more and is as quick (0 - 100 = 11.xx seconds). Plus, its got diesel economy to boot.

Petrolheads ain't ever had it better : Linea T-Jet, ANHC and Vento Diesel. Choice of 3 for <10 lakhs.

Quote:
I am curious to see the full fledged reviews of the Linea T-Jet.
How about waiting till next week for the most detailed review on the T-Jet there is
Old 8th October 2010, 16:22   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I couldn't find those words in the site. Anyways, sounds stupid mistake.
Did you see the opening animation sequence? At the end of it, they have the menu on the right to select - if you selected Safety, you'd see what he has posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How about waiting till next week for the most detailed review on the T-Jet there is
Awwright, bring it on, lets clear away those Monday blues

Last edited by suman : 8th October 2010 at 16:24.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:24   #565
BANNED

Of course we can't entirely blame Fiat for the small mistakes in their website. Its the mistake of the Testing Team of the web designing team.

Just another small mistake. In the flash movie, the T-Jet Linea shown has old type 15" Alloys. But in the next screen, the Linea has the 16" alloys. Also the grill is black..
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-11.jpg  

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by EARTHed : 8th October 2010 at 16:26.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:28   #566
BHPian

There can be multiple things to consider behind this launch-
1. Is it giving to respect to the much starved enthisiasts segment in India after the extinction of GTX?
2. Considering 1.6 Fiesta, certainly there is a thick line difference between the A.S.S given by Ford vs current time Fiat.

3. Is fiat targeting the ANHC customers?? Its a mix and match situation. Its good to steal some of them, but mostly the customers will be hard core enthusiats who cannot afford a VRS. Certainly, ANHC targeted customers are normal office-goer who can afford a car worth 11 lakhs, the power with ANHC comes for free for them.

4. If ANHC was 90 bhp, even then the sale numbers would have been the same.

5. Certainly T-Jet is not meant for mass-segment who can afford 11 lakhs car. Fiat already has M-Jet to make them happy.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:41   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Here is the ad from HT Mumbai.
Hindustan Times

First page
Attachment 435855

Third Page
Attachment 435856
I hate it when they don't show pics of such a gorgeous looking car. That is one big reason I didn't even know Linea existed till Jan this year when I saw one in person.

Even the "stuck at the sight of you" TV ad - by the time they show the car, you have already switched the channel. I did that every time before I finally saw the car in Jan.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:44   #568
BHPian

Quote:

Ah.. GTO!!
Life has been so stagnant for a while! Finally something to look forward to next week!

Now agonizing wait to read the review from you begins.......
Old 8th October 2010, 16:57   #569
BHPian

I like this approach from Fiat.
They need to be very careful with the initial bunch of customers and treat them like kings. This requires serious overhaul of A$$. The tjet should not carry any of the baggage from the Linea 1.4 and MJD. They should start afresh and start well!
Only then, should they even think about venturing out and expanding the reach of tjet.
I still see there is good market for good 10 lac rupee car. With more choice like Vento etc, the market can only expand!

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for a hardcore enthusiast to review an enthusiastic machine

OT: Can you get get your hands on a Polo 1.6 also while you are done dissecting the T-Jet? That is another car completely shrouded in mystery! Even though there have been a couple of ownership thread on tbhp!
Old 8th October 2010, 16:57   #570
Senior - BHPian

In the section Technical Specs, it is quite surprising to see that the 1.4 T-Jet Plus Petrol is 50 odd kilos lighter (at 1180kg) than its other sibling, the 1.4 T-Jet Petrol which is at 1230kg. I thought it would be the other way round. Can someone pl clarify this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks