Old 10th October 2010, 15:55   #631
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Never has the car been so photogenic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post
@ sidindica That side profile of the boot is my favourite image of the Linea. Gorgeous isn't it?
Yeah tell me about that. It is as if it grows more beautiful every morning I see my Linea, can't take my eyes off. And with that 16 inch alloys, simply awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Guys, it does not show a good sign when members in team-bhp go blind about Honda pricing and over and over again saying that ANHC is not overpriced when compared to Linea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
I am not sure what is the point you are trying to make. This is a forum and everyone has their own opinion. Please dont force your opinion on others. You find ANHC over priced fair enough...Other people dont as they find the 80K difference is small price to pay for peace of mind , reliability and excellent A.S.S. ..I am really looking forward to a non biased test drive from a non FIAT fan to get the real picture.
I tend to agree with Opendro here. I mean what is there to read so much into the price difference that is written on the wall for every one to see? Honda city is over priced by a good margin compared to the Linea T-Jet plus period. Things are clear as broad daylight, the T-Jet with D segment features and looks, a powerful petrol engine with diesel like pulling, superb driving dynamics, solid build, cheap spares, priority customer care and Honda on the other hand with a car stripped to the bones with only the engine and drive train to talk about(which now no longer is a USP) and the perception of peace of mind, reliability and good A.S.S. Things like reliability and A.S.S are not Honda USPs. Of course one can find one off cases of FIAT not meeting the expectations in the forum, but similar incidents could be found in case of Honda as well in this forum itself. So the claim that Honda's record is flawless goes out the window. Having said this, I doubt if the T-Jet would improve the sales by much because, once an opinion has been formed about a brand either by first hand experience or hear say, it tends to linger around till eternity, people defend the initial opinion tooth and nail even if things have actually changed and this is the very fact that some brands are exploiting to the maximum.

Ofcourse I am also looking forward to a non biased review of the T-Jet and by non biased I mean some one who is not a fanatic of any brand and not just not being a FIAT fan.

Last edited by UKR : 10th October 2010 at 15:59.
Old 10th October 2010, 19:10   #632
BHPian

Had a test-drive of t-jet today. The car feels good but I felt the front end was lacking grip under acceleration.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:19   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Had a very brief test-drive of the t-jet today at Fortune, Navi Mumbai, inital impressions is very good.
There is a lag at lower rpms, but after about 2000 it becomes exciting and the car acclerates eagerly. Max speed I could manage was about 100 Kph, and it could be done quickly.
I felt the brakes of the 1.4 Linea (NA) had more bite than the t-jet.

The wide tyres makes the car feel more planted.

The gearbox is not upto the mark, and that would be the only negative for me in the test drive.

Will be going for a longer drive next week, will test the car at higher speeds then.Just want to check how the car pulls at higher rpms.
Good that test drive vehicles are available right after launch. When i had gone for test drive of punto in fortune motors in Nerul they did not allow me run over 5 kms and that was it. Hope they allow you to either test the car on sion panvel highway or Palm beach road.
Old 11th October 2010, 00:12   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar View Post
Had a test-drive of t-jet today. The car feels good but I felt the front end was lacking grip under acceleration.

Wow...did you mean to say that there was wheelspin???

Last edited by Amartya : 12th October 2010 at 00:39. Reason: Corrected an editing error
Old 11th October 2010, 00:21   #635
ajai_dev

Now what the T-Jet needs is TC "Traction Control" and may be even ESP

Old 11th October 2010, 09:20   #636
BHPian

A face lifted Linea coming up in 2011.

"Fiat has just launched a new 1.4-litre T-jet powered petrol variant of the Linea and it plans to roll out a face-lift Linea in 2011 and a new small car, below the Punto, in 2012. "

Source
Old 11th October 2010, 09:30   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post

"Fiat has just launched a new 1.4-litre T-jet powered petrol variant of the Linea and it plans to roll out a face-lift Linea in 2011 and a new small car, below the Punto, in 2012. "

Source
I was just reading the same article in today's paper and the things mentioned to spruce up the dealerships sounds good, hope they execute it properly.

Looks like FIAT are finally beginning to pull up their socks, and all reviewers of the T-jet have had very little to complain about, which all point to good things and better cars from Fiat
Old 11th October 2010, 10:25   #638
Senior - BHPian

All people are comparing Linea with Vento. So adding my 2 cents here.

Last week only i saw first time Vento on road. Oops !!! I found vento as a simple sedan. Not at all the head turner or the eye catcher. Yes its good but not appealing like Linea. Linea looks much better & stylish for sure. Vento is plane looks. So if you want stylish car go for Linea else Vento. I will go for Linea for sure, but MJD not T-jet
Old 11th October 2010, 11:14   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Did you mean to say that there was wheelspin???
Nope. The front felt loose and not planted enough. I am hoping it is the tyres. Anyway, if you dont accelerate real hard, the grip levels are good.
By the way, I am finalizing tjet plus this week.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:20   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
:-( , now i'll have to wait for 2011 Linea!! I believe many prospective linea customers might postpone thier purchases till 2011.

Any insider news on this scoop? whats the "FaceLift" going to be?? Body Shell, Interiors or even powertrains??
Well, the article does not reveal any details on the face-lift. Even don't know which month of 2011? Jan or Dec?

But with the T-Jet launch happened now and pan-India rollout in next few months, I think any face-lift will be towards the end of 2011. By that time Linea would be 3 yrs into the market and will thus be a good time for a mid-life face-lift.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:21   #641
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th October 2010 at 11:36. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the post.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:22   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post

Source
If the face lift is cosmetic I may not wait, but if there is the slightest hint of DUALOGIC transmission coming on the T-Jet , I am going to wait. I am an optimist

Does anybody have (insider or otherwise) any news on the likelihood of getting DUALOGIC within the next 6 months.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:37   #643
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I found vento as a simple sedan. Not at all the head turner or the eye catcher. Yes its good but not appealing like Linea. Linea looks much better & stylish for sure. Vento is plane looks. So if you want stylish car go for Linea else Vento. I will go for Linea for sure, but MJD not T-jet
Yup same here, looks of vento never appealed me.

By the way, I see a lot of arguments floating around whether we should compare petrol car with diesel car. As per my understanding “petrol car owner going for only petrol cars” is no longer seems to be the case in the market. There are quite a huge amount of diesel swifts and dezires running on the road. I doubt if everybody of them used diesel cars earlier. I remember is line from an ad from early 90s, “Wohi jhaag, wohi safedi kam daam mein mile toh koi ye kyun le who na le.”.
So customer is definitely going to try every possible option.
Personally I’m in love with Linea and would definitely would love to own one, but now if I can afford 10L car, then for me Optra Magnum diesel would perhaps make more sense than TJet(petrol), especially after reading this,
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-optra-magnum.jpg

Though 8.25L is for LS, LT might be around 9.35 (if discount is valid on LT as well).
Now I could see a sheer VFM.
This might be just a stock clearance sale, but overall all the manufacturers seem to be geared up to increaze their market share. I don't think it's any particular car effect, but market seems to ready to pay for bigger cars (and new customer for small cars are literally pouring in)

For TJet, it's really seem to be a tough fight for the survival.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:42   #644
BHPian

can anyone please help me out here??

i saw the e-brochure and i am sure i missed something.

the only difference between the t-jet and t-jet plus i could see was leather upholstery.
is that it or are there any more extra features??
Old 11th October 2010, 11:46   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
can anyone please help me out here??

i saw the e-brochure and i am sure i missed something.

the only difference between the t-jet and t-jet plus i could see was leather upholstery.
is that it or are there any more extra features??
Leather upholstery & 16" alloys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed