Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 11:49   #646
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
can anyone please help me out here??

i saw the e-brochure and i am sure i missed something.

the only difference between the t-jet and t-jet plus i could see was leather upholstery.
is that it or are there any more extra features??
In addition to upholstery, these are the differences

195/60 R15, 205/55 R16
15" Steel rims, 16" alloy wheels
Ground clearance - 165 cm and 170 cm

for T-Jet and T-Jet+ respectively.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:49   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
can anyone please help me out here??

i saw the e-brochure and i am sure i missed something.

the only difference between the t-jet and t-jet plus i could see was leather upholstery.
is that it or are there any more extra features??
Alloy Wheels and 205 tyres come with the T-Jet Plus
Old 11th October 2010, 11:51   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
Leather upholstery & 16" alloys.
And wider tires, 205 ones.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:17   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
Some more details:

The main novelty of the 2011 Fiat Linea line is the e.torQ 1.8 16V engine, which has equipped the Fiat Punto and was initially extended in recent months to other models of the Italian brand.
The new Fiat Linea engine replaces the old 1.9 flex, but the power generated is the same: 130 hp and 132 hp gasoline with alcohol (only in Brazil).
According to information supplied by Fiat, the 1.8 e.torQ Linea takes the maximum speed of 190 km / h (g) and 192 km / h (a).

Produced by FTP - Powertrain Technology in Campo Largo, Parana, Brazil, the block develops up to 132 horsepower, 18.9 mkgf torque and reaches a top speed of 192 km / hr when fueled with ethanol.
The new engine versions e.torQ team HLX, HLX Dualogic, Absolute, LX and LX Dualogic. A version T-Jet continues with heart 1.4 16V Turbo petrol 152 bhp and torque of 21.1 mkgf is now available between 2,250 rpm and 4,000 rpm.
Though its OT, its in response to the above post:

Not sure why would fiat launch the 1.8 Litre engine in the Linea for the 2011 refresh when it has just launched the T-jet. I would rather speculate a few cosmetic changes like, alloy wheel design change, may be leather upholstery on the emotion pack, introducing the 1.6 MJD and the dual logic gearbox.

Lets wait and watch what fiat does. With new sales staff recruited and better positioning, it will be interesting for the next few months to watch the moves that will be made by FIAT and its sales numbers.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:17   #650
BHPian

Yesterday, me and my colleague we on a Hunt for a Petrol Sedan for him, he will be opting for a Company Leased Vehicle.

So we landed up in the TATA-FIAT showroom to check out the Buzz about the T-Jet. As my colleague insisted we check the Linea First. took a brief Test Drive of the T-Jet at the Fortune Nerul Showroom. The Car looked Fabulous in the Sunbeam Beige Color.
The 16 Inch Alloys are just superb, i was surprised to see that the 5th Tyre is not a Steel Wheel, it is an Alloy, Fantastic..!! I think the same alloys are available on Bravo Internationally, anyone ?

The Interiors are now better finished and the Black portion of the Dashboard has now a Soft & Spongy feel to it, which is pleasing to the eyes. The Leather seats also look great.

On the performance front, the difference can be felt right from the First Gear, FIAT has re-worked the Gear Ratios now the car feels more relaxed in every gear comapred to the earlier NA Variant. The Engine is Very Smooth at idle, we took off for a Test Drive & let the Tacho Needle get past the 2200 RPM Mark, there is a rush after that, the car transforms in terms of performance characteristics. Fantastic is the word that comes to my mind for the Performance, we took the car to 100 KMPH mark for a short stretch which it did quite comfortably. The Pulling Power of the Engine is Addictive..!!

I wont say anything on the Legendary Ride Quality & Handling, enough has been said on that. It is just awesome, how the car gobbles up the Potholes and Bad Roads. After the Test Drive, we came back to the Showroom, my colleague who took the quotation & otherstuff, as he is going to book the car soon. We had a very good experience with the sales guys, they seem to be more focussed now. And above all we were offered "The Italian Coffee" and a gorgeuos female sales representative took the feedback for the TD on the Form

One Word, this car should have been launched with the Tjet engine, when it was introduced in January-2009, it could have turned the Tables round for FIAT. Purely My Opinion.

After the Test Drive, we went straight to the Honda Showroom to check out the Honda City, it was a familiar Car that we are used to see, but i had never driven the ANHC, so it was a First TD of the Car for me. The Cars Engine is excellent, the performance is just fantastic. But the Tjet Ticks all the right Boxes now with the Honda City which it missed out in earlier version on the Performance front, now i feel they are at Par. But the torque of the T-Jet is Just Awesome.

I was shocked to see that the Honda City does not have an Engine Guard after paying more than 10L, ATLEAST i expect that, are you listening Honda..!!

Also the ride quality of the city was not great, it felt like it is hollow after sitting in the linea. The City's build quality is nowhere near the Linea. The only saving grace for the City was the Engine. Nothing Else, truly.

Then off we went to the Volkswagen showroom to check out the Vento, i was disappointed to see the car in flesh, it looked like booted polo, they should have given the car its own identity, also the car didnt exude the class as far as the exteriors are concerned. It was plane jane IMO.

The Interiors are very Good and fit & finish is fantastic. But there is no symmetry in the Color scheme of the Display, the Center Console was Purple Backlighting and the Display on the Meters & the MID is in Red. Why ? i dont know, just an observation.

Lets come to the Performance, the Petrol, as expected was OK, as reported by our Forum Members & Auto Journalists. The real star was the Diesel, it was just mind blowing, the torque & NVH. Very good. I Just Test Drove the Diesel to get a feel of the Engine only. My Colleague was only interested in Petrol Sedan.

So the Conclusion, If you are buying a Petrol Sedan, T-Jet is THE Car. Loaded upto the Brim & Fantastic Performance. If you want a Diesel Sedan, Vento It is, only if you are OK with the Wafer thin A.S.S Network & Unknown Cost of Ownership.

My colleague finally decided to go for the T-Jet, stands Booked.

Apologies for such a long post.

Disclaimer: The above are strictly my opinions, no offence meant to any specific Brand. It is only a Comparo which me and my colleague felt about the cars we considered. I dont intend to start any Debate regarding the respective brands.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 11th October 2010 at 12:20.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:36   #651
Senior - BHPian

This is the basic T-jet without leather and alloys and 15" wheels with full wheel covers. Customer car to be delivered today. But when will salespersons learn that this is a petrol and not a mul-T-jet. They call this an emotion pack.

The engine sounds like a palio 1.6 FIRE on idle and can get addictive. Interiors are at least much improved and the gap on the ignition area is at least consistent and reduced. A decent quality leap, yes.

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-dsc00001.jpg
engine

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-dsc00002.jpg
IHI turbo

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-dsc00003.jpg
rear

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-dsc00004.jpg
T-JET badge

FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched-dsc00005.jpg
chrome tipped exhaust.

The salespersons at raghuvanshi enterprises have very poor product knowledge and still need extensive training. No one really looked excited about the T-jet launch. The ambience was that of a typical maruti ration shop showroom.

Just somehow tolerated their ignorance and told them to keep their mouth shut.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:55   #652
BHPian

Does anyone know the delivery waiting period in Pune and Mumbai?
Old 11th October 2010, 12:55   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
One Word, this car should have been launched with the Tjet engine, when it was introduced in January-2009, it could have turned the Tables round for FIAT. Purely My Opinion.
Absolutely spot on. Linea Emotion pack atleast should have been made available with Tjet from day one. The same goes with Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
The real star was the Diesel, it was just mind blowing, the torque & NVH. Very good. I Just Test Drove the Diesel to get a feel of the Engine only. My Colleague was only interested in Petrol Sedan.
So the Conclusion, If you are buying a Petrol Sedan, T-Jet is THE Car. Loaded upto the Brim & Fantastic Performance. If you want a Diesel Sedan, Vento It is, only if you are OK with the Wafer thin A.S.S Network & Unknown Cost of Ownership.
What do you suggest to those who cares only about performance. And isnt worried if its a petrol and diesel?
Any comparo on the handling front?
Old 11th October 2010, 12:56   #654
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Uploading the pic again:
No offense meant buddy but this seems like a pure photoshoped image. I have similar photo of Bravo as my wallpaper. The back quarter glass, looks quite fishy.

@sharma_sanjeevi, glad to read your review, especially about the treatment given @ showroom and also the feedback for test drive on the form. Nobody has asked me any written feedback. Looks like TATA-FIAT has done quite a ground work.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:02   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Uploading the pic again:
That is a poorly photoshopped image of a bravo with a boot added on.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:06   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

On the very same thread. Two different people have different experiences.

Exp 1 - sharma_sanjeevi had a nice experience along with the test drive and the change is felt which is on the positive side.

Exp 2 - Sidindica posted his experience with the dealer to be pretty lame or mediocre which is on the negative side.

Its the responsibility of FIAT to ensure that the dealership experience and After Sales experience is consistently pleasant and positive in all regions. The pleasant experience should become a norm than one off case.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:13   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
@sharma_sanjeevi, glad to read your review, especially about the treatment given @ showroom and also the feedback for test drive on the form. Nobody has asked me any written feedback. Looks like TATA-FIAT has done quite a ground work.
Thanks buddy. Yes, TATA-FIAT seems to be taking the Customer Feedback seriously & improving on that. It would be beneficial for them in the Long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen
What do you suggest to those who cares only about performance. And isnt worried if its a petrol and diesel?
Any comparo on the handling front?
From the Segment (City, Linea & Vento) which we are talking about, these are only my thoughts and whatever i experienced yesterday after Test Driving all the Cars back to back. There can be different perspectives from different individuals:

Performance:
- Vento Diesel: Excellent Combination of Performance & Economy of Diesel.
- Linea T-Jet & Honda City: IMO, they are at par on the performance front, though the City MAY have advantage on being on a lighter side, weightwise on the FE front. Still it is yet to be known in the real world driving conditions.

Handling:
- Linea T-Jet: There are no second thoughts in my mind, this is the Best Handler of the lot. The handling of this Car is just Awesome. The steering is well weighted & feedback is just Perfect.
- Vento: Brilliant handling, comes very close to the Linea, didnt got much to drive. As the sales person told they cant take the car on the highway. Though i wanted to drive more

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 11th October 2010 at 13:29.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:29   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The engine sounds like a palio 1.6 FIRE on idle and can get addictive.
One OT question. Was the 1.6 FIRE? Wasn't it TORQUE?
Old 11th October 2010, 14:40   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
One OT question. Was the 1.6 FIRE? Wasn't it TORQUE?
IIRC, the Fiat Palio 1.6 came with 16 valve DOHC 'Torque' engine.

Correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 11th October 2010, 15:36   #660
BHPian

Source - What's in the New Linea T Jet turbo charged petrol engine | Business
Quote:
Apart from the power the new Fiat Linea also got a new overall look with new leather upholstery, Door-mounted mirrors mounted on stalks, 3 reflectors in each tail-lamp and many more.
Personally I do not see any difference in mirrors and tail-lamp cluster from pictures. Any expert views from members TDed the new Linea please?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks