Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 17:36   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda offers 4 years / 100,000 KM warranty. Called "Skoda Shield"

Just got an SMS - Skoda has started offering 4 years/100000KM warraty for new customers. Called them back and they said this was a heads-up, exact charges will be informed in a couple of days.

Cheers!

From the official press release:

Quote:
SkodaAuto India introduces Skoda Shield

• A unique after sales initiative to enhance customer experience

• Includes Basic Motor Insurance, 24x7 Roadside Assistance and Extended Warranty

Mumbai- August 4th, 2010: SkodaAuto India, a fully owned subsidiary of SkodaAuto a.s., Czech Republic has announced SkodaShield; a unique after sales proposition for Skoda customers. Skoda shield will ensure “4 years of carefree driving” with zero worries ownership experience for all customers.

The all-inclusive package consists of Basic Motor Insurance, 24X7 roadside assistance and Extended Warranty. It is available with all Skoda models including the Skoda Superb, Laura and Fabia. Customers can opt for the SkodaShield at a nominal fee only at the time of purchase of new car.

I. Basic Motor Insurance - Basic Motor Insurance consists of a one-year comprehensive insurance policy. This is clubbed with 24x7 Roadside Assistance for the same term as the insurance.

II. 24x7 Roadside Assistance for the period of insurance - 24x7 Roadside Assistance will offer on-site support to customers in case of breakdown or accident. , so that they may carry forward on their journey without major interruption.

III. Extended Warranty for additional 2yrs/1,00,000 Kms - Extended Warranty is an extension of the new car warranty offered by Škoda Auto India and increases the coverage by two years or upto 1,00,000 Kms over the standard warranty. Hence with extended warranty the cover will be 2+2 years/100,000kms (whichever is earlier)

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2010 at 09:16. Reason: Adding press release to your post
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2010, 18:01   #2
BHPian

If they are indeed doing this then it has the potential to attract a lot of sales and is an excellent move. Quite a lot of people are not choosing Skoda precisely because of high cost of spares even though their cars are quite desireable.
Old 27th July 2010, 18:37   #3
BHPian

Wow, finally it seems Skoda is seriously thinking about it's reputation in India. Good going, now improve your A.S.S too
Old 27th July 2010, 18:45   #4
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Wow, finally it seems Skoda is seriously thinking about it's reputation in India. Good going, now improve your A.S.S too
It has to atleast now. With the new Jetta due next year, that too with a cheaper price tag, Skoda has to get its act together.
Laura itself might come cheaper.
Old 27th July 2010, 18:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

1) What are general terms and conditions ? Its a bit sarcastic statement, but we know what happens in warranty in India. There are a lot of issues and the word " General Wear and Tear " mostly present in the warranty conditions spoil the game for customers.

The dealer mostly says " it comes under general wear and tear ".

2) What matters is overall quality of the service the end user gets. What if the attitude of dealers do not improve ? The 1 lakh km. warranty will have no meaning then.

First the attitude has to be good for customers, then these warranties will be helpful.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2010, 19:05   #6
BHPian

Wow! That's great. But from the Skoda's misdeeds thread I came to know that in some cases, cars under warranty too were mishandled. I wonder if this will all change.
Old 27th July 2010, 19:07   #7
BHPian

Good news indeed. Hope, they don't discontinue the 2-yr warranty on replacement parts.

Skoda has to bring in a lot of sales innovation to fight Altis-D.
Old 27th July 2010, 19:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sounds great. I am sure the fear of the T-Altis-D contributed to this... Pray they dont end up saying a DSG failure is normal Wear&Tear - dont be surprised - the 2-3liter oil consumption in the 1st 5K KMS is normal according to these same genious's...
Old 27th July 2010, 19:22   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I called the dealer (on the number mentioned in the SMS) - the first number belonged to a service center job in-charge who said I should call the sales or warranty guys.

Second number belonged to a sales guy who could not speak proper english or proper marathi (the state language here)...and he said "ye naye customers ke liye hain, existing customers ke liye ek mahine mein company se information aayega". I asked if this warranty is free for the new customers. He said "das/pandrah hazar dena padega". I hung up when he said he will get details in 4 days.

Finally, I called my sales guy - he said this SMS is only for "informing the customers", the charges, terms and conditions and applicability to existing customers will be available soon.

So they first send the SMS and then when called back, they say "Oh, so you got the SMS from us, hmmm...let us get back to you..."

May be they are testing the SMS service provider QoS
Old 27th July 2010, 21:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Whatever it is, it seems to be a good move by Skoda to reinforce the trust put by all those Superb and Laura customers in them.
Old 27th July 2010, 22:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) What are general terms and conditions ? Its a bit sarcastic statement, but we know what happens in warranty in India. There are a lot of issues and the word " General Wear and Tear " mostly present in the warranty conditions spoil the game for customers.

The dealer mostly says " it comes under general wear and tear ".
Even if that's the case, its better than a two year warranty on the same parts. So a definite improvement here
Old 28th July 2010, 08:32   #12
BHPian

Does it apply for the Fabia too! Haven't got any SMS so far.
We all know the current model Fabia is going through a closing down sale. Wonder if they will offer an extended warranty!
Old 28th July 2010, 09:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

I'll be cautiously optimistic here. I think this is a part of the whole VW group image makeover plan and is more than welcome.

People who buy VW's (say the Polo or the Jetta) would generally be aware of Skoda being a VW subsidiary, and continuous bashing of the Skoda brand is detrimental to the parent company too.

Here's hoping that with this change in warranty (if-confirmed) comes a turnaround in service experience as well.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:18   #14
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Good move, a bit too late for my laura that crossed 4 years. Hope existing Laura, Fabia and Superb users with cars less than 3 years old can extend the warranty till 4 years.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:56   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Good move. I suggest prospective and current owners who can avail this, call Toyota and thank them for Launching the Altis Deisel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks