Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 20:46   #616
ajai_dev

T-Jet does not sem to be a bad alternative compared to the likes of City and Vento its priced close to them than the FIRE Petrol Linea.

I will take a test drive before i take the plunge and get a Cruze LT or the Linea Emo Pk, who knows it may give me exactly what i wanted a torque car with low noise and vibrations. I want a torque car because in the hills torque does help out i dont know if its my illusion or a reality but generally CRDi diesel cars work quite well compared to their older alternatives while navigating a climb.

Old 9th October 2010, 21:29   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
T-Jet does not sem to be a bad alternative compared to the likes of City and Vento its priced close to them than the FIRE Petrol Linea.

I will take a test drive before i take the plunge and get a Cruze LT or the Linea Emo Pk, who knows it may give me exactly what i wanted a torque car with low noise and vibrations. I want a torque car because in the hills torque does help out i dont know if its my illusion or a reality but generally CRDi diesel cars work quite well compared to their older alternatives while navigating a climb.
Drive the T-Jet - you'll forget the City & Vento

It'll also suit the conditions you drive in.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:05   #618
BHPian

Considering myself as a potential customer for a performance car (Till date I liked only the cedia) I would certainly compare between a diesel and a petrol and the stuffs I would look for are -

-the features availiable (I want to be spoiled by features)
-the build quality,
-the handling to complement the power,
-the spare parts availibility and pricing,
-the reasonability in pricing
-smartness in interior design and quality (read bells and whistles like leather)
-safety features
-the turbo lag
-maintenance cost during the overhaul since I plan to use the car for long..

Certainly the T is sure shot winner when compared to the Vento. If Vento comes with the stuffs I have listed above the the pricing will be no lesser than 14L.
And the interior of Vento is awfully designed IMHO.
The T is worldwide accepted and is succesfully running everywhere.

Now the revision of pricing of Linea is scaring me, and if the cost say after 5 months enter the territory of over-pricing then certainly I would pull myself back and may move out of FIAT.

Though I belong to Fiat Fan group but if I get the T for say 13-14L onroad after 5 months then I will say 'Hi' to Honda.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 9th October 2010 at 22:08.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:29   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
That would be the most skewed comparison in my opinion.

On what basis will you compare ?
I want to compare only power. I drove diesel Linea, it is not actually underpower as people say, one need to work on gear and accelrator the hard way and it will push you back on the seat. So here we can compare the torque of the diesel VS turbo Petrol.

Compare with Petrol non-turbo will give you exact power difference between the non-turbo and turbo petrol engine.
Old 10th October 2010, 09:35   #620
BHPian

So the T- Jet seems to be overpriced ("confident" pricing, perhaps ?) and unavailable for most of the country for now, the Vento is a "book- and -forget- till- next year" affair, and so is it safe to assume that we are left with the Honda City? Why blame Honda for highwaymen pricing? Blame their competitors instead!

BTW, I rather felt insulted when I read in the newspapers that the T- Jet shall be available "initially (??)" only in "select" (whose selection?) areas. Is the rest of India paying Fiat in Pakistan Rupees? 60% of their market seems to be in these select areas, they say. Have they wondered why the City sells even in my town where roads resemble the moonscape?
Old 10th October 2010, 09:50   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
So the T- Jet seems to be overpriced ("confident" pricing, perhaps ?) and unavailable for most of the country for now, the Vento is a "book- and -forget- till- next year" affair, and so is it safe to assume that we are left with the Honda City? Why blame Honda for highwaymen pricing? Blame their competitors instead!

BTW, I rather felt insulted when I read in the newspapers that the T- Jet shall be available "initially (??)" only in "select" (whose selection?) areas. Is the rest of India paying Fiat in Pakistan Rupees? 60% of their market seems to be in these select areas, they say. Have they wondered why the City sells even in my town where roads resemble the moonscape?

Fiat has taken a concious and calculated strategy of releasing the car in select cities, where the staff has undergone specific training, the showrooms are spruced up and dealerships would give the premium feel to a Tjet customer. Besides, they are trying to optimise their ad spends by restricting it to the core cities where they sell most per their statistics.

IMO, we need to look at Fiat as a new company in the market for about 18-20 months (from the time their new cars have been launched) and they have a dealer network of 130 cities and service and spares have undeniably seen a perceptible change. Now how does this compare with any other company like Volkswagen or Renault or Nissan ? We cant compare a Fiat of 18 months with a Honda of more than 10 years. We need to forget Fiats strategies and products of the past and look at their current offerings, pricing, strategy, branding, marketing etc and i think they have a fair chance.

For an enthusiast, the Tjet is a killer. Having driven both petrols and diesels, i think a petrol car with the torque and turbo characteristics of a diesel and the renowned handling of Fiats, is a sure shot killer. I am way too tempted to stretch myself and advance the next car decision and go book a Tjet !

cheers
vinay
Old 10th October 2010, 10:23   #622
BHPian

Had been to the only dealer in Pune to view the T-jet. I was pleasently surprised to see a separate area for Fiat and a dedicated sales team. They were clearly overwhelmed by the number of people in the showroom thronging to see the new T-jet and other Fiat products, since the other dealer has withdrawn the dealership in favour of the Germans.

Coming to the T-jet I fell in love again the minute I walked in to the showroom. There she stood looking lovely in FTA shod with those lovely alloys with fat rubber. I was quicly attended to by a lady wearing a Fiat blazer who directed me to the SA. In the meanwhile I checked the interiors for the changes everyone has been talking about. The soft touch is absent unlike what has been talked about. It's the same old interiors but with better fit and finish. There are issues like the puny seat height adjust lever and the glove box which might break any moment. While I did see a better fit finish, it's not in league of VW.

I was quickly offered a test drive of the T-jet by the SA which pleasently surprised me. So there I was in peak Pune traffic trying on the powerful Linea. The driving position was spot on, though the rear sapce with me 6'2" in the front seat is at a major premium. I weaved my way through the traffic, 20 kmh in 4th gear with no signs of knocking onto a bit of free stretch of road and pressed the accelerator. I was pushed back to my seat and the beauty just took off. I was like wowwww. My son too in the back seat was enjoying the experience. I then tested the brakes from 100 to zero and she stopped in a straight line thanks to the additional discs at the rear.

I came back really impressed and Fiat has definitely taken the war into the Vento and ANHC territory. It's to be seen how the A** and other factors which will decide the fate.

I am definitely booking one shortly.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:44   #623
BHPian

ANHC and Linea T-jet price comparison

Guys, it does not show a good sign when members in team-bhp go blind about Honda pricing and over and over again saying that ANHC is not overpriced when compared to Linea. I hate to post again and again. But let me post here again. ANHC is roughly is way way pricier than Linea.

Even when it comes to Linea T-jet, ANHC is at least 74K costlier in ex-showroom price itself. Take the Mumbai ex-showroom prices

ANHC V Excellence 10.03L
Linea T-jet plus 9.29L

I have just picked mostly closely speced versions. Linea still have more frills with this 74K difference, significant ones being better alloys with wider tyres, rear disc brake, blue & Me. OTR price difference will again go further till 80K at least. Ok. This is one last attempt to wake up people on this forum.

Or don't people just care for 80K? Then why do they complain against FIAT pricing? It is really sad. Though I own a FIAT, I'm no way a FIAT fan. May be this forum is going to make me a FIAT fan

Last edited by opendro : 10th October 2010 at 10:45. Reason: grammar mistakes
Old 10th October 2010, 11:11   #624
BHPian

I think the T-jet should be able to prove mettle on its own merit. A lot of firsts:
1. Rear disk brakes (vow)
2. Blue and Me (i'm addicted to it)
3. Cheaper spares (something new to FIAT)

If FIAT has been able to sort out the 'niggling issues' then i believe they have a winner on their hands. The market poses stiff competition, some of us favour one brand against another but just remember that at the end of the day customer is a winner, he gets to choose from so many competitive options.

Last edited by luky_13 : 10th October 2010 at 11:15. Reason: grammar
Old 10th October 2010, 13:12   #625
BHPian

Fiat seems to be serious this time about its data and providing service

Fiat launches Linea variants, hires Accenture to boost sales - Home - livemint.com
Old 10th October 2010, 13:21   #626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpursuit View Post
I went to RF motors service center in Cochin today. Now they have exclusive service center catering to FIAT Cars in a separate compound. Is this Fiat getting ready for launching T-jet? But when I enquired about T-jet, the chap there hasn't even heard about it asked to check with the sales team
I dropped an email enquiy on T-Jet to the dealer in Thrissur (Kerala) on 8th evening, and it was a pleasant surprise that the sales officer response was there in my inbox on 9th morning (I consider prompt response as an extremely positive customer experience). And this was his response:

“We are happy to inform you that the Linea T-jet is getting launched in Mumbai today and the launch in other cities will be planned soon. So you can book your vehicle immediately and get the priority privilege. The manufacturer will start their dispatch to dealers by mid of October…”

Now that response alone is giving loads of positive vibes (atleast for me!)
Old 10th October 2010, 14:01   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Guys, it does not show a good sign when members in team-bhp go blind about Honda pricing and over and over again saying that ANHC is not overpriced when compared to Linea. I hate to post again and again. But let me post here again. ANHC is roughly is way way pricier than Linea.

Even when it comes to Linea T-jet, ANHC is at least 74K costlier in ex-showroom price itself. Take the Mumbai ex-showroom prices

ANHC V Excellence 10.03L
Linea T-jet plus 9.29L

I have just picked mostly closely speced versions. Linea still have more frills with this 74K difference, significant ones being better alloys with wider tyres, rear disc brake, blue & Me. OTR price difference will again go further till 80K at least. Ok. This is one last attempt to wake up people on this forum.

Or don't people just care for 80K? Then why do they complain against FIAT pricing? It is really sad. Though I own a FIAT, I'm no way a FIAT fan. May be this forum is going to make me a FIAT fan
I am not sure what is the point you are trying to make. This is a forum and everyone has their own opinion. Please dont force your opinion on others. You find ANHC over priced fair enough...Other people dont as they find the 80K difference is small price to pay for peace of mind , reliability and excellent A.S.S. ..I am really looking forward to a non biased test drive from a non FIAT fan to get the real picture.
Old 10th October 2010, 14:02   #628
Senior - BHPian

Never has the car been so photogenic.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-fiatlineatjettest107.jpg  

Old 10th October 2010, 14:19   #629
GSM
BHPian

@ sidindica That side profile of the boot is my favourite image of the Linea. Gorgeous isn't it? And people, is there anyway by which we can increase the internal space in the Linea? Like slightly pushing the back seat further? Any possibilities which will not affect the overall car. I know the rear headroom will be further compromised, but a question to the forum members. Cheers
Old 10th October 2010, 15:28   #630
BHPian

Had a very brief test-drive of the t-jet today at Fortune, Navi Mumbai, inital impressions is very good.
There is a lag at lower rpms, but after about 2000 it becomes exciting and the car acclerates eagerly. Max speed I could manage was about 100 Kph, and it could be done quickly.
I felt the brakes of the 1.4 Linea (NA) had more bite than the t-jet.

The wide tyres makes the car feel more planted.

The gearbox is not upto the mark, and that would be the only negative for me in the test drive.

Will be going for a longer drive next week, will test the car at higher speeds then.Just want to check how the car pulls at higher rpms.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks