Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 14:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

A very good move by Skoda. They also need to reduce the price of spares. They already have very desirable cars.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:24   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Good move. I suggest prospective and current owners who can avail this, call Toyota and thank them for Launching the Altis Deisel.
Thats a nice observation that I missed totally. This must be due to the pressure caused by the Altis Diesel.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Welcome move. This will make the Skoda cars all the more attractive now.

But I remember reading stories on Skoda being very particular/stingy about parts replacement under warranty. Remains to be seen whether the 4 years warranty is just a PR exercise or whether Skoda really means it.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:12   #19
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Welcome move. This will make the Skoda cars all the more attractive now.

But I remember reading stories on Skoda being very particular/stingy about parts replacement under warranty. Remains to be seen whether the 4 years warranty is just a PR exercise or whether Skoda really means it.
+1 to sbraj. This could be a move to attract customers. Even if the move is genuine, many people will think it to be a eye-wash. Nevertheless, this is the punishment for Skoda Management for not taking things seriously until the launch of T-D4D.

What is the warranty on T-D4D?
Old 28th July 2010, 19:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice move, ensuring you have a bakra to cheat for the next 4 years.

On a serious note, they need to reduce the spares cost and take lessons in business etiquette. That is the only way forward.
Old 5th August 2010, 09:22   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Official press release has been added to the opening post.

If any genre of cars needed extended warranties, its the Europeans. A step in the right direction I say. Mercedes & Skoda were the only two manufacturers who offered 2 year standard warranties, and no extended options. Well, competition took care of that . Now, either offer extended warranty packages.

Long time since I said this, but genuinely great move by Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) What are general terms and conditions ? Its a bit sarcastic statement, but we know what happens in warranty in India. There are a lot of issues and the word " General Wear and Tear " mostly present in the warranty conditions spoil the game for customers.
Aaggoswami : Please keep such extreme pessimism off the forum. If we have to go by what you are saying, maybe its better for no car manufacturer to offer any warranties at all.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:45   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

How can existing owners like me take advantage of this? My Superb turns one year old today (I had the MID remind me it's due for service)
I do not wish to renew my insurance from them at a ridiculous rate, but would like to get the extended warranty that secures me for 4 years. Would have preferred an AMC package instead but somethings better than nothing.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:45   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Sahil since your car is in warranty, writting to skoda & talking to the dealer about it could help get them extend the addtional warranty to you at X addtional cost - to extend your current warranty upto 4 years.

You would need to highlight that you have only got the car serviced at authorized centres till date and possibly that you are a Sr. member of TBHP.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:38   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

@ACM
The car hasn't even been for the first service yet. Although it's due so perhaps next week I will send her in.The only time it's gone to the service center (JMD) was for the monsoon check-up camp they had.
I'm not a Sr BHPian, I'm a D-BHPian
Old 5th August 2010, 12:44   #25
BHPian

This possibly is ground-work for the refreshed Fabia expected soon, and the rumoured cheaper Octavia.
Maybe the parent company is also playing a role in tightening the screws.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:46   #26
BHPian

Appears to be the costliest extended warranty in the market.

1. You need to buy insurance from the company/dealer to avail of this scheme. It is well known that car dealers make 100%+ additional margin on insurance compared to prevailing market rates for the same / equivalent policy. So, the customer would end up paying 20K - 30K (for Laura / Superb) more as hidden cost in form of insurance.
2. 24x7 roadside assistance is linked to the insurance. So, I guess, this service may be actually provided by the insurance provider through TVS 24x7 or similar. This can be bought even from the market in that case. So, no real benefit here.
3. Extended warranty. This is the real value proposition. But what is the price for this ?

If only extended warranty can be bought and the price for the same is competitive enough, then only this scheme makes sense.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
What is the warranty on T-D4D?
All Toyota's in India have 3 yr/1 Lakh km warranty as standard
Old 14th September 2010, 21:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Shield - How Secure?

Hi all,

I have been a great fan of Skoda Cars ever since their launch in India. But then as every member of the forum is aware, the horror stories of Skoda's A.S.S always kept me away from the European beauty. Post #188 on the following link says it all:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-users-13.html

Nevertheless, every time I visit team-bhp.com I anxiously skim thru' ownership reports of several skoda owners for any positive feedback on the A.S.S.

IIRC, early this year GTO & team and the top brass of Skoda Auto met up to discuss the serious A.S.S issues. The outcome of the meet was quite satisfactory, which reiterated the fact that every cloud has a silver lining.

Well.. now coming to the crux of the story, while I was checking out the Skoda's website for updates on the 'to be' launched 200bhp monster, I incidentally bumped on this news about skoda shield (Press release - 03/8/2010):

skoda-shield ?koda Auto -

The following are the salient points as described on the web page:

Basic Motor Insurance Basic Motor Insurance consists of a one-year comprehensive insurance policy. This is clubbed with 24x7 Roadside Assistance for the same term as the insurance

24x7 Roadside Assistance 24x7 Roadside Assistance will offer on-site support to customers in case of breakdown or accident, so that they may carry forward on their journey without major interruption.

Extended Warranty for additional 2yrs/1,00,000 Kms Extended Warranty is an extension of the new car warranty offered by Škoda Auto India and increases the coverage by two years or upto 1,00,000 Kms over the standard warranty. Hence with extended warranty the cover will be 2+2 years/100,000kms (whichever is earlier)

However the above described secure package will be available only to new skoda customers at an extra cost which works out in the region of INR 5,238 to INR 23,486 depending on the Model, Varient and Fuel used.

I would like to request my fellow members, present and prospective skoda owners to throw some light on the this.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 14th September 2010 at 21:19. Reason: Please use search function before creating a new thread on an existing topic. Thanks.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How can existing owners like me take advantage of this? My Superb turns one year old today (I had the MID remind me it's due for service)
I do not wish to renew my insurance from them at a ridiculous rate, but would like to get the extended warranty that secures me for 4 years. Would have preferred an AMC package instead but somethings better than nothing.
The extended warranty is not for existing customers even if their car's are under the 2yr warranty, why they not giving extended warranty for existing customers i dont get it??
Old 14th September 2010, 22:16   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
The extended warranty is not for existing customers even if their car's are under the 2yr warranty, why they not giving extended warranty for existing customers i dont get it??
Their extended warranty is through Bajaj Allianz, so more than warranty it's sort of a service Skoda seems to be offering with projected extended warranty claims covered by Bajaj Allianz.

So it's more like an insurance policy that covers non-accidental part failures in the 3rd and 4th year. The extended warranty is only offered if the customer buys Bajaj Allianz insurance that too from the dealer.

So in reality this should not be termed as extended warranty. It's extended insurance!

Ridiculous, if you ask me.

Should be referred to IRDA as a falsely marketed contentious Insurance plan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks