Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 21:06   #166
Senior - BHPian

1.Jazz seems to be doing well,lots of tbhpians have booked one this month.
2.Nano figures at 8,000!Seems like scaling up of production has started.
3.New entrant Micra also seems to have garnered respectable numbers from its limited dealership network.With more dealerships this number will increase.
4.2000 Altises.Diesel+Toyota,the party trick.
Old 1st September 2010, 21:15   #167
BHPian

Skoda sales up 24 pc in August

Source: Economic times

Quote:
Czech luxury car-maker SkodaAuto on Wednesday reported a 24 per cent growth in vehicle sales to 1,511 units in August.

"I am extremely delighted with SkodaAuto's continuing growth as we gear up for the exciting period ahead. To further propel Skoda's success in the Indian market, we will soon introduce Skoda's first SUV, 'Yeti'," SkodaAuto India Board Member (Sales and Marketing) Thomas Kuehl said.

The company currently sells three models in India -- Superb, Laura and Fabia.

Comparison with July 2010
Skoda sold 1222 units in July as compare to 1511 units in August. I think Fabia discount is generating some extra numbers for Skoda.
Old 1st September 2010, 22:09   #168
BHPian

Indica numbers are down to 7000+ only, an area of major concern for Tata Motors.
Also except the Nano, all the other products are also not showing high growth rates.
They immediately need the launch of the vehicles showcased in the auto expo.

Regarding Micra, I also think that it would remain a niche product, considering its looks, interiors, huge panel gaps between the bumper and bonnet.
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:53   #169
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar Motor Sales Grow by 26% in August

Toyota Kirloskar Motor has registered a growth of 26% in sales in August 2010 compared to the same period last year. It sold 6361 units in August 2010 against 5045 units in August last year.

A growth of 62% has been recorded for the period January to August 2010, over the same period last year.

Commenting on the month’s performance, Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director-Marketing TKM, said, “The Corolla Diesel that was launched in the end of July has lived up to our expectations with around 2000 bookings since its launch.

August also marked the first anniversary of the Fortuner in India, as well as reaching the milestone of 10,000 units sold which we celebrated by introducing the Fortuner Anniversary Edition."

Source: Toyota - Toyota Kirloskar Motor Sales Grow by 26% in August

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 2nd September 2010 at 09:53. Reason: Edit
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:57   #170
Senior - BHPian

The TOI has given some numbers today. According to the data, FIAT is the only company with negative YOY figures I guess.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:13   #171
BHPian

With VW starting to flex its muscle, both financial and product portfolio, I would happily put my money on VW becoming the most preferred brand on Indian automotive scene in 5-7 years. Notice the aggressive pricing on VW Jetta in US (think it is down couple of '000 $s) and new Jetta is bigger and better. Aggression is also evident in pricing of Vento in India. Indians are not low price seekers, they are value seekers - just like in so many other markets. And VW delivers it in loadfulls.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:49   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
Indica numbers are down to 7000+ only, an area of major concern for Tata Motors.
Also except the Nano, all the other products are also not showing high growth rates.
They immediately need the launch of the vehicles showcased in the auto expo.
Figures from Tata Motors have also rolled in. The company has sold a total of 65,938 units compared to 49,810 units sold in the same month last year resulting in a YOY growth of 32%.

Cumulative sales (including exports) for the company for the fiscal are 315,445 nos., a growth of 43% over 220,978 nos. sold last year.

The passenger vehicles business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 27,008 units (25,196 Tata + 1,812 Fiat) in the domestic market in August 2010, a 34% increase compared to 20,146 nos. (17,364 Tata + 2,782 Fiat) in August last year.

Sales of Tata passenger vehicles are 25,196 units, a growth of 45% over August 2009. Sales of the Tata Nano were 8103 units, higher by 224% over August last year. The Indica range sales were 7,531 units, lower by 22% over August last year. The Indigo range recorded sales of 6,678 units, a growth of 151% over August last year. The Sumo/Safari range accounted for sales of 2,884 nos., higher by 11% over August last year.

Jaguar Land Rover sales continued their upward trend.
Cumulative sales and distribution offtake of passenger vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal are 135,509 units (125,296 Tata + 10,213 Fiat), against 90,718 units (80,392 Tata + 10,326 Fiat) last year, a growth of 49%.

Cumulative sales of Tata passenger vehicles were 125,296 units, a 56% increase compared to 80,392 units, last year. Cumulative sales of the Nano are 31,882 units, a 541% increase. Cumulative sales of the Indica range are 42,644 units, lower by 9%. Cumulative sales of the Indigo family are 34,988 units, higher by 132%. Cumulative sales of the Sumo/Safari range are 15,782 units, higher by 18%.

Tata Motors August 2010 Sales Up 32% YOY - Fiat Punto Linea Sales | Autoholiks
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:10   #173
Senior - BHPian

Great going MSIL.Keep it up.

Waiting for the model wise break up.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Book1.xls (14.0 KB, 588 views)
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:22   #174
BHPian

Glad to see Beat in the 2k+ sales bracket. Never a good feeling if the sales figures of the car you own drop drastically!
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:27   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Glad to see Beat in the 2k+ sales bracket. Never a good feeling if the sales figures of the car you own drop drastically!
But its not good. I mean, 2K margin is not good for this car. I am sure the Figo and Polo had its effect on this buddy. And its own cousin Sparky too hit him I think
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:41   #176
BHPian

Came across the sales figures in TOI and the ONLY manufacturer whose sales have decreased & that too drastically is FIAT. Whats the way out for the company? I'm sure the problem is definitely not with the cars but with the A.S.S. Pity considering that each time a Linea or a Punto passes by, my face just lights up.
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:13   #177
BHPian

FIAT has to give serious thought. Launch Linea T-jet immed. with lot of print/commercials on TV. Decrease price of Puntos/Lineas 1.4/1.3. Launch new attarctive colors. Give more discounts/schemes. After sales is already improved but further can be strnghtened. In fact every day either print or TV commercial should be there for Linea/Punto/Palio. And of course try to launch small car by 2011 not by 2012 when complete Indian market will be flooded by small cars. I don't know Why they are always late? Why they lose opportunities and let others to grab?
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Pity considering that each time a Linea or a Punto passes by, my face just lights up.
Tell me about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Came across the sales figures in TOI and the ONLY manufacturer whose sales have decreased & that too drastically is FIAT. Whats the way out for the company? I'm sure the problem is definitely not with the cars but with the A.S.S.
Not necessarily! I somehow think, after the initial euphoria, the company is doing many things wrong.

A case in point is its latest ad. Looking objectively, what point does the ad want to put across? That the car's designed by some GG guy from Italy? Not at all a name that will sell more cars. And its setting is a car parking lot and the use of an Azure car - hardly exciting. The ad's definitely not doing anything for the car.

On the pricing front too, it's just not doing OK. Figo's a full 1.2L cheaper (top-end), more exciting to drive & with the same dull interiors. And when you sit inside the car, the exteriors hardly matter.

And after having made itself dearer by nearly 30k since the launch, it's still not willing to offer a beige & black scheme or somehow make the car feel premium.

At the end, all I'll say is wrong tactics, wrong priorities, terrible execution. And of course, the bad A.S.S. isn't helping any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
With VW starting to flex its muscle, both financial and product portfolio, I would happily put my money on VW becoming the most preferred brand on Indian automotive scene in 5-7 years. Notice the aggressive pricing on VW Jetta in US (think it is down couple of '000 $s) and new Jetta is bigger and better. Aggression is also evident in pricing of Vento in India. Indians are not low price seekers, they are value seekers - just like in so many other markets. And VW delivers it in loadfulls.
I'll second that. Volkswagen is VFM (wish it had put a few more goodies in the Comfortline Polo though!), especially with the Vento. And like the GTO mentioned earler, don't be surprised if the Germans will be running Maruti soon!
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:55   #179
BHPian

^^ I dont think discounts/schemes etc can be good for a car brand. Yes they need to be more pro active in marketing. With the kind of segments they are operating in, they need to make the customer feel special & cherished. Just VFM wont do. Team-bhp posts suggests that the A.S.S has improved, but i guess that just wont be enough. Treat every customer as if its the first customer. Turn every Fiat customer into a brand ambassador. Thats possible only if you provide not good but exemplary service.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:20   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Honda Figures:

City : 4259
Jazz : 592
Civic: 455
Accord: 203
Cr-V: 22
These are good numbers from Honda considering the fact that its the only company without a diesel engined car in their lineup.

The Civic and Jazz numbers are gradually improving.

Note from Mod : GTO's August 2010 sales analysis has been uploaded here. This thread is closed.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2010 at 14:18. Reason: Adding link to August 2010
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks