Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 14:25   #91
BHPian

Re: Skoda offers 4 years / 100,000 KM warranty. Called "Skoda Shield"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The SKoda Shield is a cross subsidized product, which is bundled with the first year Insurance. it is offered by SKoda Through Bajaj Allianz. Hence it is necessary to take the warranty, along with the Bajaj Allianz Insurance.

Though in my Humble Opinion, Making a customer buy insurance from a Particular Insurer is against the ethos of Consumer's right to choose, since it is a cross subsidized product, on the lines of an insurance, where Bajaj Alianz is covering a risk of part failure in Year 3 and 4, and the Skoda Shield document on their website clearly states that it is Basic Insurance for Year 1+ EW for Year 3 & 4 i dont think you would be able to force them to give you an extended warranty.

the document is attached ---->Attachment 1082245

Thanks for clarifying. But its really disheartening to come across such absurd policies from such reputed manufacturers.
Old 23rd June 2013, 20:33   #92
Senior - BHPian

My insurance policy will expire next month; I have some questions regarding renewal:

1). Is it necessary to go with Skoda shield renewal?
2). Will my extended warranty be affected if I go for some other insurance other than bajaj Allianz?
3). I am getting an option to increase my IDV value from 15 lacs to 17 lacs for an extra 4k. Is this a genuine statement and worth it?

Please suggest me a good insurance solution based on your experiences.
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:02   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
My insurance policy will expire next month; I have some questions regarding renewal:

1). Is it necessary to go with Skoda shield renewal?
2). Will my extended warranty be affected if I go for some other insurance other than bajaj Allianz?
3). I am getting an option to increase my IDV value from 15 lacs to 17 lacs for an extra 4k. Is this a genuine statement and worth it?

Please suggest me a good insurance solution based on your experiences.
As far as I know:-
1. Skoda shield does not require renewal every year.It is a one time
purchase bought at the time of the car.
2. The tie up with Bajaj Allianz is for the first year only.
Further on you are free to choose the insurance policy
you want to opt for.
3. Increase in IDV value that too with a difference of 2 lakhs , there
might be something off here. I suggest you to stick with big names only.

We had a pretty bad experience with our Optra which was insured by Cholamandalam. They also offered us "increased IDV which turned out
to be hogwash.

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 23rd June 2013 at 23:03.
Old 25th June 2013, 21:02   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
3. Increase in IDV value that too with a difference of 2 lakhs , there
might be something off here. I suggest you to stick with big names only.
This offer is indeed from Bajaj Allianz, hence the confusion!
Old 1st August 2014, 10:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Skoda's Roadside Assistance Program for all Skoda owners

Skoda Auto India recently extended its Roadside Assistance program (RSA) for customers who are not covered under the standard RSA, or those who wish to extend the duration of their existing program.

The RSA is available across the entire Skoda range and the RSA will be provided for a period of 2 years, effective from 1st August, 2014. Customers with <5 year old cars can buy the RSA for RS.3,233 and those with cars >5 year old cars will have to shell out Rs.4,233. Customers who wish to opt for the RSA can purchase it from any authorized dealer across the country.

Some key highlights of Skoda's RSA are:
  • Breakdown Support on Phone
  • On-Site Minor Repair
  • Battery Jump Start
  • Fuel Delivery
  • Tyre Replacement
  • Replacement/ Loss of Keys
  • Towing/ Transportation
  • Taxi Service
  • Emergency Message Relay
Skoda's sales and service experiences have been haunting customers which has resulted in a negative perception towards the brand. With schemes like these, the company is gradually taking steps to change the way people perceive the company's after sales experience.

Link to news article

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2014 at 10:44.
S2!!! is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 11:35   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Offer RSA is no solution. They ought to offer extended warranties instead !!

You are fooling no one but yourself by showing these hogwash "efforts" to win back customer confidence.

A liberal and extendable warranty cover is the only step you can take to improve things! Wake up !!
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 19:37   #97
BHPian

Will it be provided by AXA Assistance India Pvt. Ltd ?

Currently, it provides the Roadside assistance to Volkswagen, Audi & Porsche clientele.
Old 28th July 2015, 14:54   #98
BHPian

Guys, 2 Questions:

I remember paying for and taking extended warranty while purchasing my Skoda Laura, but now can't seem to locate the warranty certificate. The workshop says that the car does not have extended warranty (I'm at 3 years and 11 months). I'm trying to locate this through the showroom I bought from, and waiting for their response.

Second, the workshop is trying to explain a bend in the rear right mount which can "potentially lead to a tyre burst situation" because of which they will have to change the whole rear wheel assembly, costing a meagre sum of 55,000+tax + labour+service tax (Say 75,000 odd). Now, the car hasn't had any accident of any nature, so insurance is out of question. Shouldn't this be covered under extended warranty?

Appreciate any help. I bought of from Tafe Skoda at Saint marls' road Bangalore and the car is lying at their service centre for about a week.

Old 28th July 2015, 15:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Guys, 2 Questions:

I remember paying for and taking extended warranty while purchasing my Skoda Laura, but now can't seem to locate the warranty certificate. The workshop says that the car does not have extended warranty (I'm at 3 years and 11 months). I'm trying to locate this through the showroom I bought from, and waiting for their response.
The showroom would definitely help you with a new letter. I feel the extended warranty is offered to the customer on a joint offering from Skoda and the dealer.

Quote:
Second, the workshop is trying to explain a bend in the rear right mount which can "potentially lead to a tyre burst situation" because of which they will have to change the whole rear wheel assembly, costing a meagre sum of 55,000+tax + labour+service tax (Say 75,000 odd). Now, the car hasn't had any accident of any nature, so insurance is out of question. Shouldn't this be covered under extended warranty?:
The question is how the bend occurred. This can be debated to normal wear-and-tear, running over a pothole/speed-breaker at above acceptable speeds, driving malpractices etc.
Old 28th July 2015, 15:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, 2 Questions:

Appreciate any help. I bought of from Tafe Skoda at Saint marls' road Bangalore and the car is lying at their service centre for about a week.

1. Call up the Skoda customer service and ask them to send the duplicate copy of extended certificate. Also, ask them if their system shows extended warranty for your vehicle. Workshop guys are not correct people, though it is expected that they must have these details.

2. Is the extended warranty provided by Skoda or is it a part of INSURANCE? Some dealers tie up with insurers for extended warranty and sell it to customers and do not actually tell the customers that the warranty is dealer provided in tie up with insurance provider.

3. Just to be sure, how did you pay for the extended warranty? Do you have an invoice of it as you have misplaced the warranty papers. Any cheque that you may have provided? Have them handy just in case.

On the other point, I do not have expertise but the timing of the recommended change is interesting. Sort out the extended warranty quickly and ask them to replace the suggested parts under warranty. I hope he does not go back on his findings then.

Last edited by petrolveins : 28th July 2015 at 15:09.
Old 28th July 2015, 16:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
1. Call up the Skoda customer service and ask them to send the duplicate copy of extended certificate. Also, ask them if their system shows extended warranty for your vehicle. Workshop guys are not correct people, though it is expected that they must have these details.

2. Is the extended warranty provided by Skoda or is it a part of INSURANCE? Some dealers tie up with insurers for extended warranty and sell it to customers and do not actually tell the customers that the warranty is dealer provided in tie up with insurance provider.

3. Just to be sure, how did you pay for the extended warranty? Do you have an invoice of it as you have misplaced the warranty papers. Any cheque that you may have provided? Have them handy just in case.

On the other point, I do not have expertise but the timing of the recommended change is interesting. Sort out the extended warranty quickly and ask them to replace the suggested parts under warranty. I hope he does not go back on his findings then.
And now the showroom calls to inform I don't have extended warranty after all. Feel quite stupid not being careful with paperwork at the time of buying and thinking "We'll see"

But thanks for the inputs guys. Will take out time to go understand the issue, take this on the chin and get the repairs done!
Old 28th July 2015, 17:14   #102
BHPian

Quote:
And now the showroom calls to inform I don't have extended warranty after all. Feel quite stupid not being careful with paperwork at the time of buying and thinking "We'll see"

But thanks for the inputs guys. Will take out time to go understand the issue, take this on the chin and get the repairs done!
Sorry to hear that. You will need to locate the papers. Extended warranty in case of skoda is provided by insurer (Bajaj or ICICI). I recently had to claim extended warranty and in the skoda system my extended warranty has already expired but in actual i still had a year left. So basically the dealer had put in wrong information in the system.
Old 29th July 2015, 16:30   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Sorry to hear that. You will need to locate the papers. Extended warranty in case of skoda is provided by insurer (Bajaj or ICICI). I recently had to claim extended warranty and in the skoda system my extended warranty has already expired but in actual i still had a year left. So basically the dealer had put in wrong information in the system.
I went and looked up my papers. I did indeed pay for EW but the dealer never put that in the system. Now they tell me that some amount of payment was due from me (from 4 years back) which is why I don't get EW

I have written to Skoda management about this issue (outside of the dealership) and people are following up on the issue. Will update on the eventual outcome.
Old 29th July 2015, 21:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I recently had to claim extended warranty and in the skoda system my extended warranty has already expired but in actual i still had a year left. So basically the dealer had put in wrong information in the system.
Like you said - it is very important to get the printed warranty certificate with you to counter such underhand actions. I found that I was missing my EW certificate, so went to the dealer and got them to dig it out and send it to me. Because I did not want surprises if I ever have to make a claim.
With dealers like (who entered wrong information) this who needs enemies?

Last edited by jetti : 29th July 2015 at 21:09.
Old 29th July 2015, 21:20   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Like you said - it is very important to get the printed warranty certificate with you to counter such underhand actions. I found that I was missing my EW certificate, so went to the dealer and got them to dig it out and send it to me. Because I did not want surprises if I ever have to make a claim.
With dealers like (who entered wrong information) this who needs enemies?
Exactly. I was lucky enough to keep Warranty certificate and hence was able to counter them
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks