Old 8th October 2010, 17:09   #571
Senior - BHPian

The linea T-Jet brochure

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-untitled1.jpg

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-untitled1k.jpg

my customized hi res wallpaper

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-b.jpg

official wallpapers

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-linea_airport_1280x1024.jpg

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-linea_parkingsunbeam-_1280x1024.jpg

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-linea_sunbeam-beige_1280x1024.jpg

Last edited by sidindica : 8th October 2010 at 17:18.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:10   #572
BHPian

Maybe the design team cudn't get hold of a pic of all 4 disc brakes ... so filled in with the pic of d'd key for the time being
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
EARTHed is just pointing out a howler, that's all. What kind of a first impression would be created with a howler like this in the intro
Old 8th October 2010, 19:15   #573
BHPian

finally the linea has enough power to compete with its rivals. This should definitely give fiat an upper hand in the market. I think fiat has priced the linea competitively, lets see what the common man thinks.

BTW are we getting those low profile tyres too?
Old 8th October 2010, 20:34   #574
Senior - BHPian

Linea T-Jet is quite overpriced compared to Vento D. Well, Vento P does not even come into picture with that pathetic powertrain.
At 8.5 L you get a Linea T-Jet and Vento costs 9.1L.

Advantage Vento
1) VW is a much premuim brand (at least compared to fiat).
2) Quality of materials is top knotch.
3) Diesel means less running cost.
4) Superb gearshift.
5) Much better torque to weight ratio.(it is the torque not power that matters if you are not redlining)
6) Fitting a Pete's powerbox is simple easy and effective. Not sure if Tjet can be tuned so easily.

Advantage Linea

1) Looks fabulous
2) Awsome handling
3) Better refinement I guess.
4) Better music system (blue me)
5) Cheaper spares.

Octavia providing 1.8 turbo petrol at 10L was a more VFM IMHO.
I believe Fiat has overpriced it by approximately 40K. Fiat may say it is typically for enthusiasts. But thanks to competition this is not the only driver's car here. And more are on the way.( Fiesta, Focus? Kizashi, Swift sports 1.6? )

However (205/55 R16) is reason enough to for for the upgrade to T jet+. That is something no one will offer.

@ GTO -
Eagerly waiting for the official test drive @ Team BHP.
As the cars get better reviews get even better. Bring it on!!

Last edited by oxyzen : 8th October 2010 at 20:38.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:14   #575
J.Ravi

It seems Fiat India has done some cost-cutting even in Fiat Linea Emotion Pack so that Fiat Linea 1.4 T-Jet and T-Jet+ would look attractive.

Linea ::

Now, Linea Emotion Pack does not have sunglass-holder and desmodronic foldable key with boot release. My Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack has these goodies.

Fiat India committed faux pax by including chrome-tipped exhaust in Linea Emotion and Emotion Pack and denying T-Jet and T-Jet+ of these goodies!
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-chrome-exhaust.jpg  

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-foldable-key.jpg  

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-sunglassholder.jpg  

Old 8th October 2010, 21:19   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't leave out the Vento diesel. The loaded Highline variant costs just Rs. 17,000 more and is as quick (0 - 100 = 11.xx seconds). Plus, its got diesel economy to boot.
I am a bit surprised, rather miffed, at this observation of Vento diesel in the company of petrol cars. I suppose comparisons of performance should be of engines of petrol or diesel, not between petrol and diesel.

Probably everyone forgot the Test drive and Review of VW Vento. Just look at the photo number 16. Hummar had similar ideas as far as accommodating people. Of course, it was an extreme. Hummar style.

The truth is every manufacturer brings out the best in the market, until they themselves bring out a better one!
Old 8th October 2010, 21:23   #577
BANNED

Small video of T-Jet launch.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:06   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
I am a bit surprised, rather miffed, at this observation of Vento diesel in the company of petrol cars. I suppose comparisons of performance should be of engines of petrol or diesel, not between petrol and diesel.

The truth is every manufacturer brings out the best in the market, until they themselves bring out a better one!

+1, here we are discussing the Petrol Variants. Not fair to compare the Vento Diesel with Linea Tjet.

Both the Cars will have totally Different set of Customers. Guys looking for the Economy will never ever look towards the Linea Tjet, rather they would look for the Vento or the Linea 1.3 MJD. Just a few thoughts, purely my opinion.

@Mods: Apologies for the Double posts. Kindly delete the earlier post, due to Network instability there is a Duplicate Post.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 8th October 2010 at 22:08.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:07   #579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
+1, here we are discussing the Petrol Variants. Not fair to compare the Vento Diesel with Linea Tjet.
A person with 10L in hand, will not leave Vento diesel out of his list. It performs (should) well enough to give the other two a run for their money!

5 years back, diesels should never have been compared to petrols, when performance was the criterion. Cars like Cruze, Getz CRDi, Optra Magnum, Verna have changed this mindset in a lot of people.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:12   #580
BHPian

@Crazy Driver, I repeat, both the cars will have Entirely different set of the Customers. Might be some of the Customer may change their minds and there can be a cannibalisation between them, that will be miniscule.

Those are purely my thoughts.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:29   #581
Senior - BHPian

Linea T-jet

pros- perfect blend of performance,safety, style, comfort, ride and handling, rigidity, design, equipment, blue and me and pricing. My pick AS A PRODUCT.

cons-interior, vastly improved but vento still has that edge, rear seat space less than a city and again, needs better quality of service and nice trained mechanics to handle this technically complex car. Cannot comment on mileage.

City

pros-optimum blend of performance, mileage, rear seat comfort, safety equipment, reliability and trendy exterior design. segment best seller and industry best resale value.

cons-interior, again improved but for the asking price the feel is not there, skimping of equipment, road noise, skinny tyres and body rigidity not in the league of the euros. Good service quality but again, not all dealers are upto scratch.

Vento diesel

pros-best interior and exterior build and parts quality (linea body still is rigid, very rigid), stonking diesel performance and amazing mileage, small attention to details like all 4 pinch guards/one touch up/down PW, decent space and amazing comfort levels, and that lever at the rear used to push the front seat forward. price is competitive for a EU diesel.

cons-thin dealer network and dealer attitude a cause for concern, can be expensive on maintenance, design not as arresting as the city or linea (purely my choice but the vento looks dated, small and narrow in front of these 2), prehistoric stereo, ergonomic disasters like the front armrest placement/handbrake and locking mechanism-lousy, handling not upto scratch and long waiting periods.

(disclaimer: purely my opinion, perceptions can vary).

Last edited by sidindica : 8th October 2010 at 22:35.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:30   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Crazy Driver, I repeat, both the cars will have Entirely different set of the Customers. Might be some of the Customer may change their minds and there can be a cannibalisation between them, that will be miniscule.

Those are purely my thoughts.
I disagree. If I am a performance lover and if I am getting that performance in a diesel at a similar price why wont I opt for diesel. I think petrol or diesel doesnt matter anymore, what matter is what we get for a certain price.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:30   #583
BHPian

So finally it happened !!!

Linea T-jet is finally launched. Good that FIAT sticked to the date which was announced. Rs. 8.55L for T-jet and Rs8.99L for T-jet+ is really a competitive pricing. Photos in Sunbeam biege looks niche.
I think all stagneted buyers who were looking for power + style will jump to Tata-FIAT showroom and book the car. Expecting variants of Punto + Linea all together should go beyond 5000+ Nos in Oct'10. It will break the barrier of sales (<3000 approx.)since Jan2009. Good luck FIAT!! Go ahead and spread your roots for better stability in India.
I'l also add +1 No. to the sales of FIAT in Oct'10.
Now waiting for Palio-refreshed, Uno-evo, Bravo, small car and so on....

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 8th October 2010 at 22:31.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:34   #584
JVH
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hope you deliberately penned the second part of the post to inject some sarcasm. If you really meant it, I might as well call it a day

From a preformance perspective, Diesel Vento and T-Jet Linea can definitely be compared. But customers will also look for the cost of ownership which should be definitely less for the Vento. So for a similar performance ( we don't have the report yet), Vento will win easily.

Though I want Linea T-Jet to succeed because of the fantastic value proposition, am afraid its quite late to ruffle the competitors feathers. Besides the brand name isn't helping. And as many are predicting, enthusiasts would be delighted with this launch :-)

Last edited by JVH : 8th October 2010 at 22:46.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:37   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
I disagree. If I am a performance lover and if I am getting that performance in a diesel at a similar price why wont I opt for diesel. I think petrol or diesel doesnt matter anymore, what matter is what we get for a certain price.
I full agree. I'm looking for a 10L car with perfromance, and I'm looking at both Vento D and Linea TJet. If I'm going to get similar performance and features with diesel, I'd definitely compare these two.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks