Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 10:18   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, for those without such a strong NCB, the difference in insurance premiums (dealer quote & from outside) could easily work out to 5,000 per year (for a car like the Laura). That's 4 (years) x 5,000 = Rs. 20,000 additional cost.

Those who have accumulated 65% (before the 50% rule came into force) continue to enjoy the same benefit.
1. Only 5k pa? On my Civic I have saved about 12k due to the 50% NCB.

2. I was reduced to 50% by the agent stating that 65% is now history. The chap is also a DO in New India, so did not question. is there any reference, then I will take it up with them.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:45   #62
BHPian

Looks like I won't be able to claim NCB this year because I don't have the transfer certificate from the Insurance company and was advised it will take a minimum of 15 days to obtain the same. I was told by the dealer that the same can be utilised anytime during a period of 3 years. Is this right? I will be getting the car very shortly.
Old 29th September 2010, 19:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
2. I was reduced to 50% by the agent stating that 65% is now history. The chap is also a DO in New India, so did not question. is there any reference, then I will take it up with them.
Apparently you still can carry over 65% NCB if the 65% accrual happened before the new rule came into force. Here is a link to a very recent post from Sahil that verifies it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2087727

If this is true then somebody owes you money for sure
Old 21st November 2010, 01:00   #64
BHPian

Yesterday made an enquiry on Fabia . They told me about this 'shield' didnt told about the extended warranty package being implemented with external collaboration . The shield is some sort of an insurance which is cashless (inr 1000 has to be remitted every time we make a claim) . Even plastics are 100% covered as per the salesman .
It has to be renewed every year at a nominal fee . And in all those years (4 years, I think so) there wont be any depreciation on value . They have given a price list also .

Last edited by swathyd : 21st November 2010 at 01:01.
Old 21st November 2010, 01:29   #65
BHPian

The price list is attached
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda offers 4 years / 100,000 KM warranty. Called "Skoda Shield"-img_0800-copy.jpg  

Old 21st November 2010, 07:43   #66
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

while reviewing the Yeti I checked with Tafe Access.
Insurance for the Yeti is quoted at 57315. With the 50% NCB being carried over from my existing car, I would be liable to pay only 28500 approx towards this.
But it will need to be transferred from my existing service provider to either ICICI or Bajaj Allianz which are the 2 companies with whom Skoda has tied up.
The vehicle comes with 2 year warranty / 50000 kms when one purchases it.
For extended warranty, one has to pay up a further 19027 which provides warranty for a further 2 years and 50000 kms.
In effect the Skoda Shield at the time of purchase covers Insurance for one year and the 2 year 50,000 kms warranty.
The additional 19000 odd covers the warranty for the additional 2 years and 50000 kms.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 10:44   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Insurance for the Yeti is quoted at 57315. With the 50% NCB being carried over from my existing car, I would be liable to pay only 28500 approx towards this.
I think NCB is 50% of the insurance premium you paid for the car you presently own.
Old 21st November 2010, 13:20   #68
BHPian

Extended warranties being offered in partnership with outside insurance company is quite common. We have a Honda Accord bought in July 2008. A month or so back, something went wrong with the AC compressor and its clutch assembly needed to be replaced. Was making loud, weird noises. As the Accord comes with 2+2 warranty, I found out that the parts, labour etc in the 3rd and 4th years are actually covered by Iffco-Tokio and is not a standard extended warranty offerd by Honda Siel. The Iffco Tokio guy did complete survey, photo etc. of the component. This was all internal at the Honda delaership and did not involve me in any way. But the repair process of the car takes longer because of the involvement of outside insurance co. Learnt that all new Honda Accord's extended warranties is covered by Iffco Tokio and ANHC is covered by some other company, can't rememeber the name.

So Skoda India tieing up with Bajaj Allianz for the 3rd and 4th year warranty is not surprising. But of course, with Honda 2+2 years warranty came standard without any additional payment or other stupid conditions. Now if Skoda India were to offer the same as Honda Siel, i.e. 2 years additional warranty without extra payment - that would be something. But Skoda knows that the failure rate and reliablity of its components is nothing to write home about. On my Feb 2006 Skoda Laura L&K - 3 time turbo failure at 8000 kms, at 22000 kms and now at 64,000 kms. And in b/w flywheel failure, ac compressor failure, and bunch of other stuff. Parts cost of turbo + intercooler is over Rs. 1,40,000. One needs to be pretty rich to be able to afford upkeep of Skoda cars after the warranty is over. It is making me poor.

Last edited by ackyash : 21st November 2010 at 13:23. Reason: spelling
Old 21st November 2010, 14:31   #69
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

when I get an NCB of 50% and when I buy a new car, then the applicable rate of Insurance for that new car reduces by 50% - that is the huge advantage of carrying over the NCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I think NCB is 50% of the insurance premium you paid for the car you presently own.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:58   #70
BANNED

Re: Skoda offers 4 years / 100,000 KM warranty. Called "Skoda Shield"

From what I understand after reading this thread, Skoda Shield is Comprehensive Insurance + Zero depriciation + 2 years extended warranty. In case you have an accident the Insurance covers the damage and the Zero deprication part covers the plastics etc totally 9which would normally be 50%). In this case you loose your NCB because of the claim. During the first 2 years the standard warranty covers non accidental damage / failure of parts. Now what happens if for example the fuel pump fails in the 3rd year? Skoda Shield (provided by BA) covers this part. But in this case you would loose your NCB. Any normal extended warranty like Maruti would cover this failure without affecting your NCB since their extended warranty has nothing to do with insurance.
Old 1st August 2011, 00:08   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
From what I understand after reading this thread, Skoda Shield is Comprehensive Insurance + Zero depriciation + 2 years extended warranty. In case you have an accident the Insurance covers the damage and the Zero deprication part covers the plastics etc totally 9which would normally be 50%). In this case you loose your NCB because of the claim. During the first 2 years the standard warranty covers non accidental damage / failure of parts. Now what happens if for example the fuel pump fails in the 3rd year? Skoda Shield (provided by BA) covers this part. But in this case you would loose your NCB. Any normal extended warranty like Maruti would cover this failure without affecting your NCB since their extended warranty has nothing to do with insurance.
I dont think that the annual insurance is related to the extended warranty. For corporate purchases Skoda allows to buy the extended warranty separately, and have the regular insurance from any insurer of your choice.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:34   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
I dont think that the annual insurance is related to the extended warranty. For corporate purchases Skoda allows to buy the extended warranty separately, and have the regular insurance from any insurer of your choice.
Well if it is a separate policy independent of the normal insurance then I guess there should be no problem. Can any Skoda owner confirm this please.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Well if it is a separate policy independent of the normal insurance then I guess there should be no problem. Can any Skoda owner confirm this please.
Extended warranty of four years is independent of the comprehensive insurance, which is only for one year. In the second year the owner needs to renew insurance on his own. Zero Dep insurance need to be separately negotiated and has nothing to do with the extended warranty. I have a Feb 11 Fabia 1.6. Insurance is valid only till Feb 12, while the extended warranty is valid till Feb 15.
rajcs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 13:54   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Extended warranty of four years is independent of the comprehensive insurance, which is only for one year. In the second year the owner needs to renew insurance on his own. Zero Dep insurance need to be separately negotiated and has nothing to do with the extended warranty. I have a Feb 11 Fabia 1.6. Insurance is valid only till Feb 12, while the extended warranty is valid till Feb 15.
The question is - if you buy insurance from some company other than Bajaj Allianz, do you get extended warranty? Also, when your first year insurance expires, instead of renewing it with Bajaj, if you renew it with some other vendor (Bharati AXA or ICICI Lombard, etc), will your extended warranty be void?
Old 1st August 2011, 14:03   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
The question is - if you buy insurance from some company other than Bajaj Allianz, do you get extended warranty? Also, when your first year insurance expires, instead of renewing it with Bajaj, if you renew it with some other vendor (Bharati AXA or ICICI Lombard, etc), will your extended warranty be void?
As far as i understand you need to continue with Bajaj Allianz for 4 years of warranty period.
rohitm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks